Closed Thread
Page 80 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    @Yasna Thank you for your welcome!

It's good to have a doctor that you can trust, and feel safe especially when it comes to become a mother. I wanted to feel that way with my doctor before I proceeded.

I wanted to stop because we were trying for years as I mentioned before and every month I would get so depressed when my period came or had negative pregnacy tests that was really taking a toll on me. I was crying and praying every night and I couldn't even go visit relatives or friends that had little kids. I would come home crying and go to bed not wanting to see anyone and my husband didn't know how to console me. I had decided that egg donation would have been the last thing I would try and if it failed then I would just tell myself this is it and deal with it.

Anyways, I don't want to think about those days anymore. I now have an adorable beautiful little guy calling me mom that made me forget how my life was before him.

Thank you for your wishes for my next cycle! I also wish you all the best with yours and we will keep on chatting!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Joyang For This Useful Post:

Yasna  (04-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,

So we had our first skype consultation with Dr Nikos who was like everyone said he was!
    Genuine and fun, no sugar coating... just what we need!

However each time I tried to lead the conversation towards the choice of the donor, I found the answers a bit vague as he just said: "yes yes nos issues at all to find a donor for you".
    Which I'm glad to hear but I guess my question would be for the ladies who had Dr Nikos: how relevant was the matching he did for you?

We're not too fussy but we don't want to compromise on the basics: hair / eyes/ skin colour.
    Are we guaranteed that this will be taken in consideration?

Have you girls ask for more criteria i.e height or anything else?

I guess I just need reinsurance! X

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LillyM For This Useful Post:

Charlie74  (04-04-2017),Yasna  (04-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @LillyM, as far as I'm aware the characteristic matching is generally pretty spot on - Dr Nikos was quite concerned when finalising everything prior to egg pickup as the donor had hazel eyes, while mine are blue/grey. We were okay with that difference, as both my DP and my own mother have hazel eyes, so its easy to identify a source for that colouration. Complexion and height were great matches, and I've even had a couple of nurses comment that the boys look like me! My little girl is definitely fair skinned like me, and looks like she's going to have lighter coloured hair - all of which ties in with our colouring nicely

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AngelD For This Useful Post:

LillyM  (04-04-2017),Phia  (05-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Egg Donation in Greece #5

Duplicated - sorry
    Last edited by AngelD; 05-04-2017 at 10:56. Reason: Duplicated post 🙄

Thanks
    Reviews

Duplicated - sorry
    Last edited by AngelD; 05-04-2017 at 10:57.

Thanks
    Reviews

Duplicated - sorry
    Last edited by AngelD; 05-04-2017 at 10:58.

Thanks
    Reviews
    The matching at Embryoland is done by his wonderful receptionist, she has a great eye for detail and then Dr Nikos gives the go ahead. My Greek donor egg had blue eyes and brown hair and is a teacher like me, and a bit shorter than me, so I'm very happy. I chose the sperm donor myself and my boy has my skin colouring and dark brown eyes, I have hazel eyes and everyone says he looks like me. He must be so handsome !! He resembles the sperm donor quite a bit. Every a single person I've met in person from Embryoland, their child really resembles them, they do a great job of matching. Don't worry @LillyM ..

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Yasna For This Useful Post:

AngelD  (05-04-2017),julz1974  (06-04-2017),LillyM  (06-04-2017),Phia  (05-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    ladies,

I'm looking at starting this process however I'm going to go through SuperCare. Has anyone else used this service? Any tips or advice or are you able to tell me how long the process took?

I'm hoping to go to Embryoland with Dr Nikos Kanakas. When's the best time to travel or not travel to Athens?
    Were you able to request a PROVEN donor?

I have so many questions I just don't know where to start.

Thanks
    Reviews

Hi @Amandamoo - I think a few ladies have successfully accessed their super for OS ED and I'm sure they'll walk you through it all
    When you have your Skype appointment with Dr Nikos have a list of questions to ask prepared beforehand so that you don't forget anything, also email him to be sure afterwards . As for travel times, Embryoland is closed in August, but other than that it will depend on your finances - June-August is peak season so flights and accommodation will be more expensive, and it can be quite warm being the height of summer. It's really up to you, but I know a large number of couples head over in September - Dr Nikos had over 20 Australian couples in for treatment last September.
    Hope this all helps, and fingers crossed for you

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AngelD For This Useful Post:

Amandamoo  (05-04-2017),Charlie74  (05-04-2017),LillyM  (06-04-2017),Phia  (05-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks