ADVERTISEMENT

Closed Thread
Page 53 of 100 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lissimmo View Post
    Hi All
    Has anyone used Dr Nick as their Aussie FS prior to going to Greece?
    I am swapping over to him from Talmor and I have Ruth in Greece managing me with my protocol etc.
    Dr Nick's office just called and said I have to pay $1000 Management fee on top of his $350 initial fee.
    Apparently the mgt fee is for writing up scripts and scans etc but I already have my scripts from my gp.
    Has anyone heard of this 'Management fee'?
    As I was already a patient of Dr Waz.. His management fee for overseas cycle was about $300 for first cycle and $150 for each subsequent cycle. Depends how much support you get.. But$1300 seems a bit excessive as you can not claim anything from Medicare. I was happy with what I paid to waz as the last 2 overseas cycles resulted in a lot of intervention and advice and extra meds with one ending in a miscarriage and one with a large bleed and bedrest. Waz was interpreting my bloods scans.. Prescribing all his meds for a FET (15 plus meds) and the handling things after transfer as I had low progesterone which he managed.

Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kylie764 View Post
    As I was already a patient of Dr Waz.. His management fee for overseas cycle was about $300 for first cycle and $150 for each subsequent cycle. Depends how much support you get.. But$1300 seems a bit excessive as you can not claim anything from Medicare. I was happy with what I paid to waz as the last 2 overseas cycles resulted in a lot of intervention and advice and extra meds with one ending in a miscarriage and one with a large bleed and bedrest. Waz was interpreting my bloods scans.. Prescribing all his meds for a FET (15 plus meds) and the handling things after transfer as I had low progesterone which he managed.

Good luck
    @1more try, really sorry to hear, hope you are ok? It really sux and I know how you feel. @kylie764 I really don't get why these guy's get away with charging these mgt' fee's on top of their own fee's. I was going to just get my gp write out the scripts and my natropath in greece said she is more than happy to interpret the scans for free.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I never went back to Dr De Ambrosis to manage my overseas cycle. I got my GP to run my bloods, give me a referral for a scan and prescribe me the progynova and clexane. The rest was up to Dr Kanakas. I wouldn't waste my money on Wazza, I asked him to send me my old protocol, he sent me some generic crap. Wasn't helpful anyway since I was following Dr Kanakas' protocol and just kept up with the clexane. If was low on progesterone I would just increase my dose, but so far so good.

Update for me !!

Bloods 2 days after the original:

HCG===> 980
    PROG==> 30

I went for another blood test today, but my GP wrote on there fasting !! So I have to do it tomorrow, shes doing all my pregnancy bloods, bla bla..shes an awesome Dr !!

I've booked in for my 7 week scan March 6th and I'm going to see my Obstetrician that afternoon!! Not long now .....2 weeks !!!

IM SO EXCITED !!

Last edited by Yasna; 20-02-2017 at 11:31.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Yasna For This Useful Post:

AngelD  (20-02-2017),AnnaMM  (21-02-2017),julz1974  (20-02-2017),Juventina  (21-02-2017),Rhino  (22-02-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Wow @Yasna! Fabulous progress!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Phia For This Useful Post:

Yasna  (20-02-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @bindyboop you need extra cash if you want to keep freeze your embryos they keep them i think for 5 years l have 4 more embryos if i need to go back and have siblings for my daughter we paid before we come back to aus ...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi All
    Going over again in April, can anyone recommend please some accommodation (Plaka) area and safe.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @lissimmo the best western Amazon hotel is really good, both angelD and I stayed there, they have a good breakfast and the beds are really good as well, I have also stayed at the plaka hotel which is good as well, both in the plaka and both within walking distance of everything

Thanks
    Reviews
    @lissimmo I agree totally with stacey10 - we were in walking distance of everything, really nice hotel and DP reckons the best breakfast of the entire trip! There's also a tiny little church directly across from the hotel where we went to ask for a blessing after transfer, the best gyros on Athens right next door (Kostas) but be quick - they sell out around 1pm. There's also a laundry on the same block - they charge something like €6 for a load - washed, dried and folded - could be more but very well worth it. Fingers crossed for a successful second trip xx

11. The Following User Says Thank You to AngelD For This Useful Post:

Phia  (20-02-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Thanks lovely ladies

Comes up as $3k for 5 nights does that sound correct?
    For one person.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @lissimmo - what dates are you going?