Closed Thread
Page 52 of 100 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    @Yasna wahoooo congratulations!!! Can't wait for your scan 😊😊😊
    To those that have joined us welcome, looking forward to following your journeys!!
    I am starting to get prepared.. renewing passport, quotes through travel agents.. starting to get anxious about the financial side of things! Especially since we are thinking about going to Paris first but now I am rethinking.. Dr Nikos quoted us for DE Transfer and meds and with the way the Euro is at the moment I'm thinking 10K aud? Just wondering if there are any other costs that you ladies think I should account for in my budget before finalising my trip.. hope you don't mind me asking about the money side of things! I am a total stress head 😩

2. The Following User Says Thank You to bindyboop For This Useful Post:

Yasna  (17-02-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by 1MoreTry View Post
    We had a wonderful time in Athens.....finally made it over there.. @Yasna took your recommendation regarding Kostas and he is just so wonderful! Met us at the airport n took us sightseeing he was just so sweet! Congratulations on your positive result! Congratulations too to everyone who is recently positive and/or carrying bubs....very blessed indeed!

Sadly our journey ended up being negative....we are just so devastated and unsure why or how but grateful for Dr Nikos experience and caring.....we were so sure it was going to be positive due to all the symptoms but i feel like my body keeps deceiving me....just a little hard to be upbeat at the moment.....seeing many new mums with their bubs everywhere i go and emptiness grows day by day....just feel so much sadness right now......so many unknowns....
    I am so sorry to hear this, sending you cyber hugs and strength. Don't give up! X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @bindyboop hi, regarding costs all up for all ivf stuff, it was exactly 7000 euro with dr.n pretty sure other girls paid exactly that too. :-)

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gorgeousgeorge For This Useful Post:

1MoreTry  (16-02-2017),bindyboop  (16-02-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @1MoreTry im so sorry to hear this. This has happened to me too and its hard after you get so excited about a 2nd chance plan. There are lots of ladies that do end up having to try de 3 or 4 times so you are not alone there. Take care and be kind to yourself. Did you have any frosties? I didnt so had to try a whole nother cycle. If you need to access your super if you decide to try again ive been thtough that process so i could help with that. Take some time to be sad. Its ok to be sad when something sad happens.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gorgeousgeorge For This Useful Post:

1MoreTry  (16-02-2017),Phia  (17-02-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by gorgeousgeorge View Post
    @bindyboop hi, regarding costs all up for all ivf stuff, it was exactly 7000 euro with dr.n pretty sure other girls paid exactly that too. :-)
    Great thank you!! That is very close to what I was thinking 😊

9. The Following User Says Thank You to bindyboop For This Useful Post:

Phia  (17-02-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bindyboop, from memory I think I paid around 7000 euro, half cash half card...plus this time I bought heaps of Utrogestan, which for 10 packets cost me 80 euro, make sure you stock up on them ! I think you need around 18 packets if you're on 4 a day for 12 weeks....I got ten since someone I know has spares !

What else do you need to get money for ?? FOOD !!! EAT OUT !! wohoo Stay at St George Lycabettus, so nice in my room 107 !! perfect view ! Awesome breakfast buffet and a cheap cab ride to Monesteraki and Sytagma etc..

I think there are no more expenses other than those mentioned.

Paris hey? The whole Louvre terrorist drama thing is a bit scary and the Islamic fundamentalists are going a bit nuts over there..perhaps a quieter more peaceful and quaint part of France like "Nice" ...oh i'd like to go there, Paris doesn't intrigue me, the countryside of France does and the coastline...Just an idea? I really enjoyed Italy, I went to visit my sister in Trieste and spent a day in Rome walking around the Vatican museum, my god that place is massive and its like IKEA you cant find your way out !!! But SOOOO worth it, i got blisters and walked over 15000 steps in Rome..but enjoyable Gnocchi at the end of the day made it so nice.

I can't believe I''m pregnant, I'm so happy !!
    Three weeks are going to go so slow until scan time, but work willl keep my mind occupied.

Welcome to the new ladies!!! I feel like starting a Dr Nikos Kanakas appreciation thread, after all Dr Warren De Ambrosis has one, and he never got me pregnant after 10 tries. Each time I got pregnant with him another doctor was replacing him whiile he was away, and they did my transfer. Mind you I had a blighted ovum and miscarried twins at 9 weeks. I was devo. Dr Kanakas has made me one very very very very very very happy woman !!!

11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Yasna For This Useful Post:

1MoreTry  (16-02-2017),Amandamoo  (16-02-2017),bindyboop  (16-02-2017),julz1974  (16-02-2017),Phia  (17-02-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Yasna I am looooving your excitement, oh how I hope this will be me in a few months!!!
    You make a good point, and it is in the back of my mind... but Paris is somewhere I have always wanted to go, it will be a quick trip.. but yes risky! Hubby actually said maybe Italy too.. nothing set in stone yet so we'll see!

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bindyboop For This Useful Post:

1MoreTry  (16-02-2017),Phia  (17-02-2017),Yasna  (16-02-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Rhino @stacey10 @bindyboop @georgeousgeorge Thank you wonderful ladies for your words of encouragement and support! Its great to come on here and know there is a loving and supportive community! you are all so encouraging - thank you!

Whilst I am confused and frustrated we need to talk to Dr Nikos to see what if any are the issues.... @stacey10 - haven't looked into immune issues as that hasn't really come up but will discuss with Dr Nikos - thanks for the heads up!

Sometimes I feel so guilty because I already have one beautiful child and I know there are others out there that are still struggling for the first....its a hard road for them too...but when she looks at me and asks about a sibling and has those deeply disappointed eyes that just melt my heart I cannot help but feel my gut churn......I fear that the longing will stay with me for a long time....but then I read your posts and the fighting spirit you all have and that boosts my thoughts! Hubby and I will grieve a little and take some time but we will talk to Dr Nikos soon and see where we are heading.....

If you are over there at the moment I cannot recommend Yasna's Kostas more highly....brilliant and caring man!....Athens was just so wonderful for us on the tourist front and whilst we didn't island hop if we do go back we will surely spend sometime on the islands.....the food was just amazing!!! The people so friendly and I loved the plaka and syntagma square and the shopping area - great restaurants too! Baby dust to all

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 1MoreTry For This Useful Post:

Peninsula Girl  (17-02-2017),stacey10  (17-02-2017),Yasna  (16-02-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Frosties

Quote Originally Posted by gorgeousgeorge View Post
    @1MoreTry im so sorry to hear this. This has happened to me too and its hard after you get so excited about a 2nd chance plan. There are lots of ladies that do end up having to try de 3 or 4 times so you are not alone there. Take care and be kind to yourself. Did you have any frosties? I didnt so had to try a whole nother cycle. If you need to access your super if you decide to try again ive been thtough that process so i could help with that. Take some time to be sad. Its ok to be sad when something sad happens.
    @gorgeousgeorge ....unfortunately no frosties for us so wer in the same boat as yourself if we go again....hadn't thought about the super option but would probably look to save up the funds again....we did the trip quite economically but splurged at times.....great advice bout being sad....we will take the time and reassess.....trying to focus on small but positive things in the day to divert my thoughts....how did you manage after the first try?

17. The Following User Says Thank You to 1MoreTry For This Useful Post:

Phia  (17-02-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bindyboop, we went to Paris before coming to Greece, we where there for 2 days and managed to see all that we wanted. You always see the army with their guns everywhere. You get security checked to use the rail and security checked for all main attractions.

We met Dr Nikos today, (hi Dr Nikos) cause he reads these posts, lol.
    He is wonderful. I'm feeling hopeful. My lining is still thin, so upped my progynova to 2 per day and from Saturday 4 per day, going back for a scan on Saturday. We got 14 eggs from our donor and hopefully find out tomorrow how many embies fertilized, then the wait again for 3 and 5 day updates.
    For those going to see him for the first time, take your passports to your first appointment and the cash payment.

Awesome news too all the bfp results.

19. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mrsl73 For This Useful Post:

1MoreTry  (17-02-2017),bindyboop  (17-02-2017),julz1974  (17-02-2017),Rhino  (22-02-2017),Yasna  (17-02-2017)