Closed Thread
Page 51 of 100 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    OMG @Yasna....I'm flipping out .....that is super awesome news.

No wonder you can't sleep, Your too excited, and I don't blame you....OMG!!! xx

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to julz1974 For This Useful Post:

gorgeousgeorge  (15-02-2017),Rhino  (16-02-2017),Yasna  (15-02-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Yasna yaaaaaaayyyyyy!!!!!! Bloody hell Im so excited cuz you're excited! may this be an uneventful pregnancy with healthy Bub or bubs arriving before you know it - and let's hope for a girl (they are pretty awesome)
    He he Xxx

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Phia For This Useful Post:

gorgeousgeorge  (15-02-2017),Yasna  (15-02-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow 10 days, I can't sleep now with this renewed hope of a bubs so I can't imagine 10 days to go! Please let us know how you go & best wishes x

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kefbub For This Useful Post:

gorgeousgeorge  (15-02-2017),julz1974  (16-02-2017),Phia  (16-02-2017),Yasna  (15-02-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by gorgeousgeorge View Post
    Lol xox you seem to have recovered from your valentine's woes ;-) congrats on the confirmation too. Thats a relief too. I appreciated what you said in your previous post. Sometimes i focus so much on the missing baby in my life that i forget about the actual people in my life like dh, and dont appreciate that i have been lucky in life in other ways.
    And, it shocked me when u said, "who would want me?" Lots of people, i reckon. I think you're cool, lol. And as a fellow teacher, you must have a big heart. You know, i think in this day and age, most blokes our ages, would expect women to have children and realise by the time people are 35+ they have baggage (babies) and i think these days, its common and not such a big deal or social stigna thing to have partners with kids from previous partners (previous sperm donors, ok, maybe a little less common). And who else would want you and your ready made family? Blokes like us ladies, who just desperately want to be parents, to have a family and want lots more people in their lives to love even if it happens in a non conventional way. I mean, who wants to just have sex with their husband and have a baby 9 months later. Thats a bloody boring story, if you ask me. If my students wrote me that as a story, id hand it back and say its cliche and not very creative at all xox
    I really was so depressed yesterday, I blame the lack of sleep and hormones but what I did say came from the heart. I do feel so alone sometimes and I remember when my son was quite small I cried holding him in my arms feeling so lonely. He wasn't smiling yet, or laughing just looked at me with a blank stare and I felt really sad and blue. All I've ever wanted was a decent man in my life, I had a toy boy, he was 12 years younger, we've been seeing each other for over a decade, but he never got his sperm checked and I wish I started this IVF journey way before my 39th year. Now we are friends and he adores my son, but I still miss that special spark in my life, the love, the affection, the security.

Now that my son now is laughing, smiling, starting to talk and pointing at things and going "gaaah?" I get a cute attack every time. I forget that I havent got a decent man and really enjoy just being his mother. I'm so tired most times I don't know if I'm ready anyway. I really enjoy being a mum, I've been dreaming about it since I was 14. I like what you said about finding a man who wants a ready made family, perhaps his wife died, or he she left him with the kids, or he never had the chance to make them and would be happy with my little family. That would be perfect ! I get envious of my friend on facebook who met this guy on tinder over 6 months ago, he has 2 kids and so does she, she posts pix all the time of them going out with their children together, she gives me hope. I downloaded tinder last night onto my phone and wore myself out from scrolling left until I fell asleep. I actually slept through last night only waking briefly at exactly 230am again !! So i feel a bit more rested today.

One day I will find love, but for now, my love is sleeping in the next room, clutching his favourite robot blanket and making my heart melt every time I look at him. I can't wait to feel double the love with 2 children, I hope I'm lucky enough to have the same easy pregnancy as my last.

Thanks to all of you girls giving me support...I really appreciate it..im a bit emotional still and exhausted from this whole back to work and jetlag business.

I really hope those of you going to Athens soon will have success, Dr Kanakas is having the best run lately !! Its not just him, his donors are exceptional, oh and guess what I found out about my egg donor, shes a teacher too !!! OMG !!!! She likes reading, gymnastics, cinema and painting...thats all i know...good enough for me...x

I hope to read some good news in a few months from the the ladies travelling soon !!! I'll be here reading, hoping and praying for success...

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Yasna For This Useful Post:

bindyboop  (16-02-2017),julz1974  (16-02-2017),kefbub  (16-02-2017),Peninsula Girl  (16-02-2017),Phia  (16-02-2017),Rhino  (16-02-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Where to from here.....

We had a wonderful time in Athens.....finally made it over there.. @Yasna took your recommendation regarding Kostas and he is just so wonderful! Met us at the airport n took us sightseeing he was just so sweet! Congratulations on your positive result! Congratulations too to everyone who is recently positive and/or carrying bubs....very blessed indeed!

Sadly our journey ended up being negative....we are just so devastated and unsure why or how but grateful for Dr Nikos experience and caring.....we were so sure it was going to be positive due to all the symptoms but i feel like my body keeps deceiving me....just a little hard to be upbeat at the moment.....seeing many new mums with their bubs everywhere i go and emptiness grows day by day....just feel so much sadness right now......so many unknowns....

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 1MoreTry For This Useful Post:

Phia  (16-02-2017),Rhino  (16-02-2017),Yasna  (15-02-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by 1MoreTry View Post
    We had a wonderful time in Athens.....finally made it over there.. @Yasna took your recommendation regarding Kostas and he is just so wonderful! Met us at the airport n took us sightseeing he was just so sweet! Congratulations on your positive result! Congratulations too to everyone who is recently positive and/or carrying bubs....very blessed indeed!

Sadly our journey ended up being negative....we are just so devastated and unsure why or how but grateful for Dr Nikos experience and caring.....we were so sure it was going to be positive due to all the symptoms but i feel like my body keeps deceiving me....just a little hard to be upbeat at the moment.....seeing many new mums with their bubs everywhere i go and emptiness grows day by day....just feel so much sadness right now......so many unknowns....
    I'm so sorry to hear about your recent experience but I''m sure Dr Nikos will find which factors are affecting you getting pregnant. It could be a male factor if you have a DH. One of my friends that went to see him had a stubborn partner who refused to believe it was him, (much like my toy boy) I told her that she needed a double donor, egg and sperm, my male donor was 26, her partner was in his 60s. I think the younger the sperm the better the chances, but I read somewhere over 20 is best. So don't blame yourself, it might be him?

As for Kostas, I'm glad you enjoyed your time with him, hes a lovely man and really likes showing off his city, he always has a different place for me to eat or a new sight to see, we went to this amazing restaurant in Microlimono !! Delicious !! I've been day dreaming about that restaurant ever since my return home. The food over there is unmatched, even in Greek restaurants here.

So I hope you return to Athens and give it another red hot go ! I'm very stubborn and wasn't giving up in a hurry, after all I did 10 IVF on my crappy eggs. I believe in Dr Nikos and I know he will do all it takes to make you a mother. My friend that had the stubborn partner is now 16 weeks pregnant with donor sperm and egg. She is over the moon and I've never seen her happier.

Good luck and don't give up on yourself, and don't be hard on yourself, its not only you, its the eggs, the sperm the combination, the uterus, the science is not perfect otherwise everyone would be successful. But you also can be, if you keep fighting. You are strong enough to get this far, even now I still have a heartache that my eggs lie useless in my body. My last scan before traveling the Dr mentioned I had 'a good egg reserve for someone of my age'...yeah great a body full of crappy eggs. I gave up on my DNA, but apparently, my DNA gets passed onto my baby, and I carry his Y chromosome for the rest of my life. I heard this from the microbiologist...

Try every angle every option and don't you dare blame yourself.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Yasna For This Useful Post:

1MoreTry  (15-02-2017),gorgeousgeorge  (16-02-2017),Phia  (16-02-2017),Rhino  (16-02-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Thanks!

@Yasna thankyou for your kind words! I love reading your posts they give me hope! Whilst we have one child already the stigma of secondary infertility haunts me....am grateful for our beautiful child however that path was also heartbreaking at times.....those that haven't given up despite such hardships keep me going but at the moment we are just stepping back and re grouping......i do love coming on here and reading everyone's experiences the good great and not so good....it gives me such comfort knowing i am not alone in my thoughts.....

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 1MoreTry For This Useful Post:

gorgeousgeorge  (16-02-2017),Phia  (16-02-2017),Rhino  (16-02-2017),Yasna  (15-02-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yasna wonderful news Bella!!! Congrats!!!

Rhino glad to hear all is well!!!

And welcome to the new members.

We spoke with Dr Nikos again a couple of weeks ago. All lined up again for mid year. I'll be in Europe for work then holiday for 5 weeks pre transfer this time then another two weeks post. I'll be interested to see how I go with doing it later in the trip rather than earlier like last year.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Juventina For This Useful Post:

gorgeousgeorge  (16-02-2017),Phia  (16-02-2017),Rhino  (16-02-2017),Yasna  (16-02-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @kefbub welcome to the thread! I'm also an Embroyland success story - love Dr Nikos as well . He's very open to questions and skype calls every week if that's what you need!
    @Yasna - I had no doubt your BT would be positive!

@1MoreTry I'm so sorry you have not had success this time! I pray you have peace with whatever you decide in moving forward!

@Juventina - wow - what a wonderful trip planned! I pray you have success this round

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rhino For This Useful Post:

1MoreTry  (16-02-2017),Juventina  (17-02-2017),Phia  (16-02-2017),Yasna  (16-02-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Yasna fantastic first beta no doubting that your definitely preggers @1MoreTry hoping you can go back and give it another go, have you looked into immune or blood clotting factors? I'm only asking as my girlfriend has had 3 children conceived naturally and has now done 6 de/d embryo cycles and has one baby from them, she has immune issues and mthfr that she didn't know about until starting down the de route. I also have naturally conceived children and my first de cycle was a bust but I'm pretty sure that was mainly due to a bad clinic

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stacey10 For This Useful Post:

1MoreTry  (16-02-2017),Yasna  (16-02-2017)