ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 100 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    @gorgeousgeorge Oh I’m so sorry that this cycle didn’t work foryou!! I was very teary reading your post on the 13th. Sorry I’ve not been on bubhub since then. I’m praying all things work for your on your next cycle and that you have frosties to spare!! And yes your posts are very helpful and supportive and much appreciated by so many! And good luck with early release super!
    @lilshansy welcome to the thread and I hope you have a successful go in Greece!!
    @Peninsula Girl – welcome and good luck making your decision on which clinic to go with!!
    @bindyboop – welcome. I’d contact Dr N right away – get everything sorted there’s no cost until you’re over there. And Dr N will give you a script (or tell you what your GP can write up) for what he wants you to take.

@Mod-RaryGirl I only found out about the clinic I finally chose because I found the Greece thread. And it was the best decision for us. I had been on CT thread but didn’t feel right on that one. If I don’t know the name of a clinic (in this case embryoland) how would I find that thread? And since you posted this – other clinics have been mentioned so ??? One would assume that any Greek clinic could be discussed on the Greek thread and that those talking about other clinics in other countries would find those threads. I hope we can still keep this thread together!

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rhino For This Useful Post:

bindyboop  (19-10-2016),gorgeousgeorge  (19-10-2016),Juventina  (20-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    AFM - having quite a roller coaster! My BT have been fantastic (if not a bit scary hcg 13k then 30k then 108K!!). But I had ?gastro/food poisoning and was soooo sick for 3 days. And now I feel much better today but started bright red bleeding . FS nurse said it could be anything and not to worry. They won't allow me to have a scan earlier (it's due next Tue) as that could lead to upset if done too early.... sniff.... so now freak out and wait another week! I have had a bit of a twinge in my belly today as well. DH said he thinks its one of the babies being kicked out! (he tried to make me laugh/distress knowing triplets scare me but I can handle twins... and with hcg that high its likely multiples)... but all I want to do is cry.

I've tried so hard to watch what I eat - and yet this?! IT was a friends lunch (all bring a plate - but then everything's left on the counter for 1hr or so while people chat and then who knows how safe things are. I'm not eating at anyones home again until these bubs are born!

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rhino For This Useful Post:

AngelD  (19-10-2016),francesthecat  (19-10-2016),gorgeousgeorge  (19-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Rhino welcome back! Sounds like you have been on a roller coaster. Can't help on the hcg levels - I only had the initial bt, so no idea how quickly it climbed. So you're 6w1d today? Fingers, toes and everything inbetween crossed for Tuesday xx

6. The Following User Says Thank You to AngelD For This Useful Post:

Rhino  (19-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @AngelD thanks. Yup 6weeks 1 day . Popped onto this thread but the over 40's is getting too far ahead for me to catch up!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Rhino For This Useful Post:

AngelD  (19-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks so much ladies! I didn't make it to my doc appointment today so hopefully tomorrow! To be honest I was hoping I could avoid going back to my fs... He wasn't entirely supportive of my idea of going to o/s DE and was really pushy about finding a known egg donor like it was so easy both to find and mentally... Just wondering if I am best to just make contact through the Embryoland website? @Rhino congratulations! I am sorry to hear that you are having some bleeding, I know it must be scary but it is super common! All the best for Tuesday, I bet it can't come soon enough! @Yasna I hope you and bubba are feeling better soon! @Gorgeous George, I admire your strength and determination and I hope you can get back to Greece soon! @AngelID thank you! Gosh I just spent a small fortune on the Cystic Fibrosis bt this year for myself :-( @lilshansy, all the best and I am looking forward to following your story :-)
    I am so sorry if I have missed anyone! I am still learning my way around and am trying to keep up but don't get a lot of time to log onto the computer and find it hard to follow and reply on my phone :-)

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bindyboop For This Useful Post:

AngelD  (19-10-2016),Rhino  (26-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Rhino mate, that sounds really stressful, im glad you're not feeling too sick today though. It must also be really hard to wait till next week for your scan. If it's not one thing, its another, hey? Im hoping everything is fine xox

12. The Following User Says Thank You to gorgeousgeorge For This Useful Post:

Rhino  (26-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bindyboop its fine to contact whichever overseas clinics you want directly. All you will probably need is bcp and progynova, which a gp should be able to do it. My fs was fine with me going and said he just wanted me to have a baby and i ring the nurses still whenever i need to. Not fair how they can treat people differently hey? Its nice and helpful to have an Australian fs but not totally necessary all the time :-)

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gorgeousgeorge For This Useful Post:

ange1111xxx  (24-10-2016),bindyboop  (19-10-2016),Rhino  (26-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhino View Post
    AFM - having quite a roller coaster! My BT have been fantastic (if not a bit scary hcg 13k then 30k then 108K!!). But I had ?gastro/food poisoning and was soooo sick for 3 days. And now I feel much better today but started bright red bleeding . FS nurse said it could be anything and not to worry. They won't allow me to have a scan earlier (it's due next Tue) as that could lead to upset if done too early.... sniff.... so now freak out and wait another week! I have had a bit of a twinge in my belly today as well. DH said he thinks its one of the babies being kicked out! (he tried to make me laugh/distress knowing triplets scare me but I can handle twins... and with hcg that high its likely multiples)... but all I want to do is cry.

I've tried so hard to watch what I eat - and yet this?! IT was a friends lunch (all bring a plate - but then everything's left on the counter for 1hr or so while people chat and then who knows how safe things are. I'm not eating at anyones home again until these bubs are born!
    Oh dear you poor darling !! Nothing worse than food poisoning especially if its both ends !! Plus bleeding ! I was scared also when I was first pregnant, I went to hospital emergency at around 6 weeks and they scanned me and saw a heartbeat and said everything was fine? My cousin said toilet looked like a shark attack scene when she was pregnant with her twins, she bled a lot. So keep an eye on it, monitor yourself and don't be afraid to go to hospital, you will be looked after. The HCG is rising, thats really important. I wouldn't mind twins, bring it on !!! I could be an Octomum, after all how many kittens does a cat have?

Anyway I'm nervous, next month after my period I'm going to see my GP and ask for a referral for a day 13 scan for my lining. Just to see how it is, since I had a cesarean section and I wonder if the scarring would cause any problems? Dr Kanakas told me to get one before I travel next year, but I'm curious now. Good to see your lining was 10mm @francesthecat, since that's what worries me the most.

Hope you're keeping your spirits up @gorgeousgeorge, from what I've read you are a very passionate and determined woman. Keep it up !! x

Big welcome to the new girls taking the plunge to Greece, enjoy your time in such a beautiful and ancient city. I can't wait to go back and eat, eat, eat !!!

Good to see the modz doing their job.

Last edited by BH-bubhub; 20-10-2016 at 09:57.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Yasna For This Useful Post:

AngelD  (19-10-2016),Rhino  (26-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by gorgeousgeorge View Post
    @Yasna naaaw, i hope you and bubba get better soon xox thanks so much for your kind pm while i was down in the dumps
    @francesthecat yep, my fs tried to give me the eggbank option too but im so glad i found the oseas option on bubhub. Frozen eggs dont thaw well. My hope is that like you, oseas donor ivf will get me a baby and then some siblings. How many frosties do you have if its ok to ask?

Afm, im working on my early release of super app atm. Im hoping to go back to athens asap. 7 years ttc and im sooooo sick of waiting and having so many set backs along the way at each stage of this crazy journey. Im starting to snap out of my funk n move away from sad, coz then i get angry and turn the anger into determination grrrrr.... :-)

Hi GG No worries I'm happy to tell..

Our second attempt gave us 6 eggs. At first I was like WTF I can get 10 eggs on my own cycles. They told me to keep calm they were very good eggs proven donor etc.... All 6 growing strong at day 4...
    This is where I knew we had our numbers drop, due to the sperm issues. 2 dropped off over night. So for our day 5 transfer we had 4 good quality blasts
    We transferred 2 and froze the remaining 2

I'm concerned if they fail the thawing What happens now ?? I've not ever had any luck with my own FET cycles.

I also went to another clinic in NSW, they told me to avoid the egg bank due to the frozen eggs combined with poor sperm.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to francesthecat For This Useful Post:

Rhino  (26-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies I'm glad everything has settled down on here, please let it be known I am not a bully....

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SharonG For This Useful Post:

gorgeousgeorge  (20-10-2016),Juventina  (20-10-2016)