ADVERTISEMENT

Closed Thread
Page 23 of 100 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck tomorrow @Power child!

And hope everyone else is going well

I just had my first phone consult with Dr M for immune issues, I'm keen to get his advice along with Dr NL's in the lead up to our Greece trip in April. Dr M told me to look into the labs at the Greek clinics and to also find out how they try to improve the quality of the donor's eggs.

Has anyone else also had this advice? We're planning to go with Genesis so I'm going to email to try to get more info from them (only info has been from Dr NL's nurses so far), but also keen to hear about Embryoland's lab and what they do re quality?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi and thank you @Phia. And @Peninsula Girl

Phia i don't know what PGD is so....no? Ha. What does it stand for?

I had a difficult transfer today but they're both in there now snuggling in. Can relax until test day now.
    The weather is just like our Autumn really.
    Have discovered they leave bags of food hanging from trees near the big bins so I left food. no more crying in public. Sheesh

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @powerchild Congratulations you're PUPO! Albeit a difficult transfer - was it uncomfortable? Or difficult to for them to view your uterus?

PGD is when they test embryos either at day 3 or 5 to check for chromosomal abnormalities. They extract some cells to do that.

HA is sperm selection- they select best sperm under a microscope.

That's just terrible about the poverty! Glad u left a bag. .

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Phia For This Useful Post:

Power child  (07-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello lovely ladies…firstly thank you all for your kind words, they have been appreciated & secondly sorry I haven’t been around since my last post in late September, but life has been hectic.

So I was admitted to Mater Mothers on 26thSeptember and that was just the beginning of our journey, I had developed preeclampsia . I didn’t realise the seriousness of the situation at 25+3 wks, apparently you don’t usually develop this condition until the third trimester…lucky me, just an over achiever . So on Tuesday evening Charlotte came to see us and pretty much shocked us back to reality…we wouldn’t be leaving the hospital until our baby was born and at that stage it was just about keeping us pregnant for as long as possible. It was either going to come down to my health or that of the baby that would force her to deliver

The next 2.5wks were very long and was a constant round of blood test (Charlotte gave up on urine tests when the last time she tested the protein was over 3000…oops ) and the 'will this be the day or will we get another day'. My blood pressure fluctuated between high and ridiculously high and my creatin (kidney function) ranged from ‘I’m going to have to deliver as your kidneys are failing’ to ‘OK keep drinking that zillion gallons of water, you’ve bought yourself another day’. I had a couple of close calls, where Charlotte (poor thing, at 3am) advised the nursing staff to get me to start fasting, the first time was a week to the day that I'd been admitted, on Monday 3rdOctober & then the second time was the follow Monday 10th. On the up side, during all of this time I didn’t actually feel unwell. I looked ‘ugly’ as my face had swollen and the nursing staff were constantly asking if I had headaches or blurred vision and were amazed that I didn’t. I think Charlotte found it amusing when we asked if we could maybe go out for a meal nearby or maybe even the movies (we figured it was close and we’d be sitting down), she did laugh quite a bit and then followed it up with a resounding…'NO. I know you don’t feel it, but you are probably the sickest patient we have on this floor at the moment’. Hmm I guess that’s a no then . ‘Yes that is a NO, you can probably go downstairs in a wheel chair, just after you’ve had your obs done and for only 30mins max’…Hmm I guess I’m not really allowed out

The final straw was my kidneys failing, when the water volume I was consuming didn’t seem to be making any difference so on after my blood tests on Monday 10th Charlotte came that evening to advise that she was booking us in for Wednesday to deliver our baby. We came close again on the Tuesday night when the nursing staff had to call a code as my blood pressure had reached an all-time high of 200/112…thankfully they had called Charlotte first and she had instructed the emergency Dr to call her first, so that he didn’t whisk me off for an emergency c-section. It wasn’t until after delivery that Charlotte actually confessed that she didn’t expect me to get through the first 24hrs, let alone another 2.5wks, we made it to 27+5

On Wednesday 12th October @ 4:23pm wewelcomed our darling baby boy into the world, weighing only 950gms but fighting fit.

So at 8wks today he’s come a long way…he is currentlyweighing 2250gms (due to be weighed today). He was on CPAP until 24thNov, then on high flow until 2nd Dec….we were extremely excited as the great steps he was making gave us hope that he’d be home Christmas. Especially when on Monday morning he was then moved to the Special Care nursery….which is the last step to ‘GOING HOME’ and he just had to master feeding. Unfortunately that evening he had a step back and was move back onto high flow and also back to the High Dependency nursery. Not the worst thing in the world, but it was a blow after coming so far.

On top of all of that on 6th November my mother had a stroke…I know right!! She had been showing signs of dementia and the bleed she’s had is in the frontal lobe so although it hasn’t affected her physically had has emphasised the confusion and dementia symptoms she was experiencing. Unfortunately the Dr’s have advised that she will not be able to return home and we are currently seeking a Care Facility for her (that is a whole other journey).

Forest Gump was right…’life is like a box of chocolates’. We’ve had some soft sticky ones and some really nutty ones lately

So that’s what I’ve been up to …what about you

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Gen72 For This Useful Post:

Yasna  (15-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Gen72 hi its so lovely to hear from you. I have to confess, i asked MamaKes how you were going because i couldnt stop thinking about you and bub (i had very morbid imagination stuff, so honestly, i was thinking the worst. Mamakes said you were borh ok but wasnt her place to tell your story, so im glad to have the details filled in. I am so glad you are both alive! Im also really relieved to hear bubba doesnt have any long term issues too xox im sorry about your mum too. Why do parents have to fall apart at inconvenient times? Bloody life, give us a break!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to gorgeousgeorge For This Useful Post:

Gen72  (16-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Gen72 holy sh*t that's some ride you and Bub have been on so happy to read that you've both made it through and fingers crossed for the continuing improvement of Bub, what a strong little fighter ������, sorry about your mum as well, hopefully you find a good placement for her quickly and it's a smooth transition

10. The Following User Says Thank You to stacey10 For This Useful Post:

Gen72  (16-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just popping in to say that my beautiful daughter Lily was delivered safe and sound yesterday . Most magnificent baby ever!

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to AnnaMM For This Useful Post:

jaydee32  (13-12-2016),julz1974  (17-01-2017),Juventina  (08-12-2016),Phia  (07-12-2016),Power child  (07-12-2016),Yasna  (15-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow! @Positano1 @AnnaMM and @Gen72 oooh, so many new babies and mummys, this is just lovely to hear about. Finally- success (and babies!)!!! Hurray! Much love to you all xox

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gorgeousgeorge For This Useful Post:

AnnaMM  (14-12-2016),Juventina  (08-12-2016),Phia  (07-12-2016),Power child  (07-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Gen72 wow such a trooper. Sorry about your mum. What timing

Phia I am indeed PUPO. And to play the game, My stomach has shot out. I am actually just boated.

The transfer was difficult as I have a fibroid in the way. The dr has to steer around it to place the embies In a good part in the endo lining. I had to get off the table and let out 50% of the bladder also at one stage as it was taking so long.
    But successful In the end.
    Congrats @AnnaMM

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Power child For This Useful Post:

AnnaMM  (14-12-2016),Gen72  (16-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnaMM View Post
    Just popping in to say that my beautiful daughter Lily was delivered safe and sound yesterday . Most magnificent baby ever!
    Aw, that's fantastic! Enjoy these moments! Congratulations on a safe arrival ❤️️❤️