Closed Thread
Page 22 of 100 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gorgeousgeorge View Post
    @Charlie74 hey mate, i misread your post about split cycle, i thought you meant shared sperm not eggs. So im not sure but i dont see why not. Dr N is very easy going so im sure he'd listen properly and openly if you asked him about it :-)
    No probs hon! Have sent u a PM!

Hi @Tinachris! Miss all u lovely ladies too

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Charlie74 For This Useful Post:

Summer  (05-12-2016),Tinachris  (05-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie74 View Post
    Hi girls, regarding doing DE with Dr N.

I know that he picks the donor for you & I'm pretty cool with that.. bcos even a genetic child you don't get photos of before they are born so you can choose another one!

.but I've been wondering where do the donors come from? Are they only Greek donors or do they also come from other countries? And what kind of info do you get told about your donor? Anything at all?

I'm of Celtic heritage.. Scottish/Irish.. Very fair skin with freckles, blue eyes, light brown hair.. Silly question but did anyone else doing DE worry that the donor wouldn't match your own colouring? I don't expect a donor to actually look like me, but general colouring feels important at least??

Also has anyone done a tandem cycle with Dr N? Where you use half ur own eggs & half donor? Can u even do that?

Appreciate any info
    Apparently there are Greek donors and Polish donors, not sure what other nationalities, I'm sure theres a few ! My friend has blonde hair and blue eyes and he matched the egg perfectly. Her son has the bluest eyes and blondest hair. My son has Greek donor and he looks like me my mother says, plus Dr Nikos said I look Greek so I shouldn't worry !!

As for tandem cycle, I've never done it since I wouldn't bother with my aged eggs. After all, I really just want to pick up my last 2 embryos and make a sibling for my son. I'd have to get my eggs tested if I did a cycle with my own eggs, then its way too costly...I can't afford all this on my own.

I went to Dr today and got my scripts for Progynova and Clexane. Also getting full blood test done to see how things are going, iron levels etc. OMG its so close until I try again !!!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Yasna For This Useful Post:

Charlie74  (05-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @Charlie74 I'm of Scots/celtic descent as well. Dr N found us a donor that matched my fair skin and eye colour . We won't know how it worked out for a couple of months yet . Bear in mind, if you were going for a donor here in Australia you wouldn't necessarily find a matching donor.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AngelD For This Useful Post:

Charlie74  (05-12-2016),missybear  (02-07-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Egg Donation in Greece #5

Last edited by AngelD; 05-12-2016 at 21:24.

Thanks
    Reviews

Last edited by AngelD; 05-12-2016 at 21:23.

Thanks
    Reviews

Last edited by AngelD; 05-12-2016 at 21:23. Reason: Multiple post

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Ladies, I am so super excited from all of your positive stories. Just super fabulous vibes on this thread! Dr N Skyped last night - he's very proactive and positive. I am super impressed by his level of contact.

DH had started his blood tests, so feeling like a step in the right direction.

I just re-read my message and there are three "supers" in it.... time to sign off and say, thank you, please keep sharing!

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Phia For This Useful Post:

AngelD  (05-12-2016),Yasna  (15-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Quote Originally Posted by AngelD View Post
    Hi @Charlie74 I'm of Scots/celtic descent as well. Dr N found us a donor that matched my fair skin and eye colour . We won't know how it worked out for a couple of months yet . Bear in mind, if you were going for a donor here in Australia you wouldn't necessarily find a matching donor.
    Thanks hon.. That good to know.. I guess if as someone mentioned in the previous post they're also using polish donors then the fair blue eyed thing is easily sorted!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Charlie74 For This Useful Post:

AngelD  (06-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone.
    I'm in Thessaloniki and tomorrow is the transfer. I forgot how progynova makes me cry. Haha. I can't handle the sights of people looking through bins to find food. God so sad. I am openly crying in the streets and forgot my sunnies
    Aw well they don't know me and I always bring extra for the beggars (and the animals) We're so lucky.

Anyway. I will keep you updated and hopefully get you excited for your upcoming trips.

Lots of baby dust and hugs to you all xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Power child View Post
    Hi everyone.
    I'm in Thessaloniki and tomorrow is the transfer. I forgot how progynova makes me cry. Haha. I can't handle the sights of people looking through bins to find food. God so sad. I am openly crying in the streets and forgot my sunnies
    Aw well they don't know me and I always bring extra for the beggars (and the animals) We're so lucky.

Anyway. I will keep you updated and hopefully get you excited for your upcoming trips.

Lots of baby dust and hugs to you all xo
    Wow, FX for transfer! How are you finding it over there? It's freezing yeah? My folks just flew out from Thessaloniki to head back to see us in Oz.

I've never really noticed the beggars or homeless there. We have a huuuuge problem
    In Melb. Good on you for giving - just avoid the Gypsies. Horrible economic situation - taxes and levies go up, pensions are going down....

So, the big day is tomorrow! Very exciting! Are you happy with your journey so far?

Is PGD part of your journey (sorry if Ive asked this before).

Bestest wishes for your transfer