ADVERTISEMENT

Closed Thread
Page 21 of 100 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow Anna that has gone so fast, have you been well?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to SharonG For This Useful Post:

AnnaMM  (03-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Caramelslice

Hi ladies I just wanted to drop a line to add to the positive news as of late and also to thank Dr Nikos and his team at Embryoland. I am 45 and over 12 weeks pregnant. The first try was a BFN about a year prior to that but Dr Nikos asked us to have faith and keep going. I have no immunity issues, just non viable eggs. We were second time lucky and over the moon. The personalised care and dedication and commitment that we received from Dr Nikos has been really heart warming and rare. The world definitely needs more healthcare professionals like him.
    All the best and do not give up on your dreams! xxoo

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Caramelslice For This Useful Post:

Charlie74  (04-12-2016),julz1974  (17-01-2017),Phia  (03-12-2016),Yasna  (05-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SharonG View Post
    Wow Anna that has gone so fast, have you been well?
    I had a near fatal influenza experience but otherwise well enough

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations on your positive pregnancy @Caramelslice !!
    @AnnaMM wow has time flown !!! Good luck on your c-section, Im sure everyting will go fine, its much safer yes and I was ok after a few weeks. Near fatal influenza !!! WHAT !! I've never heard of this, I hope bubby and you are ok?

I'm really excited about going over to Dr Nikos in the new year and hopefully will add to the positive stories on here lately !!!

Baby dust all round

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had the Spanish flu and double pneumonia and it was touch and go a few times but I pulled through. Now I have a cold whilst waiting for my Caesar tomorrow.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Egg Donation in Greece #5

Hi girls, regarding doing DE with Dr N.

I know that he picks the donor for you & I'm pretty cool with that.. bcos even a genetic child you don't get photos of before they are born so you can choose another one!

.but I've been wondering where do the donors come from? Are they only Greek donors or do they also come from other countries? And what kind of info do you get told about your donor? Anything at all?

I'm of Celtic heritage.. Scottish/Irish.. Very fair skin with freckles, blue eyes, light brown hair.. Silly question but did anyone else doing DE worry that the donor wouldn't match your own colouring? I don't expect a donor to actually look like me, but general colouring feels important at least??

Also has anyone done a tandem cycle with Dr N? Where you use half ur own eggs & half donor? Can u even do that?

Appreciate any info
    Last edited by Charlie74; 05-12-2016 at 09:27.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Phia,
    We were extremely lucky and fell pregnant on our first cycle. I had not bothered with IVF here in Australia as my percentages due to age were against us and I did'nt have the time or money to spare. After over ten miscarriages (due to old eggs they say) we took the plunge and off we went to Greece. Feeling very blessed and hope you are too!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie74 View Post
    Hi girls, regarding doing DE with Dr N.

I know that he picks the donor for you & I'm pretty cool with that.. bcos even a genetic child you don't get photos of before they are born so you can choose another one!

.but I've been wondering where do the donors come from? Are they only Greek donors or do they also come from other countries? And what kind of info do you get told about your donor? Anything at all?

I'm of Celtic heritage.. Scottish/Irish.. Very fair skin with freckles, blue eyes, light brown hair.. Silly question but did anyone else doing DE worry that the donor wouldn't match your own colouring? I don't expect a donor to actually look like me, but general colouring feels important at least??

Also has anyone done a tandem cycle with Dr N? Where you use half ur own eggs & half donor? Can u even do that?

Appreciate any info
    @Charlie74 hey lovely, just popping in quickly coz im at work, yes you can do split cycle, thats what im doing next cycle. And yes, they have donors to match you. Greece is multicultural so all kinds of donors available. They legally have to match colouring. I'll pop back in this arvo or pm me :-) iz good to see/hear from you again. Ive been thinking of you xox

11. The Following User Says Thank You to gorgeousgeorge For This Useful Post:

Charlie74  (05-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I miss the both of you @Charlie74 @gorgeousgeorge

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tinachris For This Useful Post:

Charlie74  (05-12-2016),Summer  (05-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Charlie74 hey mate, i misread your post about split cycle, i thought you meant shared sperm not eggs. So im not sure but i dont see why not. Dr N is very easy going so im sure he'd listen properly and openly if you asked him about it :-)

15. The Following User Says Thank You to gorgeousgeorge For This Useful Post:

Charlie74  (05-12-2016)