Closed Thread
Page 16 of 100 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thanks ladies for all the info re cost - it's such a difficult choice! But very exciting

Yes, I'm still waiting on a reply from Dr Nick, so might resend.
    @gorgeousgeorge good to know PGS is done so quickly! It takes 3 weeks at Monash in Melbs!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Phia For This Useful Post:

Rhino  (19-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    HI everyone
    @francesthecat praying your two blasts stick and grow!!
    @AngelD thank you – I ended up contacted the fertility clinic and letting them know how concerned I was. One of the lovely nurses is giving me a lot of help and said she’d ask their doctor any questions I have and she’d get back to me. So at least I don’t feel so alone now! I have finally (yesterday) received a letter from the hospital I was referred to – they’ve issued me a date for first appointment 28th Nov! So still have to wait a while... I’m glad I have lots of symptoms so I know i”m still pregnant – at least I won’t stress about that
    @Peninsula Girl your plans sound amazing! And getting all the meds in Greece is a lot cheaper!!

@powerchild good luck in a couple of weeks!! I haven’t had puffiness when flying but a friend of mine always does (even to Bali). Her GP gave her fluid pills to take but not sure if that’d be safe when you’re heading home pregnant!
    @Monty73 welcome back!! I’m so sorry you didn’t have a positive result this time! So glad you have found the cause so next time BFP!
    @Yasna you will be lucky again! Can’t wait to hear when you’re plans are set and you’re heading back to Greece!
    @Phia I heard back from Dr Nick extremely quickly and then he set up skype call within a few days – so yes do follow up as maybe your email didn’t reach him?

My costs at embryo land were exactly what Dr N had told me before we left – we paid $3000 euro in cash on our first visit. Then we paid amounts at the chemist for donor meds and to embryoland post transfer to a total of $4000 euro. (total $7000 euro). We then chose to purchase enough utrogestan pesseries and cyclacur (progynova) to last until week 12 as it’s a lot cheaper there (from the chemist). We didn't have any to freeze and didn't have any other tests done.

Have a great weekend everyone

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Rhino For This Useful Post:

AngelD  (19-11-2016),francesthecat  (22-11-2016),Monty73  (19-11-2016),Peninsula Girl  (20-11-2016),Power child  (24-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Egg Donation in Greece #5

Quote Originally Posted by Rhino View Post
    HI everyone
    @AngelD thank you – I ended up contacted the fertility clinic and letting them know how concerned I was. One of the lovely nurses is giving me a lot of help and said she’d ask their doctor any questions I have and she’d get back to me. So at least I don’t feel so alone now! I have finally (yesterday) received a letter from the hospital I was referred to – they’ve issued me a date for first appointment 28th Nov! So still have to wait a while... I’m glad I have lots of symptoms so I know i”m still pregnant – at least I won’t stress about that
    @Peninsula Girl your plans sound amazing! And getting all the meds in Greece is a lot cheaper!!

@powerchild good luck in a couple of weeks!! I haven’t had puffiness when flying but a friend of mine always does (even to Bali). Her GP gave her fluid pills to take but not sure if that’d be safe when you’re heading home pregnant!
    @Monty73 welcome back!! I’m so sorry you didn’t have a positive result this time! So glad you have found the cause so next time BFP!
    @Yasna you will be lucky again! Can’t wait to hear when you’re plans are set and you’re heading back to Greece!
    @Phia I heard back from Dr Nick extremely quickly and then he set up skype call within a few days – so yes do follow up as maybe your email didn’t reach him?

My costs at embryo land were exactly what Dr N had told me before we left – we paid $3000 euro in cash on our first visit. Then we paid amounts at the chemist for donor meds and to embryoland post transfer to a total of $4000 euro. (total $7000 euro). We then chose to purchase enough utrogestan pesseries and cyclacur (progynova) to last until week 12 as it’s a lot cheaper there (from the chemist). We didn't have any to freeze and didn't have any other tests done.

Thanks for that Rhino! Glad you got some certainty for care during your pregnancy. Yay!

I was on such a low on Monday, a really really low day.

Ladies, on this thread and others, are so kind, caring and helpful. I am so thankful and especially grateful for the support.

It makes a world of difference for what is a very lonely journey for me in real life.

((((((Big hugs)))))))

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Phia For This Useful Post:

Rhino  (19-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies, this is the best forum I have come across. You are all a wealth of knowledge.
    We are going to Greece to see Dr Nikos in February. I'm just wondering, those that have been, where did you stay? I'm just trying to figure out what else is on offer other than th president hotel.
    Also if I get a bfn and stay to do another transfer is the cost the same? Or is it cheaper?
    Last edited by Mrsl73; 21-11-2016 at 21:41.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrsl73 View Post
    Hi Ladies, this is the best forum I have come across. You are all a wealth of knowledge.
    We are going to Greece to see Dr Nikos in February. I'm just wondering, those that have been, where did you stay? I'm just trying to figure out what else is on offer other than th president hotel.
    Also if I get a bfn and stay to do another transfer is the cost the same? Or is it cheaper?
    Hi :-) and welcome, i stayed atcthe president but wouldn't recommend it in my opinion. It was close and easy to get to clinic but i didnt like the restaurant and the wifi was non existent or 25aud per day for in your room wifi. So im glad i only stayed there 2 nights. If you're happy to use the metro to get around, id dtay in the plaka area. I stayed at Adams hotel in the plaka and it was lovely. Really central, sightseeing, had a simple but good breakfast, wifi, balcony area. Not overly flash at all but just nice and great area to walk around. :-) Its cheaper to do a frozen transfer from a previous cycle because ypu only pay for the transfer procedure but i dont know the actual cost. Hopefully someone else will pop in and let us know. Best of luck with everything and feel free to ask me anything else :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrsl73 View Post
    Hello I would also recommend staying in Plaka. I stayed there in an airbnb apartment. There are also plenty of hotels in the area. You have everything on your doorstep there. To get to the the clinic you can get the metro from syntagma square (plaka) to Ambelokipi, 3 stops away. Then it's about 8 -10min walk to the clinic.

When I return I plan to stay in Plaka again. I'm not sure about the costs of a second transfer. Best of luck with your cycle.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Monty73 For This Useful Post:

gorgeousgeorge  (22-11-2016),kefbub  (16-02-2017),Phia  (22-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhino View Post
    HI everyone

Thanks Rhino for thinking of me

We are all home now from our amazing trip..
    I have a positive result from my transfer.. Which was totally painless and super easy.
    I have had several pregnancy loses before, so taking this one step and a day at a time.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to francesthecat For This Useful Post:

AngelD  (22-11-2016),Yasna  (22-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Egg Donation in Greece #5

Hang on - are you BFP? @francesthecat

Thanks
    Reviews
    @francesthecat congratulations! @Mrsl73 I can also recommend the plaka, we stayed at the best western Amazon which possibly has the best beds in Greece and have also stayed at the plaka hotel which has a lovely small roof top bar which is ideal to watch the sunset go down over the Acropolis
    Last edited by stacey10; 22-11-2016 at 13:49.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to stacey10 For This Useful Post:

Phia  (22-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,
    I hope you are all well! I was hoping to spend more time on this forum but work is consuming my life aaaargh!! I took on a new role which is very stressful but the money is very much needed to fund my fertility costs! @jaydee32 congratulations on the arrival of Amelia, love the name! @francesthecat congratulations! @Mrsl73 I am also interested to find out how much it costs for the second transfer just in case.. @Rhino I hope all is going well, glad to hear you have found good support with the fertility clinic
    @Powerchild I admire your strength, fingers crossed for a very sober Christmas for you :-) @Monty73 sorry to hear that your last DE cycle ended badly. Hopefully with the new tests and when you get your full results this will help for a successful cycle
    I am so terribly sorry if I have missed anyone, I am finding it hard to keep up!
    I am sure I saw someone say they were heading over to Greece in April, but can't recall who? I am also heading over in April!
    I had my second skype call with Dr Nikos on the weekend but unfortunately the connection wasn't so great.. We discussed me going on the pill and he felt it wasn't necessary as I do get a period every month between 27-33 days. After we spoke I had a think about it and am a bit worried as at this stage my period could be towards the end of April and I have taken the month of April off.. I work in accounts and with my new role it's not really flexible with end of month and all that stuff.. I also don't want to have to tell work the specifics other than I am just going on an overseas trip... He also mentioned they were closed for a week in April.. Just wondering if anyone else has not gone on the pill to sync their cycle with the donor?

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bindyboop For This Useful Post:

julz1974  (01-02-2017),Monty73  (22-11-2016)