Closed Thread
Page 14 of 100 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    @Rhino, I hope you find a more sympathetic, and dare I say professional, GP! You should be in the throes of preparing for a harmony test / Nuchal test, not worrying about who's looking after you! You're not fat nor useless - you're pregnant and deserving of a lot more care given the hard road you've had travel to get where you are!!! Given that you're a more mature mum-to-be, your doctor should be keeping a closer eye on you not dismissing you!
    Take care of yourself, and please keep us posted - don't like the sound of that low blood pressure!! Congrats on reaching the 10 week mark xx

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AngelD For This Useful Post:

Phia  (15-11-2016),Rhino  (19-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by francesthecat View Post
    Oh Rhino, a new GP is in order, how annoying worrying for you. My GP won't do shared care for me.
    But they were helpful and gave me scan referrals when they were needed. Plus my FS was supportive too.

My transfer went fine, two thawed blasts plus we were in and out of the clinic in a
    3 hours ������
    painless transfer and told to lie back and watch TV for half an hour, not shoved out the door either.

Now 7 days past transfer, of course lots of symptom spotting one day at a time.

Congrats to Lilshany on your positive results

I'll be back later to go through my what clinic has said about staying for another cycle. Baby needs me.

lots of baby dust
    I'm excited for you !!! You are PUPO !!

Cant wait to hear the numbers for your positive blood test !! TWINS HEY ???

Good luck and enjoy this exciting time !!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Yasna For This Useful Post:

Phia  (15-11-2016),Rhino  (15-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhino View Post
    Hi everyone
    @lilshansy that’s fantastic! I’m praying your little ones snuggle in grow grow grow!!
    @francesthecat – good luck with the transfer!!
    @Pushy1979 welcome to the thread – I’m a few days behind as not online a lot these days... I was with Dr Kanakas and was not under anaesthetic for transfer. I don’t know about other clinics but not only was Dr K in the room but there was a female nurse (?), the embryologist (also female) and someone else – (very crowded and a bit weird but honestly I’m a very private person and as we’ve wanted this so long it didn’t worry me more than a minute or two then we focused on the process and prayed for success!)
    @jaydee32 oh wow you have been through a lot!! So wonderful that you are enjoying your little girl!

AFM - Now week 10! Still in a black hole with trying to get contact from the women's hospital OB that my GP (who doesn't want to care for me at this time referred me to)... It's soooo frustrating! I just want someone I can call when freaking out or to get info from! I ended up going to my GP again anyway as I've just not been well - I violently cough at night and am not getting much sleep - and then got a lot of dizzy spells etc - turns out I have extremely low BP! I also asked for another BT - he said I didn't need it (had nothing since week 8) and a 12 week scan in case the hospital still hasn't gotten a hold of me. Again he said I'd just had one in week 7 so why would I need another! Sniff! Anyway still bugging the hospital so someone is bound to contact me soon (I hope!)... I am feeling fat, useless and sad - not really how I pictured this amazing time of being pregnant and expecting our first little one! I"m sure I'll be fine as soon as I start getting some solid sleep again! I'm still very grateful that I'm pregnant though!!
    I'm not happy that you're emotional but im so happy that you're pregnant !! You will have that moment of bliss in your 2nd trimester, that's when you apparently feel the best !!

Finding a good DR is hard, here's hoping you find the right care, having low BP can be worse than high blood pressure ! Be careful ...look after yourself...

Keep us updated.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Yasna For This Useful Post:

Phia  (15-11-2016),Rhino  (15-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Lucky8, I've found out a bit more from Dr L's rooms about going over for long enough for 2 transfers, thought it might help your investigations too.

They say they do encourage going over for 6-7 weeks to be able to fit in 2 transfers as success rates are obviously much higher and we save on long haul airfares, and Genesis (where I'm planning to go) can do the treatments I'll need (eg. Intralipids) before the second transfer (if I need it).

I'm also assuming that even if I get a bfp I'll need to go back to Genesis as I think intralipids are used again straight after bfp? And I'll need a truck load of meds to last for 7 weeks.

It's all a bit vague, so I think if we do it, we'll need to be happy to go with the flow and not have too many set plans (and be able to get back to Athens at short notice). I really like the idea of it as I have long service leave I can use, and my partner is British so he's keen to spend time over there, but I'm a bit worried about not having my usual supports around (e.g. GP, acupuncturist, home comforts etc), but in saying that none of these things have given me a full term pregnancy in the past so it might be time for a change!
    @francesthecat, keen to hear your intel when you have a chance. Fingers crossed that you get a positive BT very soon too!!

I might also ask on the SA and Czech forums too as I'm sure there's a couple of people who have stayed long enough for 2 transfers...

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Peninsula Girl For This Useful Post:

Lucky8  (15-11-2016),Rhino  (19-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Peninsula Girl View Post
    @Lucky8, I've found out a bit more from Dr L's rooms about going over for long enough for 2 transfers, thought it might help your investigations too.

They say they do encourage going over for 6-7 weeks to be able to fit in 2 transfers as success rates are obviously much higher and we save on long haul airfares, and Genesis (where I'm planning to go) can do the treatments I'll need (eg. Intralipids) before the second transfer (if I need it).

I'm also assuming that even if I get a bfp I'll need to go back to Genesis as I think intralipids are used again straight after bfp? And I'll need a truck load of meds to last for 7 weeks.

It's all a bit vague, so I think if we do it, we'll need to be happy to go with the flow and not have too many set plans (and be able to get back to Athens at short notice). I really like the idea of it as I have long service leave I can use, and my partner is British so he's keen to spend time over there, but I'm a bit worried about not having my usual supports around (e.g. GP, acupuncturist, home comforts etc), but in saying that none of these things have given me a full term pregnancy in the past so it might be time for a change!
    @francesthecat, keen to hear your intel when you have a chance. Fingers crossed that you get a positive BT very soon too!!

I might also ask on the SA and Czech forums too as I'm sure there's a couple of people who have stayed long enough for 2 transfers...
    Hi @peninsulagirl

. Spending 7 weeks in Greece sounds ideal . Unfortunately no long service leave for me , but a wise move !

It does get a bit vague but it all comes together when over there .

will update you once I get more information from immunologist which I am speaking to early December .

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lucky8 For This Useful Post:

Peninsula Girl  (16-11-2016),Rhino  (19-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Does anyone else get really puffy when flying to Greece or Europe? I seem to inflate on the plane haha. My eyes especially. I'm heading over in a couple of weeks to collect my long overdue child. have been lurking and sending you all good vibes and love xo

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Power child For This Useful Post:

Phia  (17-11-2016),Rhino  (19-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Egg Donation in Greece #5

Hullo ladies, joining this thread as Ive put three emails out there to clinics in Greece and Cyprus. Waiting to hear back from a couple.

I'm booked in for four weeks holiday in May/June.@powerchild woo hoo! How long have you been waiting?

I'm just trying to decide which one's for me.

I'm a long time lurker and this thread has given me the hope I need after 3 failed transfers and 3 pretty crappy EPUs with only 1 PGD embryo from 35 eggs. Not surprising given I'm 40 (41 in Jan).

Wanna sort out some immunity issues with Dr M first. I have a Skype appt on 19 Dec.

Ladies, are you only putting in PGD embryos?

In your opinion, do you think Dr Kanakes is across the immunity stuff and do you know what lining thickness he will aim for?

Thank you

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Phia For This Useful Post:

Rhino  (19-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Phia hi there :-) i know dr. Kanakas does intralipids and i think he likes the same lining measurements as most other fs, so 8mm or above (i think it seems to have changed from wanting +6mm to prefering +8mm now overall).

16. The Following User Says Thank You to gorgeousgeorge For This Useful Post:

Rhino  (19-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @gorgeousgeorge Thanks! That's great to know.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @Phia. This will be my third time to Greece. I'm doing it alone - it's so hard.
    The second time in July ended in miscarriage. Third time lucky. I have every faith in it. Three of my GFs got preg straight away with DE. So I'm next.
    I think you'll get preg straight away too. So exciting for you to be planning it all.
    I'm going in two weeks. Can't believe it. Eeeeek

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Power child For This Useful Post:

Phia  (18-11-2016),Rhino  (19-11-2016),Yasna  (18-11-2016)