Closed Thread
Page 14 of 100 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 991
  1. #131
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    218
    Thanks
    540
    Thanked
    476
    Reviews
    0
    @Lucky8, I've found out a bit more from Dr L's rooms about going over for long enough for 2 transfers, thought it might help your investigations too.

    They say they do encourage going over for 6-7 weeks to be able to fit in 2 transfers as success rates are obviously much higher and we save on long haul airfares, and Genesis (where I'm planning to go) can do the treatments I'll need (eg. Intralipids) before the second transfer (if I need it).

    I'm also assuming that even if I get a bfp I'll need to go back to Genesis as I think intralipids are used again straight after bfp? And I'll need a truck load of meds to last for 7 weeks.

    It's all a bit vague, so I think if we do it, we'll need to be happy to go with the flow and not have too many set plans (and be able to get back to Athens at short notice). I really like the idea of it as I have long service leave I can use, and my partner is British so he's keen to spend time over there, but I'm a bit worried about not having my usual supports around (e.g. GP, acupuncturist, home comforts etc), but in saying that none of these things have given me a full term pregnancy in the past so it might be time for a change!
    @francesthecat, keen to hear your intel when you have a chance. Fingers crossed that you get a positive BT very soon too!!

    I might also ask on the SA and Czech forums too as I'm sure there's a couple of people who have stayed long enough for 2 transfers...

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Peninsula Girl For This Useful Post:

    Lucky8 (15-11-2016),Rhino (19-11-2016)

  3. #132
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    217
    Thanks
    176
    Thanked
    549
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Peninsula Girl View Post
    @Lucky8, I've found out a bit more from Dr L's rooms about going over for long enough for 2 transfers, thought it might help your investigations too.

    They say they do encourage going over for 6-7 weeks to be able to fit in 2 transfers as success rates are obviously much higher and we save on long haul airfares, and Genesis (where I'm planning to go) can do the treatments I'll need (eg. Intralipids) before the second transfer (if I need it).

    I'm also assuming that even if I get a bfp I'll need to go back to Genesis as I think intralipids are used again straight after bfp? And I'll need a truck load of meds to last for 7 weeks.

    It's all a bit vague, so I think if we do it, we'll need to be happy to go with the flow and not have too many set plans (and be able to get back to Athens at short notice). I really like the idea of it as I have long service leave I can use, and my partner is British so he's keen to spend time over there, but I'm a bit worried about not having my usual supports around (e.g. GP, acupuncturist, home comforts etc), but in saying that none of these things have given me a full term pregnancy in the past so it might be time for a change!
    @francesthecat, keen to hear your intel when you have a chance. Fingers crossed that you get a positive BT very soon too!!

    I might also ask on the SA and Czech forums too as I'm sure there's a couple of people who have stayed long enough for 2 transfers...
    Hi @peninsulagirl

    . Spending 7 weeks in Greece sounds ideal . Unfortunately no long service leave for me , but a wise move !

    It does get a bit vague but it all comes together when over there .

    will update you once I get more information from immunologist which I am speaking to early December .

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lucky8 For This Useful Post:

    Peninsula Girl (16-11-2016),Rhino (19-11-2016)

  5. #133
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    107
    Thanks
    182
    Thanked
    210
    Reviews
    0
    Does anyone else get really puffy when flying to Greece or Europe? I seem to inflate on the plane haha. My eyes especially. I'm heading over in a couple of weeks to collect my long overdue child. have been lurking and sending you all good vibes and love xo

  6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Power child For This Useful Post:

    Phia (17-11-2016),Rhino (19-11-2016)

  7. #134
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    2,813
    Thanks
    8,087
    Thanked
    4,240
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

    Default Egg Donation in Greece #5

    Hullo ladies, joining this thread as Ive put three emails out there to clinics in Greece and Cyprus. Waiting to hear back from a couple.

    I'm booked in for four weeks holiday in May/June.@powerchild woo hoo! How long have you been waiting?

    I'm just trying to decide which one's for me.

    I'm a long time lurker and this thread has given me the hope I need after 3 failed transfers and 3 pretty crappy EPUs with only 1 PGD embryo from 35 eggs. Not surprising given I'm 40 (41 in Jan).

    Wanna sort out some immunity issues with Dr M first. I have a Skype appt on 19 Dec.

    Ladies, are you only putting in PGD embryos?

    In your opinion, do you think Dr Kanakes is across the immunity stuff and do you know what lining thickness he will aim for?

    Thank you

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Phia For This Useful Post:

    Rhino (19-11-2016)

  9. #135
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    2,521
    Thanks
    4,059
    Thanked
    6,654
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @Phia hi there :-) i know dr. Kanakas does intralipids and i think he likes the same lining measurements as most other fs, so 8mm or above (i think it seems to have changed from wanting +6mm to prefering +8mm now overall).

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to gorgeousgeorge For This Useful Post:

    Rhino (19-11-2016)

  11. #136
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    2,813
    Thanks
    8,087
    Thanked
    4,240
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @gorgeousgeorge Thanks! That's great to know.

  12. #137
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    107
    Thanks
    182
    Thanked
    210
    Reviews
    0
    Hi @Phia. This will be my third time to Greece. I'm doing it alone - it's so hard.
    The second time in July ended in miscarriage. Third time lucky. I have every faith in it. Three of my GFs got preg straight away with DE. So I'm next.
    I think you'll get preg straight away too. So exciting for you to be planning it all.
    I'm going in two weeks. Can't believe it. Eeeeek

  13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Power child For This Useful Post:

    Phia (18-11-2016),Rhino (19-11-2016),Yasna (18-11-2016)

  14. #138
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    137
    Thanks
    253
    Thanked
    525
    Reviews
    0
    Hi ladies - warning long post!

    I have posted on this thread back in July, but had to leave BH (long story) and have returned with a new username.

    Hello again to @gorgeousgeorge and @Rhino xx I won't double up what I said in the other thread
    Hello to all the other ladies and the new ladies.
    Thank you so much @Yasna for recommending Kostas the taxi driver. He is a legend and a true gent. He was so kind.

    So a bit of history on me...

    I'm single and have had 5 stim cycles, 2 FETs with OE and 1 DE cycle x 2 perfect blasts. BFNs on OE cycles including my TET transfer. Then an early miscarriage on my DE cycle last month. So in total I had 16 embryos transferred in the past 2 years. Day 3,4 and 5 with a combination of grading from average to excellent with a couple of poor for good measure. I'm 42 so the first 14 I took as being old eggs but now with a DE failure I thought there may be some other factors.

    The DE cycle was with Dr K and he saw me 5 times while I was there, 4 scans and I had a dose of intralipids but just one dose and not a large dose. As It was only precautionary, had no known immune issues but I asked for it. Someone asked that question I think so yes he does do them. He was super thorough and I had 2 excellent blasts transferred, my lining was over 10 and trilimnar..spelling?!?
    Everything looked great but ended badly


    Dr K recommended NK cell testing for me after that and a hysteroscopy. So it seems he does believe in immune issues. He will cater for what you want. I plan to use any immune recommendations I may get here in conjunction with Dr K.

    So I met with an immune specialist to investigate if I have immune issues etc. he done a hysteroscopy, and endo biopsy today and found I had a uterine septum. Which basically is tissue that can seperate the uterus in two at worst or partially. Not sure how bad mine was as Dr told me in recovery and I was a bit out of it. This can cause miscarriage (which I had one naturally years ago and then the early miscarriage last month) and also implantation issues, where the embryo tries to implant in/near that area as it has poor supply of blood flow etc . It's congenital so I was born with it. So he removed it whilst doing the hysto.

    I'll get full results in a couple of weeks. I plan to go back to Greece late Jan or Feb if today's surgery will cause a short delay.
    I plan to use two new donors and get PGS on the embryos. @Yasna if you don't mind can you tell me where did you get your male donor from again? I thought no you mentioned it in an old thread and you said you got baby pics? I had that also for my Aus donor but not the Greek one.

    Many thanks and good luck to all!

  15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Monty73 For This Useful Post:

    gorgeousgeorge (18-11-2016),Lucky8 (18-11-2016),Phia (18-11-2016),Rhino (19-11-2016),Yasna (18-11-2016)

  16. #139
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    2,813
    Thanks
    8,087
    Thanked
    4,240
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Power child View Post
    Hi @Phia. This will be my third time to Greece. I'm doing it alone - it's so hard.
    The second time in July ended in miscarriage. Third time lucky. I have every faith in it. Three of my GFs got preg straight away with DE. So I'm next.
    I think you'll get preg straight away too. So exciting for you to be planning it all.
    I'm going in two weeks. Can't believe it. Eeeeek
    @powerchild thank you for your kind thoughts. I'm super excited for you - won't be long!

    I'm so sorry about your miscarriages, it must've been so hard after coming so far ((((hugs)))))

    Hope this is the one!!! Xxx

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to Phia For This Useful Post:

    Rhino (19-11-2016)

  18. #140
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    2,813
    Thanks
    8,087
    Thanked
    4,240
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

    Default Egg Donation in Greece #5

    Quote Originally Posted by Monty73 View Post
    Hi ladies - warning long post!

    I have posted on this thread back in July, but had to leave BH (long story) and have returned with a new username.

    Hello again to @gorgeousgeorge and @Rhino xx I won't double up what I said in the other thread
    Hello to all the other ladies and the new ladies.
    Thank you so much @Yasna for recommending Kostas the taxi driver. He is a legend and a true gent. He was so kind.

    So a bit of history on me...

    I'm single and have had 5 stim cycles, 2 FETs with OE and 1 DE cycle x 2 perfect blasts. BFNs on OE cycles including my TET transfer. Then an early miscarriage on my DE cycle last month. So in total I had 16 embryos transferred in the past 2 years. Day 3,4 and 5 with a combination of grading from average to excellent with a couple of poor for good measure. I'm 42 so the first 14 I took as being old eggs but now with a DE failure I thought there may be some other factors.

    The DE cycle was with Dr K and he saw me 5 times while I was there, 4 scans and I had a dose of intralipids but just one dose and not a large dose. As It was only precautionary, had no known immune issues but I asked for it. Someone asked that question I think so yes he does do them. He was super thorough and I had 2 excellent blasts transferred, my lining was over 10 and trilimnar..spelling?!?
    Everything looked great but ended badly


    Dr K recommended NK cell testing for me after that and a hysteroscopy. So it seems he does believe in immune issues. He will cater for what you want. I plan to use any immune recommendations I may get here in conjunction with Dr K.

    So I met with an immune specialist to investigate if I have immune issues etc. he done a hysteroscopy, and endo biopsy today and found I had a uterine septum. Which basically is tissue that can seperate the uterus in two at worst or partially. Not sure how bad mine was as Dr told me in recovery and I was a bit out of it. This can cause miscarriage (which I had one naturally years ago and then the early miscarriage last month) and also implantation issues, where the embryo tries to implant in/near that area as it has poor supply of blood flow etc . It's congenital so I was born with it. So he removed it whilst doing the hysto.

    I'll get full results in a couple of weeks. I plan to go back to Greece late Jan or Feb if today's surgery will cause a short delay.
    I plan to use two new donors and get PGS on the embryos. @Yasna if you don't mind can you tell me where did you get your male donor from again? I thought no you mentioned it in an old thread and you said you got baby pics? I had that also for my Aus donor but not the Greek one.

    Many thanks and good luck to all!
    @Monty73 thank you for sharing! It so good this little thread is starting to gather a bit more steam as it's been a little quiet lately.

    Firstly I just wanna say big hugs for doing this on your own. You're amazing.

    Glad you've sorted the septum, what a surprise, before you head back.

    I'm still waiting on an email back - I will resend again. So sorry to ask about $ but his website says 5000euro for donor. Which I'm guessing is the basic DE plus drugs as extra.

    But I feel like I've seen girls say it's more, but can't find the posts despite searching!

    I'm guessing it'd be more like 7,500 with PGS? And storage?

    Thanks ladies!
    X
    Last edited by Phia; 18-11-2016 at 06:37.

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to Phia For This Useful Post:

    Monty73 (18-11-2016)


 

Similar Threads

  1. Egg Donation in Greece #3
    By CherryCP in forum Egg Donation
    Replies: 1000
    Last Post: 27-06-2016, 23:08
  2. Egg Donation in Greece #2
    By kcraig in forum Egg Donation
    Replies: 1044
    Last Post: 02-02-2016, 11:47

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

FEATURED SUPPORTER
Baby MonitorsLooking to buy a baby monitor? :: Read viewer reviews of baby monitors BEFORE you buy :: Buy at a local or online Baby ...
FORUMS - chatting now ...
Loss of sensationBirth Trauma Support
Teen mom 2Movies / Music / Books / TV Chat
WWYD - help! I’ve discovered a troll!General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
High Natural Killer Cells #11Reproductive Immunology
General Federal Election ThreadGeneral Election Discussion
Brisbane midwife/birthing centre/holistic doctorConception & Fertility General Chat
Wanting another baby after agreeing we were done...General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
Tonight we're smashing into...#4Recipes & Lunchbox Ideas
Who has an air fryer?Recipes & Lunchbox Ideas
REVIEWS
"Made bed time less anxious"
by Meld85
My Little Heart Whisbear - the Humming Bear reviews ›
"Wonderful natural Aussie made product!"
by Mrstwr
Baby U Goat Milk Moisturiser reviews ›
"Replaced good quality with cheap tight nappies"
by Kris
Coles Comfy Bots Nappies reviews ›

ADVERTISEMENT