Closed Thread
Page 13 of 100 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes @Power child our first go with donor egg.
    I knew early on about the placenta previa but somehow thought i wasnt going to have a bleed. We chose to go public hospital Royal Women's as i was high risk and they were truly awesome. There was a high chance id have a haemorrhage nd possibility of hysterectomy but the doctor's were amazing and I didnt even need a blood transfusion. So grateful.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to jaydee32 For This Useful Post:

Rhino  (14-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by jaydee32 View Post
    Its been a while since ive been online.
    I was diagnosed with placenta previa and had a bleed at 34 weeks (being 5/10). I was then in hospital until our elective c section on 24/10 (due to possibility of haemorrhage) when we welcomed our baby girl Amelia into our family. We are totally smitten and our hearts melt with love for her. Good luck to all the ladies trying we are totally blessed and happy that we never gave up on our dream.
    We are a success story of Embryoland and grateful to Dr Nikos and staff.

We dont have any embryos remaining but dont think we'd want anymore now. Grateful for our Amelia.

Congratulations @jaydee32 . What a pretty name for your new addition to the family !

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Lucky8 For This Useful Post:

francesthecat  (14-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hope everyone's going well this weekend

Just a question for anyone who has gone to Greece (or other DE countries) for long enough for two transfers (if needed - ideally the 1st transfer will work)?

My FS's nurse has recommended it, but I haven't heard back from them whether it's actually possible if I'm on meds for immune issues (incl. intralipids, prednisolone, clexane etc). We're ideally heading over in April for 7 weeks, and keen to know if this approach has worked out for others, or if they've needed to come home for treatment, or a break from treatment, in between?

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Peninsula Girl For This Useful Post:

francesthecat  (14-11-2016),Rhino  (14-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi @Peninsula Girl its very quiet on here at the moment. I havent stayed long enough for 2 stim cycles myself so im sorry i cant help. I hope someone else will pop in soon :-)

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gorgeousgeorge For This Useful Post:

francesthecat  (14-11-2016),Peninsula Girl  (13-11-2016),Rhino  (14-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Peninsula Girl View Post
    Hope everyone's going well this weekend

Just a question for anyone who has gone to Greece (or other DE countries) for long enough for two transfers (if needed - ideally the 1st transfer will work)?

My FS's nurse has recommended it, but I haven't heard back from them whether it's actually possible if I'm on meds for immune issues (incl. intralipids, prednisolone, clexane etc). We're ideally heading over in April for 7 weeks, and keen to know if this approach has worked out for others, or if they've needed to come home for treatment, or a break from treatment, in between?
    Hi @Peninsula Girl ,

I'm investigating myself & will post if I find out anything of benefit .

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lucky8 For This Useful Post:

francesthecat  (14-11-2016),Peninsula Girl  (13-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone
    @lilshansy that’s fantastic! I’m praying your little ones snuggle in grow grow grow!!
    @francesthecat – good luck with the transfer!!
    @Pushy1979 welcome to the thread – I’m a few days behind as not online a lot these days... I was with Dr Kanakas and was not under anaesthetic for transfer. I don’t know about other clinics but not only was Dr K in the room but there was a female nurse (?), the embryologist (also female) and someone else – (very crowded and a bit weird but honestly I’m a very private person and as we’ve wanted this so long it didn’t worry me more than a minute or two then we focused on the process and prayed for success!)
    @jaydee32 oh wow you have been through a lot!! So wonderful that you are enjoying your little girl!

AFM - Now week 10! Still in a black hole with trying to get contact from the women's hospital OB that my GP (who doesn't want to care for me at this time referred me to)... It's soooo frustrating! I just want someone I can call when freaking out or to get info from! I ended up going to my GP again anyway as I've just not been well - I violently cough at night and am not getting much sleep - and then got a lot of dizzy spells etc - turns out I have extremely low BP! I also asked for another BT - he said I didn't need it (had nothing since week 8) and a 12 week scan in case the hospital still hasn't gotten a hold of me. Again he said I'd just had one in week 7 so why would I need another! Sniff! Anyway still bugging the hospital so someone is bound to contact me soon (I hope!)... I am feeling fat, useless and sad - not really how I pictured this amazing time of being pregnant and expecting our first little one! I"m sure I'll be fine as soon as I start getting some solid sleep again! I'm still very grateful that I'm pregnant though!!

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rhino For This Useful Post:

francesthecat  (14-11-2016),Minniemin  (14-11-2016),Yasna  (14-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhino View Post
    Hi everyone
    @lilshansy that’s fantastic! I’m praying your little ones snuggle in grow grow grow!!
    @Pushy1979 welcome to the thread – I’m a few days behind as not online a lot these days... I was with Dr Kanakas and was not under anaesthetic for transfer. I don’t know about other clinics but not only was Dr K in the room but there was a female nurse (?), the embryologist (also female) and someone else – (very crowded and a bit weird but honestly I’m a very private person and as we’ve wanted this so long it didn’t worry me more than a minute or two then we focused on the process and prayed for success!)
    @jaydee32 oh wow you have been through a lot!! So wonderful that you are enjoying your little girl!

AFM - Now week 10! Still in a black hole with trying to get contact from the women's hospital OB that my GP (who doesn't want to care for me at this time referred me to)... It's soooo frustrating! I just want someone I can call when freaking out or to get info from! I ended up going to my GP again anyway as I've just not been well - I violently cough at night and am not getting much sleep - and then got a lot of dizzy spells etc - turns out I have extremely low BP! I also asked for another BT - he said I didn't need it (had nothing since week 8) and a 12 week scan in case the hospital still hasn't gotten a hold of me. Again he said I'd just had one in week 7 so why would I need another! Sniff! Anyway still bugging the hospital so someone is bound to contact me soon (I hope!)... I am feeling fat, useless and sad - not really how I pictured this amazing time of being pregnant and expecting our first little one! I"m sure I'll be fine as soon as I start getting some solid sleep again! I'm still very grateful that I'm pregnant though!!
    So happy for you, Rhino. It may feel like a year until bubba arrives....time drrrraaaags - stands still sometimes!

Re your Doctor. He or she is not on your team and I can't recommend strongly enough that you seek another one. What a ****! Seriously! You should def be able to have those scans and BTs!

Can you cold call another Dr?

Best of luck - I know the fat feeling - I put on 30kgs with my DD - still carrying 10 of them 3 and a half years later.

Big hugs that you find a person,

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Phia For This Useful Post:

Minniemin  (14-11-2016),Rhino  (14-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Phia thanks - I am finding it hard to be motivated to do anything right now (could be the extreme tiredness from pregnancy and low BP)... but yeah you are right my GP is not on board with this pregnancy or my concerns so I do need to find a new one!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Rhino For This Useful Post:

francesthecat  (14-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhino View Post
    Hi everyone

Oh Rhino, a new GP is in order, how annoying worrying for you. My GP won't do shared care for me.
    But they were helpful and gave me scan referrals when they were needed. Plus my FS was supportive too.

My transfer went fine, two thawed blasts plus we were in and out of the clinic in a
    3 hours
    painless transfer and told to lie back and watch TV for half an hour, not shoved out the door either.

Now 7 days past transfer, of course lots of symptom spotting one day at a time.

Congrats to Lilshany on your positive results

I'll be back later to go through my what clinic has said about staying for another cycle. Baby needs me.

lots of baby dust

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to francesthecat For This Useful Post:

Peninsula Girl  (15-11-2016),Phia  (15-11-2016),Rhino  (19-11-2016),Yasna  (14-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky8 View Post
    Congratulations @jaydee32 . What a pretty name for your new addition to the family !

Congratulations on your little girl love the name

20. The Following User Says Thank You to francesthecat For This Useful Post:

Phia  (15-11-2016)