Closed Thread
Page 12 of 100 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lilshansy View Post
    Aw thank you! I've got my blood test this morning. We got 7 eggs and ended up with 3 embryos. 2 were transferred, there wasn't even a discussion about how many to transfer!

I'm thinking both have taken as I'm having a lot of symptoms consistently every day since 7dpt.
    @lilshansy good luck , sounds all very positive !

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Lucky8 For This Useful Post:

Phia  (07-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lilshansy View Post
    Hi Everyone, apologies for my absence. We headed over to London for a few days after Athens. And have been straight back into work.

I had an amazing time in Greece and England. I didn't want to come home!

I'm currently 12dpt, and have had a range of symptoms since 7dpt. And a POAS confirmed this on 10dpt. This is the 6th time I've been pregnant. Surely 1 of these embryos will make it out alive. We are cautiously optimistic.

The clinic we used is Genesis. I agree with a previous person. If I hadn't done IVF a number of times I wouldn't have been happy with their communication. Tbh it looks like a really disorganized clinic. But am wondering if this is the normal Greek way of life ? Dr Pantos did my ultrasound and embryo transfer. He was so rough! I thought he was trying to rearrange things down there a few times! We were at the clinic for 7 hours on the day of ET. Other than that, they are my only complaints, I still loved my time there.

Fingers crossed for everyone!

Woo woo hoo on your HPT sounds very exciting.. Hope your BT goes well

According to our friend here, it's normal to wait and wait.. He says " relax your in Greece it's beautiful place, you relax "
    This is while my husband was asking where he could get a beer while he waiting and waiting at the clinic...

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to francesthecat For This Useful Post:

lilshansy  (08-11-2016),Lucky8  (08-11-2016),Phia  (07-11-2016),Rhino  (14-11-2016),Yasna  (14-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,

We are still here in Greece enjoying the amazing foods plus the good weather.

They are reassessment of my lining tomorrow, if all good we defrost and transfer

Thank you for the well wishes we are also hearing to the UK afterwards to see
    some friends we meet here while doing IVF.

I wonder how long we will be there for ?? Im going to bring my iPod and some
    bakery treats to last the day.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to francesthecat For This Useful Post:

AngelD  (08-11-2016),Lucky8  (08-11-2016),Phia  (07-11-2016),Rhino  (14-11-2016),Yasna  (14-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @francesthecat so glad you're having a good trip - bakery treats are amazing - there is a square dessert called ek mek - to die for! Layer of baked shredded wheat soaked in honey with walnuts and then custard, then cream....mmmmmm.....good luck and babydust to you!
    @Lilhansy woo hoo! Sounds like you're on the a good run! Babydust to you too!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Phia For This Useful Post:

Lucky8  (08-11-2016),Yasna  (14-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default New here

Hi
    I am new here but not new to the infertility saga. I am new to the donor egg process. We are thinking about doing this in July 2017. Most clinics seem to be closed in August. I've narrowed my clinic list to Serum and embryo land. I've spoken to dr nick kanakas at embryo land and he wants a Skype chat in a few weeks. He mentioned briefly that for the DE transfer the put me under anaesthetic is that normal? I am a pretty private person and hate doctors and I hate being touched in that area unless it's my husband lol!! Anyway I mentioned to him that I only wanted female doctors- he thought that was strange ?!! Which I know it is but I just don't feel comfortable. I barely survive a papsmear by a female!!

Anyway I also wanted to ask what's the best way to select a clinic...serum have replied too and so has embryo land but how to choose which one is better? Thanks in advance

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Pushy1979 For This Useful Post:

Rhino  (14-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @Pushy1979 welcome to the thread :-) its pretty quiet here at the moment. I dont think they will put you under anesthetic for a transfer. Ive never heard of that and he didnt do that when i had a transfer at embryoland. Maybe misheard or misunderstood? Or unless you have a 'difficult' cervix/lots of pain with a transfer??? I dont think they have anyvfemale doctors at embryoland so if needing a female dr really is that important, that might determine where you have to go. Lol, how will you give birth if you do get preggers if there's male obstetricians on call? I chose my clinic based on how i felt about them and communication. So serum never got back to me and i had to contact them several times but dr.nikos kept in contact regularly so that's how i chose. But honestly there's not much difference between serum and embryoland in my opinion from what ive read of both on the forum.
    Whatever you choose, im wishing all the best for you and hope to hear positive news in july. Feel free to ask anything else youd like. I havent been to serum myself but i can tell you about embryoland. There are other ladies on here a while back who you could tag to ask about serum, good luck with all your planning. Once you do choose a clinic everything is easy peasy from then on. :-)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to gorgeousgeorge For This Useful Post:

Rhino  (14-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Pushy,
    If you feel uncomfortable with a male have you tried researching for clinics with female FS's?
    Does it matter if you go to Greece?
    I know that South Africa has a good clinic and with a female Dr too and I know they have really good results. I am happy to pm you the details if you are interested.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lissimmo For This Useful Post:

gorgeousgeorge  (09-11-2016),Lucky8  (09-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Its been a while since ive been online.
    I was diagnosed with placenta previa and had a bleed at 34 weeks (being 5/10). I was then in hospital until our elective c section on 24/10 (due to possibility of haemorrhage) when we welcomed our baby girl Amelia into our family. We are totally smitten and our hearts melt with love for her. Good luck to all the ladies trying we are totally blessed and happy that we never gave up on our dream.
    We are a success story of Embryoland and grateful to Dr Nikos and staff.

We dont have any embryos remaining but dont think we'd want anymore now. Grateful for our Amelia.

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to jaydee32 For This Useful Post:

AngelD  (09-11-2016),AnnaMM  (09-11-2016),gorgeousgeorge  (09-11-2016),Lucky8  (09-11-2016),Peninsula Girl  (09-11-2016),Phia  (09-11-2016),Rhino  (14-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @jaydee32 i remember you and im so glad you popped back in to tell us about Amelia. Give her lots of kisses n cuddles and raspberrie kisses on the belly from me. Im so glad you're all ok and im wishing you and your little family and bright and happy future together xox So good to hear some good news!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to gorgeousgeorge For This Useful Post:

Rhino  (14-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Jaydee.
    That's so awesome. Congrats. Was your first try with DE?
    So must've been scary at 34 weeks but such a happy ending for you. Very happy news xx

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Power child For This Useful Post:

Rhino  (14-11-2016)