+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Oohhh Tammy88 one step closer x I have heard that frozen cycle gets more assistance to and for longer so fingers crossed
    We have started again, unfortunately I don't get any to freeze so back to harvesting again lol we have told many ppl this time, trying to not let it control me lol that's bloody harder said than done as we all know.
    I hope everyone had a safe and merry Xmas and hope we all get good news this year x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nope cancelled again

Thanks
    Reviews

Default First timer

Hi all,
    I am just about to start my IVF experience.. I feel for each of you and what you are going through. I am 33 and they can't pinpoint why we aren't conceiving. We have been trying for 17mths, and have done all the blood tests, laparoscopy etc and everything comes back normal, and still no pregnancy. We had our first appointment with the clinic today and have the pill prescription ready for when I get my period. I am nervous, excited, anxious you name it!
    Does anyone have any tips on how to try and stay calm?
    Also how have you dealt with friends/family? All of my friends basically sneezed and fell pregnant so feel a bit isolated with this..
    And how do you handle the waiting?
    Look forward to hearing your positive outcomes and am wishing you all the luck In The world!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Anydreamwilldo
    Hi
    I can certainly relate to your situation as the same happened to us! We tried for 6 months before I requested to have my fertility tested and it came back with my AMH of 3.8 was a big shock. My dr said I had the ovarian reserve of a 40yr (I am 28).
    My partners results were all fine so our dr suggested we try IVF.
    At first I didn't see this as a good thing at all. The thought of possibly never having kids naturally was hard to get my head around.
    Everyone I spoke to about it would congratulate me on starting IVF or they would say "you should be greatful you are able to do IVF"
    So it took me a while to get my head around it. I told all my family as I thought their support would help and some close friends at work. But our first round didn't work unfortunately and having so many people who knew made it hard cos my family especially where so positive and so certain it had worked.
    It took me and my partner a few goes to actually start our first round as things kept coming up in my test results, first was my blood test came back saying my estrogen levels were through the roof on day 2? Said I had already ovulated, so we had to wait another month.
    Second was my ultrasounds showing consistent cysts on my ovaries (can't start the cycle because the cysts effects the levels) so had to go on the pill for 21 days.
    Finally after the 21 days everything came back normal and I was able to start my cycle.
    Everything went really well during the cycle and when it came to egg collection they got 7 eggs and managed to fertilise 4. (We did a flare cycle with icsi)
    Got a call from the embryologist a few days later to say all four where looking really good. They booked me in for transfer at day 5.
    Transfer went well, apart from having to have a full bladder and hold it for nearly an hour that was hard
    That afternoon the embryologist called to say two of the embryos weren't far enough along to freeze so they had to let them go but the last one had made it to blastocyst so we have that one frozen.
    When we hit the two week wait man that was hard for me. So nervous and anxious but so hopeful and excited at the same time. But I did a pregnancy test out of curiosity about 11 days in and it came back positive! OMG I nearly hit the floor, I couldn't believe my eyes. My final blood test was scheduled for two days time so when I had it done I was quietly confident. When we got that call that afternoon from our clinic nurse with our results which where negative I just couldn't understand what went wrong? Turns out the ovidril injection was still in my system giving high hormone levels and a false positive pregnancy test. I was gutted I wasn't told that the injections can cause a false positive.
    I think the hardest part for me was the waiting. Waiting after egg collection and not knowing if any of your embryos will make it to day 5 and also the two week wait after transfer, that was really difficult not to go stir crazy "am I pregnant?" "Has it worked?"
    Also the financial aspect of the whole process as well I did feel like we wasted money when it didn't work but now I look back and am thankful that we still have one healthy embryo to use in the future if we struggle again.
    Last year my partner and I were under so much stress as we had lost his dad who he was extremely close to and the pressure of trying for a baby as well it just wasn't happening.
    So who would have thought that 4 weeks after finding out that our first IVF cycle hadn't worked , we somehow managed to conceive naturally!! Almost a year to the day when we started trying we are now 18 Weeks and so far so good. Bub is due in October.
    I don't know if the IVF cycle helped my body into a natural cycle as my periods were all over the place but I also think the stress wasn't helping either.
    People will say "it's ok it will happen" or "just try not to think about fall pregnant and it will happen"
    I am sorry but when you want something so bad it is REALLY hard not to think about it every time you have sex!

I wish you all the very best with you IVF journey and will have all my fingers and toes crossed for you. It is a very nerve racking, stressful and exciting time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @teena80
    How are you? Did you have any luck with your last cycle?
    Sorry I've been off the radar for a while we have moved interstate for hubby's work so been busy.
    We have exciting news!!!!
    Managed to fall pregnant naturally. It was such a shock and surprise as we weren't really trying as I was still getting over our failed IVF cycle and trying to figure out what to do next.
    We are currently 18 weeks and due in October have our second trimester scan on Friday and we are going to find out what we are having
    I hope all is well for you xx

Thanks
    Reviews

Default First time IVF/ICSI October 2016

@Tammy88
    OMG Congratulations xxxxxxx
    I'm so happy for you.
    We unfortunately are not doing anymore
    October hey that's my month lol
    So you moved interstate and boom that's awesome
    Hope to see update soon

Did you have frozen embabies? Do they move state with you?
    Last edited by teena80; 18-05-2017 at 01:19.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @teena80
    Yes we have one embryo frozen back in WA at our clinic. I think we have up till November before our freeze rental lol expires so we can either renew it and leave little emby there or get it moved over here. The trouble is where we have moved to there are no clinics in town, so I think we might just leave it there. All the family is back in WA so if we ever did another cycle would be nice to have them around, my partner works away so would be hard to do it here by myself!

We have our second trimester scan tomorrow and going to find out the sex, can't wait!

Sorry to here your all done do mind me asking what happened with your last cycle?
    Do you know what your going to do next?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Tammy88
    How did your scan go eeek!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @teena80
    Hey scan went well happy to say we are having a baby boy!! So exciting, my partner is over the moon haha
    Baby is doing really well which is a relief. They also did an internal ultrasound and found my cervix is measuring a bit short 2.2 so that's a bit of a worry.

They want to book into the GP asap so got an appt tomorrow arvo and they want me to take progesterone pessaries for two weeks then have a repeat scan. the ultrasound dr was like do you know what a pessary is? I said DO I EVER! Bhahah
    I have my first midwife appt on the 9th June and first OB on the 14th June but they want me to be seen urgently when I get home so I am under the care of the hospital just in case anything goes wrong.
    If my scan comes back with no change in my cervix I am going to fly to Perth to stay with family as my partner works away.
    Hope they don't put me on bed rest......

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Tammy88 sorry for the slow reply, missed it somehow, your story is beautiful and happy to hear you are pregnant.
    I had egg pickup yesterday after having to cancel my first cycle. Low oestrogen on my second follicle scan/bloods. That was hard, being so close to trigger but then having to stop. We had 9 eggs collected and just waiting to talk to the clinic this morning to see how many fertilised. Best of luck with your pregnancy xxo