+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    That's a good point.

I just read in the paper that his little brother has legally changed his name and his father has had to change his business cards to only have his first name, this is so sad.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm watching 60 mins and am lost for words and feel a bit sick

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ICanDream View Post
    I'm watching 60 mins and am lost for words and feel a bit sick
    I feel sick to the stomach watching it aswell. All the money should go to his parents to pay for his legal bills. Boasting about how many women he had been with up to 180 and counting and he thinks that's normal. I asked dp if he thinks that's normal he was hell no that's just asking for trouble. He clearly loves him and with the sun bed on the balcony

I'm not convinced he's innocent. If she was that crazy just leave the appt call the cops and let them deal with it. Insurance can replace your contents but not someone's life

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by babybeeno1 View Post
    I feel sick to the stomach watching it aswell. All the money should go to his parents to pay for his legal bills. Boasting about how many women he had been with up to 180 and counting and he thinks that's normal. I asked dp if he thinks that's normal he was hell no that's just asking for trouble. He clearly loves him and with the sun bed on the balcony

I'm not convinced he's innocent. If she was that crazy just leave the appt call the cops and let them deal with it. Insurance can replace your contents but not someone's life
    I'm not convinced of his innocence either and I know alcohol can impair judgment but I don't think I'll ever understand why he put her out on the balcony, especially if she was so irrational and being 14 floors up. The words he spoke on that recording made the hairs stand up on my neck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    That was awful.

This is the only exposure I've had to the trial, apart from this thread and I note that the lawyer said there was little doubt based on the recording but for me it seems somewhat pre-meditated.

My impression is a rich, arrogant, playboy used to getting his way with women. I feel like that may have gone to his head & he may have started pushing the boundaries a little.

Why did they go straight to his apartment?

Why was he serving moonshine? That is a big indicator of WW state to me.

Why on earth would you be making a recording?

Why didn't he take her home? Or call it a night when it got rough.

Why was he concerned about how looking over the balcony would make him look?

Why did he call his lawyer first! What 28yo has a lawyers number in their phone?

Then there's the obvious stuff like not calling an ambulance or turning himself in etc.

He claims he was extremely drunk but also had a good memory of the evening, except for some convenient moments like when he was restraining her.

And his Mum thinks he behaved in a way that was appropriate? What?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by YeahYeahYeah View Post

My impression is a rich, arrogant, playboy used to getting his way with women. I feel like that may have gone to his head & he may have started pushing the boundaries a little.
    I got the impression it was a case of a rich arrogant playboy used to getting his own way .... Who came across a girl who had her own issues going on and who lost the plot.

Recipe for disaster. I don't think he's guilty of murder or manslaughter. He's a **** however it was all a terrible accident that was a culmination of a perfect storm of events that they both played a part in.

RIP .

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

baby245  (14-11-2016),smallpotatoes  (14-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    No, I don't think he's guilty either, I think it's an absolutely tragic turn of events.

The home made vodka really stands out for me though. I suspect it would be incredibly strong & WW wouldn't have had a clue how much alcohol she was consuming. You can tell she was out of her mind. That sort of thing would put anyone in a bad state.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It is illegal to brew spirits at home, it's incredibly dangerous and does kill people. There was a case in qld recently where a group of boys drunk bad moonshine and 3 of the 4 died and the man who made it is in jail for manslaughter.

The other thing I found incredibly disturbing was the number of women he's slept with. He went on to say 180 women wasn't that many for most guys.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by YeahYeahYeah View Post
    No, I don't think he's guilty either, I think it's an absolutely tragic turn of events.

The home made vodka really stands out for me though. I suspect it would be incredibly strong & WW wouldn't have had a clue how much alcohol she was consuming. You can tell she was out of her mind. That sort of thing would put anyone in a bad state.
    Never thought about the vodka but you are right! Perhaps her aggressive behaviour was down to the vodka. My DH has to stay away from vodka, it turns him into an argumentative idiot so he knows to stay away from the stuff. I can only imagine what home made stuff might do.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mummymaybe View Post
    The other thing I found incredibly disturbing was the number of women he's slept with. He went on to say 180 women wasn't that many for most guys.
    Along with this, when was it also normal to audio tape your dates? Is that really a thing?