+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 39 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I don't know about everyone else kids but I think with ds the not listening and wanting to bend to rules comes from the fact that they are trying so hard at school to do everything right, lots of listening and following instructions that when they get home it just gets a little too much for them and they want to take back a little bit of that control for themselves. It's a big adjustment but I'm sure they will all get there and in time go back to the way they were before going to school.

Having said all this though ds is absolutely loving prep, he has been very settled from the get go (I think already knowing some of the kids in his class has helped). Super proud moment today, his teacher told me he is getting an award at assembly on Monday and to come along and see him receive it. I'm sure there will be a few tears from me.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Happymum2 For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (10-02-2017),Hollywood  (14-02-2017),smallpotatoes  (11-02-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    DS is going really well at school so far. His teacher is lovely and very approachable. He had a great week where he was the line leader for the class, and he played with his friends all week which was great, I'm so glad he knows some of the children in kindergarten! I also met some of the parents and hoping to get to know them better throughout the year.

First full week of school down and I think it was easier for me than I expected. Just the routine of it all sort of fell into place, even the daily home readers which were not time consuming as I thought they would be.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to witherwings For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (11-02-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Day 1, week 2 and I got called up just before recess as Mr5 had an accident. (Wee). Had to bring a change of clothes for him.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I put spare undies and socks in my sons school bag, however he would probably need me to bring him shorts.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mr5 was in a bad bad mood this morning. Getting him ready was not fun and by the end, he was just sitting in a corner, screaming/crying with his ear muffs on. When I dropped him off, he usually loves to kiss me but instead he was just staring at his "happy cards" in his hands (cards with happy, sad and angry faces to help him explain his feelings) and then ran off. I was tempted to keep him home but thought school might be a good distraction for him to knock him out of this mood, whereas at home, he would sulk in his room for hours.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Ahalfdozen For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (15-02-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    DD finally started yesterday! The last of the staggered starts. To say she loved it would be an understatement. To quote DP, she came home a different child! I think she was quite under stimulated at daycare which is why she was always cranky & crabby at home. Last night she was a breeze to get along with.

I was a bit nervous at how she'd go opening her lunch bag, sandwich container etc even though I'd gone over it at home. No troubles though (only that I apparently didn't pack enough food!). She can't wait to go back tomorrow

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to frankie46 For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (15-02-2017),witherwings  (16-02-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Have anyone's kids gotten sick yet? DD had a fever on Saturday and Sunday and was fine Monday and Tuesday, but is lethargic and complaining of a headache.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My poor son wet his pants. He hasn't wet his pants since he was 3 years old!
    He was in sport class and because he was told he had to "stay in his spot and wait his turn" he didn't think he was allowed to go toilet and wet all the way down his leg to his runners. He didn't tell me until I got home from work and we were having dinner! He didn't tell the teacher.
    Poor poppet.
    I spoke to the sport teacher and she's going to talk to the kids about being allowed to go when then need to.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by 2BlueBirds View Post
    My poor son wet his pants. He hasn't wet his pants since he was 3 years old!
    He was in sport class and because he was told he had to "stay in his spot and wait his turn" he didn't think he was allowed to go toilet and wet all the way down his leg to his runners. He didn't tell me until I got home from work and we were having dinner! He didn't tell the teacher.
    Poor poppet.
    I spoke to the sport teacher and she's going to talk to the kids about being allowed to go when then need to.
    Poor thing that's so sad! Good idea talking to the sport teacher!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahalfdozen View Post
    Mr5 was in a bad bad mood this morning. Getting him ready was not fun and by the end, he was just sitting in a corner, screaming/crying with his ear muffs on. When I dropped him off, he usually loves to kiss me but instead he was just staring at his "happy cards" in his hands (cards with happy, sad and angry faces to help him explain his feelings) and then ran off. I was tempted to keep him home but thought school might be a good distraction for him to knock him out of this mood, whereas at home, he would sulk in his room for hours.
    Oh the poor thing I hope his mood improved though! How has he been since?