+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 39 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm wondering how long I'm going to last getting up and out the house on time! I am a total good girl who doesn't want to go to the office to sign her in late so will be trying my hardest but last night I didn't go to bed until 1am just sitting on the couch playing my phone and watching tv so getting up this morning was hard work.

We walked to pick up today, it was about 15 minutes which is pretty good. I reckon it will take me as long to get toddler in the car and find a park at the school so hoping to walk regularly! Let's see how we go in the morning.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to monnie24 For This Useful Post:

Mod-Degrassi  (06-02-2017),Mod-Uniquey  (05-02-2017),White Mage  (10-02-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default First time school starters 2017 chat thread!

Quote Originally Posted by smallpotatoes View Post
    DD has been doing before and after school care. DH picked her up yesterday at 4 - he could have picked her up earlier but it gave her a chance to get used to the routine but so it wasnt a massive day for her.

One of us will pick her up at about 530 tonight.

So far I think she's really enjoying it!!
    So glad she's enjoying it!! I love the Instagram pics

We picked him up at 6 in the end lol wanted to go earlier but I fell asleep with baby in my arms on the couch because I'm jet lagged! that and also, baby is jetlagged so he was up frequently last night making it hard to get a good sleep..

DS had a really good first day. He also had a great time at after-school care. The carers said he really enjoyed it, and he didn't want to leave when we went to pick him up.

On the way home he told some tall tales about boys not wanting to play with him, which really broke my heart. after getting in touch with the mums, I found out he wasn't being honest (the big liar!!) and he confessed that he made it up.

Any clues as to why he would do this? I'm thinking to get attention and/or comfort.. also just tired? It was a very long day for him.
    Last edited by witherwings; 24-07-2017 at 17:26.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to witherwings For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (11-02-2017),Mod-Uniquey  (05-02-2017),White Mage  (10-02-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My DS2 started yesterday, he seemed nervous when he was unsure what to do. But he walked out of the doors happy after school.
    This morning I was going to work and my mum drop him off, but he was teary and wanted me to take him, so I had to go into work late.
    Hopefully he is ok with my mum taking him on Monday!

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 2BlueBirds For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (04-02-2017),White Mage  (10-02-2017),witherwings  (06-02-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod-Uniquey View Post
    Same. It's a horrible thought. My big girls told me they saw DD all by herself at playtime and I was gutted. I told DH, and typical of a man who doesn't suffer with anxiety etc, he told me it was only day 2 and that she quite often plays alone at home. I hope he's right.
    Hi, Ds told me that he played by himself at school as well. I think he was too busy exploring the awesome playground!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to 2BlueBirds For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (04-02-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by 2BlueBirds View Post
    Hi, Ds told me that he played by himself at school as well. I think he was too busy exploring the awesome playground!
    That's great 2BlueBirds, I love when they have a decent playground for the kids, some schools don't even have playgrounds these days.

Well fortunately everyone was right. DD was quite content playing on her own for the first few days, sussing everything out etc and by Wednesday introduced me to her "bff" lol.
    The other little girl's Mum said that since be-friending my dd, her daughter is itching to get to school! The same for dd. They walk around hand in hand, it's so adorable.

Everything else seems to be going well, though we're still working on her keeping her hair in, as she pulls it out of its styles/hair bands route to school and looks a right mess!

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mod-Uniquey For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (05-02-2017),Mod-Degrassi  (06-02-2017),White Mage  (10-02-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod-Uniquey View Post
    That's great 2BlueBirds, I love when they have a decent playground for the kids, some schools don't even have playgrounds these days.

Well fortunately everyone was right. DD was quite content playing on her own for the first few days, sussing everything out etc and by Wednesday introduced me to her "bff" lol.
    The other little girl's Mum said that since be-friending my dd, her daughter is itching to get to school! The same for dd. They walk around hand in hand, it's so adorable.

Everything else seems to be going well, though we're still working on her keeping her hair in, as she pulls it out of its styles/hair bands route to school and looks a right mess!
    That's so sweet! What a great start to school!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to A-Squared For This Useful Post:

Mod-Uniquey  (05-02-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    One sleep to go!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by WiseOldOwl View Post
    One sleep to go!!
    Two for us.

My 2nd grader starts tomorrow and then my school started on Tuesday. There is a lot of excitement in the air.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Start of his first full week.. I took him a bit early and made sure he found all his buddies and played with them. I felt like a bit of a helicopter parent because I had to intervene a few times when I saw that he was upsetting his buddies. He's a bit socially awkward, when one of the boys arrived, DS went up to him and screamed "hello" in his face - wtf? I told him screaming in people's faces isn't nice and you can just use your normal voice to speak. Also he pushed one of his buddies playfully but the other boy was not happy about it. Again I had to step in and explain that pushing isn't nice even if you're playing and he needs to look at his friend's face to see that he doesn't like it. Geeeeez he's in big school already, I didn't think I would still be explaining playground etiquette to my 5.5 year old. I spoke to his teacher about how he's been so far in class and she says he's very social and hasn't been emotional at all, which is good to hear. I hope this lasts

17. The Following User Says Thank You to witherwings For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (06-02-2017)