+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 39 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WiseOldOwl View Post
    12 sleeps to go!! I think he's getting a little excited now. How many of your new starters can write their name??We are still practicing, he's ok tracing it but gets lost when he tries on his own. Pencil grip still not great but improving
    Dd has been able to write her name for a few years. She can also write the names of most family and some friends, as well as some basic words. She has always had a love of reading and writing though.

I think the only expectation is that they can recognise their own name, but don't have to be able to write it.

Quote Originally Posted by 2BlueBirds View Post
    How is everyone feeling?
    Nervous?
    Excited?
    I'm nervous that my son won't like school and will refuse to go. He's a real home body.
    A little part of me is excited, but I'm mostly nervous. It's not that I'm worried dd won't cope, maybe just that it feels like so much of her future is in the hands of other people now?
    We also had some issues with bullying towards the end of last year in preschool, so I'm worried about that continuing.

Dd is incredibly excited and it feels like she has been ready to go for several months now.
    She has been having nightmares and hopping in to our bed over the past few weeks though, and I'm wondering whether it's linked...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    So I went to buy the last pieces of DS's uniform from Lowes today - they have no size 4 shorts in stock (he's almost 6 years old but a very lean build and the next size up are way too big)!

So he'll be starting school on Wednesday with only one pair of shorts! Luckily they're made of material that will dry quickly, so I can wash each afternoon if need be. I've ordered and paid for another 2 pairs which should be in stock in 2 weeks at the very latest (though fingers crossed it's next week).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by 2BlueBirds View Post
    How is everyone feeling?
    Nervous?
    Excited?
    I'm nervous that my son won't like school and will refuse to go. He's a real home body.
    I am nervous for my baby. Transitions are not her strongest point, but I think she'll be fine once she's there. Right now is probably the hardest part! She knows her time at daycare is coming to an end and that's making her really sad it's quite the emotional time!

DD is a real homebody too. I think she gets it from me!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We've had 2 toileting accidents in the last 2 days. Think he's a bit anxious but I really hope this stops before the start of school on Feb 6.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by WiseOldOwl View Post
    We've had 2 toileting accidents in the last 2 days. Think he's a bit anxious but I really hope this stops before the start of school on Feb 6.
    I was told by DDs kindy teachers that that's quite normal for kids starting school, no matter what age they are. Especially if they're creatures of habit and might be anxious about the big change in their lives.

I can't believe this munchkin is starting school on Monday!!! IMG_1485567071.543148.jpg

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to A-Squared For This Useful Post:

Cue  (28-01-2017),GirlsRock  (29-01-2017),Hollywood  (28-01-2017),Little Miss Sunshine  (29-01-2017),LittleBug'sMum  (29-01-2017),Mod-Degrassi  (28-01-2017),Mod-Uniquey  (29-01-2017),WiseOldOwl  (28-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    DDs toileting had gone a bit haywire too, I'm hoping it'll settle. We talked about school today and she said she didn't want to talk about it - so I think she's a little nervous now that it's so close. We have the Best Start assessment on Tues and she starts Thurs, it's so close! Our school does a morning tea on their first day and a BBQ on the Friday which will be nice. It'll be good for her to see us doing things at the school because I think she's worried we'll just drop her off and leave her there all alone!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep our toileting got better and now is back to a few accidents every now and then. Poor thing is nervous I think

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm glad I'm not the only one.

I think my heart will break. Seriously. My son will think I'm dumping him there and never going back.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I only have two more days of my big girl before school starts! Eek. What is everyone packing in their first day lunchboxes?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default First time school starters 2017 chat thread!

Our first staggered day went well, she loved it as I knew she would. The teacher told me she wouldn't have known how young she was, only for me telling her as she initiated her own activities, and didn't wander around the room as she said is quite common for the first three weeks. Phew!

No tears from me, but once a full week hits then I'll be at a loss as I try and find my new groove.

One thing that has changed is she suddenly appears asleep at the end of our bed each early morning. This has never happened before, but it does seem rather coincidental.

Not sure who asked, but yes, she can write her name. It has 7 letters in it and she uses a capital for the first letter. The other words she can write is Mum, Dad but also Poo, which she takes great delight in writing everywhere!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Uniquey For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (29-01-2017)