+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 39 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nafsika View Post
    My son starts kinder and I'm sure he will hate it as his used to always being with me everyday and all day.
    Hugs Hun! I'm sure he will be ok have they got a plan for him?

My dd is excited. We got salt water sandals as it's still hoti don't like cheap shoes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Default First time school starters 2017 chat thread!

Any other Victorian preppies counting the sleeps until school now? DD asked yesterday how many days until she starts so the countdown is officially on, hehe. She's so excited. 7 sleeps to go including tonight

I don't think she'll cry on her first day. She had over a month of transition sessions and has made a few friends already, so I'm predicting that she will take it all in her stride.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    We are in SA and DD starts next week too. We have a countdown going too. We have 5 sleeps to go now and we are going away for 4 nights for a family holiday

She won't cry I'm sure and if I do it's not because I'm sad she's going or wonder what I'll do now I don't see her as much but moreso because of the nostalgia, partly the end of an era and all that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My 7yo has 12 sleeps til he goes into grade 2, and my 5yo has 13 sleeps til he starts school. They are counting down.

And yeh, I found with my eldest, it was like a nostalgia thing too. I was no longer the mum that had all her babies at home. And this year, I I'll have half my children at school. I'm getting further and further away from that baby stage.
    I'll still have my 4yo and 2.5yo at home though.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ahalfdozen For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (25-01-2017),Mod-Uniquey  (29-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yes we start Tuesday here, that's less than a week! It's crazy, I feel like she just aged a whole year since preschool finished, she is so ready for full time school and super excited. I've got everything purchased now, just want to wash it all ready and do a bit of baking ready for lunch boxes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I got word that my sons compression shirts (sensory thing) came into his OTs and we are going there on the 2nd to pick them up so he will have them ready for when he starts school the week after. But I'm thinking it might be too hot for him to wear them for a while.

Thanks
    Reviews
    12 sleeps to go!! I think he's getting a little excited now. How many of your new starters can write their name??We are still practicing, he's ok tracing it but gets lost when he tries on his own. Pencil grip still not great but improving

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by WiseOldOwl View Post
    12 sleeps to go!! I think he's getting a little excited now. How many of your new starters can write their name??We are still practicing, he's ok tracing it but gets lost when he tries on his own. Pencil grip still not great but improving
    My son can but he frequently writes it backwards.(spells it backwards a lot too which is weird and amazing at the same time).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Nup, DD can't write hers. She knows the letters of the alphabet by sight and copies them, and she often writes a string of random letters together to write 'words'. I'm sure she'll pick it up pretty quickly in school.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We are 7 sleeps here, and not so excited, more nervous.
    DD can write her own name, and also her brother's and sister's names. She is not reading or writing much else yet.