+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 39 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CazHazKidz View Post
    I don't have a child "starting school" this year, but I have one going into year 2, one going into year 1, and one starting kindy (the year before formal school here in QLD) So I have had a school starter last year, the year before, and will have another one next year, so I hope I'm still allowed to join in, hehe

My book lists for grade 2 and 1 arrived on the weekend (ordered the whole book list and had them delivered) and I really need to get my butt into gear and name/label everything. I've been a total slacker with school uniforms, our school transitioned from an old uniform to a new uniform last year, and I only bought the kids one new shirt each and they're still wearing mostly the old uniform which I bought 2nd hand. I really need to slowly start building up my supply of new shirts for them as they're wanting to have the old ones phased out before the end of this year. eek.

I have bought them both a new lunch box each though so winning there haha

My daughter who is going into grade 1 was an early entry starter last year so she's possibly the age a lot of your new school starters are. She did really well last year, hoping that continues.
    You sound similar to how I'll be. I have one going into grade 2. One starting school this year and I'll have one starting school next year, then a 1 year gap and then my last will be starting. So when my youngest starts, I'll have him starting, one in 2nd grade, one in 3rd grade and one in 5th.

Mine will all be early starters (at 4.5 turning 5) except my youngest because he is late June so will have to wait til the next year.

I'm feeling dizzy looking at how much you are all spending.
    At our school, we are getting a new uniform so I'm hoping to duck up a few days before school starts to see if the new ones are in yet. But just buying each of my boys 3 shirts each (so 6 total) at $15 per shirt, and a $15 embroidered hat each. They already have plenty of black shorts. They only wear joggers. I don't have to buy art smocks or library bags or stationary and books. Their lunch boxes are still in good knick and only had to buy one new bag for my one going into second grade as his old one was nearly see through at the bottom.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I've decided to keep the shoes I bought DD. I got her to try them on again and said it would be a good idea to wear them around the house a few times before starting school so that she can break them in a bit before hitting the playground with them. She's ended up wearing a school uniform the entire day, shoes included! Lol
    Here she is feeding our chookies in her uniform. It's reignited her excitement for school, she's now counting down the sleeps. First day is Tuesday 31st
    IMG_1484711701.870081.jpg

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hollywood For This Useful Post:

CazHazKidz  (18-01-2017),Mod-Uniquey  (18-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahalfdozen View Post
    You sound similar to how I'll be. I have one going into grade 2. One starting school this year and I'll have one starting school next year, then a 1 year gap and then my last will be starting. So when my youngest starts, I'll have him starting, one in 2nd grade, one in 3rd grade and one in 5th.

Mine will all be early starters (at 4.5 turning 5) except my youngest because he is late June so will have to wait til the next year.
    Mine will be starting in 2015, 2016, 2018 and 2021. I'll have 1 year that they'll all be at the same primary school before my eldest goes to high school

Mikayla was a super early starter as she is end of July.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    @Hollywood that's so cute! We had similar here, though I got a bit annoyed with DD. I got her to try on her shoes and socks and told her to wear them around (to wear in). She decided to go the whole hog and wear her full uniform too, all good. However, she also decided to play and pick-up our cat whom being summer, is totally molting! So, the whole uniform is covered in white cat fur, grrr lol!

Welcome back @CazHazKidz.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Uniquey For This Useful Post:

CazHazKidz  (18-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by CazHazKidz View Post
    Mine will be starting in 2015, 2016, 2018 and 2021. I'll have 1 year that they'll all be at the same primary school before my eldest goes to high school

Mikayla was a super early starter as she is end of July.
    Yeh mines 2015, 2017, 2018, 2020 so very similar.
    Our school is a central school (k-12) and the preschool is on the grounds too and the preschoolers eat recess with the big kids so my kids have still seen a bit of each other, but they'll all be at school together for most of it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    @Mod-Degrassi, how's your little guy feeling about big school looming, and more importantly how is Mumma feeling about it all?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would say I've spent close to $500 all up but I've gone for quality hoping that I'll get more than 1 year out of lunchbox/backpack etc

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod-Uniquey View Post
    @Mod-Degrassi, how's your little guy feeling about big school looming, and more importantly how is Mumma feeling about it all?
    Oh, he's looking forward to it so much! And I'm feeling pretty good about it too. He's just really ready for this next chapter. I think school is going to be great for him on many levels

Apart from having the cat fur on her uniform (!) does your DD seem happy to be going to big school? Your youngest going to school must be a huge deal for you?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Degrassi For This Useful Post:

Mod-Uniquey  (19-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    That's wonderful hon, I knew he'd be excited! I think he'll thrive and before long he'll have his own skater posse happening!
    Such an exciting new chapter for your family, I'm excited for you all!!

Ahh yes, Miss furry-cat-uniform is happy to be going to school, but she is worried I'll be 'lonely' at home without her. Everyone thinks she's excited to be finally going to school and joining her big sisters (DD3 is going to be a grade above her) but nope, she's such a typical baby of the family, wants to be independent and not have a bar of the big girls (unless she needs them )!

Me, I feel more emotional than I was with my first starting school, and I think it's because it's an end of an era for us, no more babies/toddlers at home or preschool. The time has flown by.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mod-Uniquey For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (19-01-2017),Mod-Degrassi  (19-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by WiseOldOwl View Post
    I would say I've spent close to $500 all up but I've gone for quality hoping that I'll get more than 1 year out of lunchbox/backpack etc
    I'm the same, I try to get quality in the hope it lasts longer. Mind you, I'm becoming quite the drink bottle and lunch box hoarder eeep!