+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 39 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    I spent $420!!! in all honesty I had no idea how expensive they would be so I just picked items and was told how much it was at the end. I was too embarrassed to ask to put some back!

Re: shoes, DD has Mary Janes to wear with her dress (leather and light weight -$35 in target - the same ones from Clarkes were all around $100

IMG_1484566289.850621.jpg
    And sneakers to wear with skorts and polos

IMG_1484566397.254609.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews
    Uniforms aren't a big thing here. They have them but it's not super strict at most primary schools. We've spent about $60 on polos (with another $30 to be spent to get her a sports shirt) and were able to just get the skorts from Target. They just need sneakers (any colour) for shoes so I just got her a pair of black velcro sneakers. I would have spent about $45 for 2 pairs so I'd say under $150 spent so far.

Her labels came today so now all I have left to do is pick up her lunchbox tomorrow, cover her books and label everything. Crazy to think that in one short week she will have finished her first day of school!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I purchased Mary Janes and will buy black sand shoes as well, then the uniform....... Lunchbox, drink bottle, book covers etc etc and im spending money like water! So expensive!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by A-Squared View Post
    I spent $420!!! in all honesty I had no idea how expensive they would be so I just picked items and was told how much it was at the end. I was too embarrassed to ask to put some back!

Re: shoes, DD has Mary Janes to wear with her dress (leather and light weight -$35 in target - the same ones from Clarkes were all around $100

Attachment 87950
    And sneakers to wear with skorts and polos

Attachment 87951
    It's a rort isn't it hon! I was the same as you, I just picked what we 'needed' and nearly fainted when I went to pay but was too embarrassed to put stuff back, eeep! It was bad enough people were watching me rifle through the second hand box *blush*.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Uniquey For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (17-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod-Uniquey View Post
    It's a rort isn't it hon! I was the same as you, I just picked what we 'needed' and nearly fainted when I went to pay but was too embarrassed to put stuff back, eeep! It was bad enough people were watching me rifle through the second hand box *blush*.
    Ours didn't even have a second hand box!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I still only have one uniform piece - a polo shirt!

Planning to buy a small number of items this week (maybe the hat, another polo and a pair of shorts - a total of $82), then the remaining lot the week after.

Still need to grab a drink bottle and shoes too. Unfortunately I've had rego this month (which costs a bomb in NSW), so that's limited my capacity to spend up on the school stuff.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I spent $235 just on uniform, including a secondhand dress. I havent even contemplated winter uniform, apart from 1 jumper, so I'm expecting that will be another $150

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I stocked up on uniform pieces yesterday along with the shoes mentioned above. She already had three hand-me-down dresses from classmates, so I bought two more so that I theoretically only have to iron once a week (let's see how long I last ironing her dresses ).

I also bought some winter stockings, and the girl in the shop said probably a good idea as they tend to run out of stock as winter approaches. Also bought two skirts which have built in shorts underneath. Plus she has three yellow tops. Oh and I bought a really good hat for her from Best N Less. So she's all set.

I may just keep the Mary Jane shoes I bought. Because it's a rural school they're allowed to wear pull on Blundstone boots (or equivalent) as part of the uniform, so I may get some of those as well as they will be handy on the farm as well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by A-Squared View Post
    Ours didn't even have a second hand box!!!
    Bummer, it saved me some money as I was able to get a secondhand school bag (school has their own bags with emblem etc) amongst other things.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't have a child "starting school" this year, but I have one going into year 2, one going into year 1, and one starting kindy (the year before formal school here in QLD) So I have had a school starter last year, the year before, and will have another one next year, so I hope I'm still allowed to join in, hehe

My book lists for grade 2 and 1 arrived on the weekend (ordered the whole book list and had them delivered) and I really need to get my butt into gear and name/label everything. I've been a total slacker with school uniforms, our school transitioned from an old uniform to a new uniform last year, and I only bought the kids one new shirt each and they're still wearing mostly the old uniform which I bought 2nd hand. I really need to slowly start building up my supply of new shirts for them as they're wanting to have the old ones phased out before the end of this year. eek.

I have bought them both a new lunch box each though so winning there haha

My daughter who is going into grade 1 was an early entry starter last year so she's possibly the age a lot of your new school starters are. She did really well last year, hoping that continues.