+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 39 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    My DD has a personalised bag. We considered the stranger knowing her name aspect of it all but we have family password. We drill into her that even if she knows the person, they have to have to have the password before picking her up. When kids get hurt, it's usually by people they know so that's where we've focused out attentions. Our school also has rules that the preppies have to be picked up by an adult at the classroom and the teacher supervises. She'll be in after school care so she's a long way away from ever being in a position where an adult stranger could approach her without a safe adult nearby. Maybe when she gets older and starts catching the bus to school etc I would rethink a personalised bag but for now she loves it and I'm happy no one can take advantage of the name being there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Double post

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Then when that happens they're probably also too 'cool' for personalised bags

4. The Following User Says Thank You to A-Squared For This Useful Post:

zelda  (15-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Any suggestions about where to get a school bag? Something simple and plain would be great!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by bwrlab View Post
    Any suggestions about where to get a school bag? Something simple and plain would be great!
    Does the school have a uniform shop? They should have some.

The one I bought for DD has a lifetime warranty and cost $48. A bit pricy but still better value than the $30 Big W ones that will maybe last 3-4 years tops.

The one I have is weather proof and handles spills well and has the band / clip for around their waist which is really good for their posture.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I'm off to the uniform shop tomorrow, I need to get her school bag, socks and prep uniform. I don't expect to get much change out of $200 or so!

The only emotions at the moment are coming from me as the date looms. I honestly don't think (despite us talking about it a lot) Miss 4 is comprehending that big school is looming.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Uniquey For This Useful Post:

MrsSS  (15-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by A-Squared View Post
    Does the school have a uniform shop? They should have some.

The one I bought for DD has a lifetime warranty and cost $48. A bit pricy but still better value than the $30 Big W ones that will maybe last 3-4 years tops.

The one I have is weather proof and handles spills well and has the band / clip for around their waist which is really good for their posture.
    No unfortunately they don't have school bags :-(

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Kmart had quite a few there today. I need to work out if her bag from last year is salvageable. Today we bought sports shorts, leggings, skort (Kmart had two, one that was shorts with a big pleat in front of each leg and another that were like shorts with a flap over the front and I had no idea which one was right!), netball nicks, school socks, shoes and a drink bottle. I bought a Tupperware lunch box a few weeks back and considering a new lunch bag to fit. So will still need to go to uniform shop to get a dress and a shirt. I also need to get a hat and reader bag from the school, hopefully they open early on the first day. We also need a library bag and art smock (I'm going to try to sew these eek)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bwrlab View Post
    Kmart, big w, Target, bag shops like Strandbags or Bags to Go and the like

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Cheese View Post
    Kmart had quite a few there today. I need to work out if her bag from last year is salvageable. Today we bought sports shorts, leggings, skort (Kmart had two, one that was shorts with a big pleat in front of each leg and another that were like shorts with a flap over the front and I had no idea which one was right!), netball nicks, school socks, shoes and a drink bottle. I bought a Tupperware lunch box a few weeks back and considering a new lunch bag to fit. So will still need to go to uniform shop to get a dress and a shirt. I also need to get a hat and reader bag from the school, hopefully they open early on the first day. We also need a library bag and art smock (I'm going to try to sew these eek)
    I really wanted a fabric library bag with drawstring for DD and ended up finding one in Aldi of all places. It was in a pack with an art smock for $15

I wish I could sew, Mum made mine when I started school.