+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 39 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 384
  1. #161
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,322
    Thanks
    980
    Thanked
    959
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by smallpotatoes View Post
    Is anyone else dealing with a super emotional child right now? She is totally losing it over nothing. I don't know if it is the overwhelm of Christmas or anxiety about school starting soon.



    We had a lot of behaviour problems with DS since preschool graduation. I think it suddenly hit him that it's all actually happening. It has improved since Christmas but not disappeared completely. Hopefully it continues to improve.

  2. #162
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,322
    Thanks
    980
    Thanked
    959
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by monnie24 View Post

    I ordered bags today, hubby didn't want personalised as he read something on creeps luring kids but I said he was over reacting. Just need get some clothes and shoes as we only really have winter clothes here still lol and heading towards 40 degree weather haha
    I ordered bags but just put DS's initials instead of his name for that reason but he is starting school.

  3. #163
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    6,771
    Thanks
    350
    Thanked
    2,359
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Can I have some tips my usual excited dd is getting nervous as she won't be with her brother anymore. (10 month age gap)

    So they have been through childcare in same room since about 9m age! I keep explaining he will be there next year and she will have lots fun at big school. Then after school they can still play etc? I don't really know what to say to her she just says she's going to miss him and worry about him.

  4. #164
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    236
    Thanks
    122
    Thanked
    379
    Reviews
    0
    Does she like to play that big sister role? Maybe you can get her excited about all the things she will be off to learn that she can bring home and be the teacher for her little brother?

  5. #165
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    8,395
    Thanks
    5,946
    Thanked
    4,955
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week

    Default First time school starters 2017 chat thread!

    DD got her school shoes on Thursday and all she wants to do now is wear her uniform and shoes all the time!

    She now has a new drink bottle, lunch cooler, hair accessories, uniform, shoes, socks, backpack....

    Good thing they only start school once! I've spent around $600 already!

    Is everyone else ready 'stuff' wise? How are the emotions going?

    I'm still in I can't believe she's starting school already mode. Wasn't she a baby just like...yesterday!?

  6. #166
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    3,866
    Thanks
    5,400
    Thanked
    1,556
    Reviews
    14
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We've got everything but a drink bottle which I will pick up sometime in the next week. Everything else is named and even ironed and ready to go. As you can tell I'm very excited for her. Im going to miss her thiugh. Even though she was in daycare/preschool 4 days a week, we still got at least 1 day at home, just me and the kids. I'll miss that time

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to smallpotatoes For This Useful Post:

    A-Squared  (14-01-2017)

  8. #167
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    3,238
    Thanks
    269
    Thanked
    4,459
    Reviews
    2
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by A-Squared View Post
    DD got her school shoes on Thursday and all she wants to do now is wear her uniform and shoes all the time!

    She now has a new drink bottle, lunch cooler, hair accessories, uniform, shoes, socks, backpack....

    Good thing they only start school once! I've spent around $600 already!

    Is everyone else ready 'stuff' wise? How are the emotions going?

    I'm still in I can't believe she's starting school already mode. Wasn't she a baby just like...yesterday!?
    Stuff wise we just carried over the same stuff from preschool. Same bag, lunchbox etc.

    I drove past the school the other day and saw the school start date and the kindy (NSW so equivalent to prep etc elsewhere/first year of big school) start date and it hit me a bit. I did have a chuckle though. It says kindy start date like it's some huge event but my son is the only one starting that day haha.

    24 sleeps til my eldest starts 2nd grade and 25 til my second starts school. That's 50% of my kids at school. I'm almost like a real mum now hehe

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Ahalfdozen For This Useful Post:

    A-Squared  (14-01-2017)

  10. #168
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    65
    Thanks
    17
    Thanked
    25
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by atomicmama View Post
    I've heard about that as well.
    I think it's more of an issue once children attend school and may be unsupervised. With your dd going to preschool or childcare, names on bags wouldn't be a concern.
    Hmmm.. I hadn't even thought of this. My daughter is starting prep & has had a personalised bag through kindy & I was going to use it for school. I hadn't heard of this until this thread. Perhaps I should rethink..

  11. #169
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    3,238
    Thanks
    269
    Thanked
    4,459
    Reviews
    2
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bwrlab View Post
    Hmmm.. I hadn't even thought of this. My daughter is starting prep & has had a personalised bag through kindy & I was going to use it for school. I hadn't heard of this until this thread. Perhaps I should rethink..
    I remember as a child, I really wanted a jacket I found that had my name on it. My mother explained to me a few years later that she wouldn't let me wear anything with my name on it because for a young kid, if they hear someone calling their name (which is easy to do once you see them wearing it) they will assume that grown up knows them and is a friend. There is a substantial difference between "hey little girl, mum told me to come and get you" and "hey Jessica, mum told me to come and get you".

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Ahalfdozen For This Useful Post:

    bwrlab  (14-01-2017)

  13. #170
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    65
    Thanks
    17
    Thanked
    25
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahalfdozen View Post
    I remember as a child, I really wanted a jacket I found that had my name on it. My mother explained to me a few years later that she wouldn't let me wear anything with my name on it because for a young kid, if they hear someone calling their name (which is easy to do once you see them wearing it) they will assume that grown up knows them and is a friend. There is a substantial difference between "hey little girl, mum told me to come and get you" and "hey Jessica, mum told me to come and get you".
    Yeah.. It absolutely makes sense. I'm not sure why I hadn't even thought of it. I can only imagine the ensuing conversation with my husband who thinks I over react about everything as it is! I think I'll just get a new one!


 

Similar Threads

  1. Chat thread
    By LoveLivesHere in forum General Chat
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 03-02-2016, 23:30
  2. Chat thread....
    By LoveLivesHere in forum General Chat
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 23-01-2016, 03:08

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

FEATURED SUPPORTER
Swim AustraliaSwim Australia are the leading learn-to-swim experts, and national swim school authority. With over 600 Registered Swim ...
REVIEWS
"Made bed time less anxious"
by Meld85
My Little Heart Whisbear - the Humming Bear reviews ›
"Wonderful natural Aussie made product!"
by Mrstwr
Baby U Goat Milk Moisturiser reviews ›
"Replaced good quality with cheap tight nappies"
by Kris
Coles Comfy Bots Nappies reviews ›

ADVERTISEMENT