+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    matalee is offline The greater the fight, the greater the victory
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I found bubhub from a Google search way back in 2007. I was about to start fertility treatment & was researching.

I've never been a regular poster but definitely a regular reader/lurker. I've been a part of a few DIG (3 pregnancies but have only 1 child) but never felt connected to any of them. I think I was in a thread group with @KatiesMum years ago 'The BFP Club' maybe it was called??

Anyway, over the years when I post I never can articulate correctly what I want to say & get overlooked or don't feel a part of anything BUT I've always come here for advice just by finding a thread that relates & reading through it.

So, thanks hubbers for helping a silent member out. It took us 10 years of TTC & now we have a 4 year old (& we can't have anymore babies) but its bubhub that's got me through the rough times of confusion & hard times of TTC & parenting & also reassured me when ever I doubted my parenting.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to matalee For This Useful Post:

BH-KatiesMum  (11-10-2016),HearMeRoar  (12-10-2016),Yogis Mumma  (11-10-2016)

TheGooch is offline Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Winner 2016 BubHubs DIVA Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Olive Oil View Post
    Ok this may seem random, did you have an incident with a chipped tile and MIL?
    I remember that thread!

BH-KatiesMum is offline Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by matalee View Post
    I found bubhub from a Google search way back in 2007. I was about to start fertility treatment & was researching.

I've never been a regular poster but definitely a regular reader/lurker. I've been a part of a few DIG (3 pregnancies but have only 1 child) but never felt connected to any of them. I think I was in a thread group with @KatiesMum years ago 'The BFP Club' maybe it was called??

Anyway, over the years when I post I never can articulate correctly what I want to say & get overlooked or don't feel a part of anything BUT I've always come here for advice just by finding a thread that relates & reading through it.

So, thanks hubbers for helping a silent member out. It took us 10 years of TTC & now we have a 4 year old (& we can't have anymore babies) but its bubhub that's got me through the rough times of confusion & hard times of TTC & parenting & also reassured me when ever I doubted my parenting.
    I remember you from that thread (well - bunch of threads)

TTC wasnt so much fun - but I am so glad that you got your DS

5. The Following User Says Thank You to BH-KatiesMum For This Useful Post:

matalee  (11-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I knew this year we'd be starting to ttc so I was googling stuff on the net and came across Bubhub - I liked that it seemed mostly Aussie content and there was a lot of info. As ttc and being newly pregnant can be a bit secretive, it's nice to have somewhere to be honest and feel supported

Thanks
    Reviews
    I found out about bubhub from my sister - she was a member long ago, and she used to go to dinners with the friends she made on BH. I thought that would be cool.
    I would sometimes lurk and read through a thread or two (I happened across the horse carrot thread and a couple of other memorable ones in that time), but didn't actually become a member until I was TTC #1, and didn't post until after I'd got my BFP.
    The hub is nothing like it was when my sister was a member, but I still find it interesting. I feel like a bit of a nobody on here most of the time, but sometimes people quote my posts and I guess that validates me enough to keep posting. I like to think I contribute, however little - and I've definitely had my eyes and mind opened by this place.

BH is responsible for turning an acquaintance into a great friend though, I don't think we'd be as close IRL if we hadn't found each other on here

8. The Following User Says Thank You to TaylorMade For This Useful Post:

almai  (08-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I vaguely remember being here when my oldest was a baby 7 yrs ago. Im not sure if i had an account or just lurked. A few yrs later we started thinking about trying for number 2 and i think thats what lead me to joining. None of my close group of girlfriends have kids or are even thinking of having kids anytime soon. I have made mum friends as well, but its not really the same. So i guess i came here for that reason too. I have always been sceptical about online friendships, i dont know why. But i did join a DIG with my last 2 pregnancies and i really like the ladies from there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Olive Oil View Post
    Ok this may seem random, did you have an incident with a chipped tile and MIL?
    Here it is http://www.bubhub.com.au/community/f...d.php?t=537372

Those were the days, living with the inlaws lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I googled something TTC related a few years ago and it came up with this site. It has been an amazing source of knowledge and support for me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I too was googling about pregnancy symptoms and ttc and it popped up. That was about 14 months ago and my DH and i were going to start ivf in January this year due to "unexplained infertility" but i fell pregnant naturally in September 2015 hence why i was googling pregnancy symptoms lol. im writing this with my 3 & a half month old DD asleep on me ☺
    Last edited by Butterflybabe; 13-10-2016 at 15:25.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was looking for support and advice with IVF. I've received that and so much more.