+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Perth Mums to be

I've developed sausage fingers and slightly puffy feet this weekend, probably partly due to the warm weather and partly due to the fact we moved house on Thu and so have had a lot to do. I'm not doing that much as I physically can't, but I've probably still been doing way more than I should be!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Sariele For This Useful Post:

Yogis Mumma  (24-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    The hot weather was horrible! I don't think it even reached 30?? My fingers puffed up and I couldn't take the heat.. hopefully we all get used to it soon.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to kim85 For This Useful Post:

Yogis Mumma  (24-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    The hot weather was horrible! I don't think it even reached 30?? My fingers puffed up and I couldn't take the heat.. hopefully we all get used to it soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Does anyone know much about Joondalup private hospital and their obstetrician? I'm deciding on a hospital and OB right now. From what I can tell all the OBs at Joondalup could deliver your baby rather than the OB you've gone with the whole time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Unsurelife View Post
    Does anyone know much about Joondalup private hospital and their obstetrician? I'm deciding on a hospital and OB right now. From what I can tell all the OBs at Joondalup could deliver your baby rather than the OB you've gone with the whole time.
    I had my son with Susan Isdale in 2014 and can't fault her. I'm due in January with #2 and am having Margo Norman this time as Dr Isdale is going on leave for the whole of January.

My understanding of how they work is that for weekends they have a rota and if they are not scheduled to work you may end up with one of the other OB's. When I signed up with Margo this time there was a letter in her pack explaining that where possible she tries to attend every birth but previously this dedication has been at the detriment of her own family, so now they have the rota system so she isn't guaranteed to be there. Although reading between the lines I think she maybe would attend if she didn't have special social commitments.

I'm having an elective c-section so know that providing I don't go into early labour when she is on annual leave them I will have her for delivery.

I think you will find though that overall the OB's are very dedicated to their patients. With my son I had cramping at 18 weeks and went in to be monitored. It was a Sunday afternoon and Dr Isdale was not on the rota for that day and yet she still came in within 45 minutes on her day off to see me. She also attended the c-section birth of my son which was on her annual leave day.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Pumpkin1106 For This Useful Post:

Yogis Mumma  (27-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think Susan Isdale, Margo Norman and either Megan Byrnes or Althea MaGee cover for each other on weekends/nights/holidays, so if you went with one of these ladies I guess there's a chance you could wind up with someone other than your ob, depending on when you give birth. It happened to me at my last maternity hospital in Brisbane.. because I birthed on a Sunday I had to have the ob who was on call that weekend, and it wasn't my awesome ob I really loved, it was a rather cold, unsmiling lady who had no real bedside manner. However, it really didn't matter at the time, I had a terrific midwife and she was the one who was truly with me the whole time anyway.

FTR, I'm seeing Susan Isdale, and she's really laid-back if everything is going well, so unless you have any questions your appointments are very brief. She is also very direct/to the point, but not unpleasantly so. Oh and her MW who you see before appts for all your routine checks is really lovely.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi All,

I'm 19yrs old, 33W4D preggaz, so due date is the 10/12/16. It has been a hectic journey for so many reasons & I'm eager to share it with other (expecting) mums.

But yeah, the hot weather made for a good weekend at the beach and a good day out at the local school fair

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Nameless For This Useful Post:

Yogis Mumma  (27-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    Hi All,

I'm 19yrs old, 33W4D preggaz, so due date is the 10/12/16. It has been a hectic journey for so many reasons & I'm eager to share it with other (expecting) mums.

But yeah, the hot weather made for a good weekend at the beach and a good day out at the local school fair
    Do you have much of a support network around you? Hopefully you have a good mothers group to attend after you've given birth so you can meet other mums and bubs in your area