+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week

Default Moving out with new baby due to issues with husband's son

Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    Most 20 year olds still have a lot of maturing to do. Especially if there are underlying issues.

Is it as simple as he absolutely needs to get a job? I think he's studying as well? Modes his father/Austudy contribute financially on his behalf? Are there roadblocks (perceived or otherwise) to him getting a job? If the story was told from his perspective how would it go?
    The issue is the father. Whatever is going on with the son is for the father to fix and his refusal is the heart of the problem.

I agree sit down as 3 and thrash it out. A lot of men do mature far later than women (I had moved out of home at 20 but that's increasingly less common these days).
    Last edited by Sonja; 05-10-2016 at 21:19.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Give the kid your best one last time, before taking the bigger step. Try to find out why does he act like this? Study him, you can do it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have a colleague whose son moved in with him at age 19/20 after being raised by his dysfunctional mum. He had a horrible year, but persisted, even though the boy was rude lazy and ungrateful- he kept persisting with boundaries and trying to teach him about respecting what he's been given in life. The Dad was very frustrated!!! It was only after a year and returning to his mum for two weeks did this boy have the epiphany of how good he had it at his Dads. Now he's straighten himself out, helps out, etc. it's a long road because the change will come, but who knows when, Especially if your hubby is absent in the process.