+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    538
    Thanks
    743
    Thanked
    389
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

    Default Tell me your success strategies!

    Ok hit me with it BHers! The month you got your BFP, what did you do? Did you do anything different to previous months? Only been trying for two cycles; I never expected to be UTD first try, but at the same time am conscious of being in my mid 30s and only starting out. Would love to know what has worked for others! Thanks!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    626
    Thanks
    25
    Thanked
    288
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I took the worlds biggest list of concoctions hahah!
    I took baby aspirin, b complex, vit b12 (awesome for morning sickness, I had practically none), iron, Elevit, extra folic acid, vitex, bee propolis, coenzyme Q10, maca, vitamin D, vitamin C, selenium, zinc, vitamin E, and calcium.
    DF took a few of these too.

    Not sure what worked, but after 18 months TTC after two miscarriages and numerous chemicals, we finally fell pregnant and are due in a few weeks!

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to babymummatobe For This Useful Post:

    InterestedWoman  (04-10-2016)

  4. #3
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    6,018
    Thanks
    4,264
    Thanked
    1,703
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    With DD, we were trying for 7 months. The month I fell pregnant, we went on holidays at O time

    With belly bub, regularly throughout my cycle, I would lay on the floor with my legs up the wall. I had heard that this helps blood flow to the uterus. I may also have gone a little kooky, and bought fertility gemstones

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Lil Smurfy For This Useful Post:

    InterestedWoman  (04-10-2016)

  6. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    538
    Thanks
    743
    Thanked
    389
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by babymummatobe View Post
    I took the worlds biggest list of concoctions hahah!
    I took baby aspirin, b complex, vit b12 (awesome for morning sickness, I had practically none), iron, Elevit, extra folic acid, vitex, bee propolis, coenzyme Q10, maca, vitamin D, vitamin C, selenium, zinc, vitamin E, and calcium.
    DF took a few of these too.

    Not sure what worked, but after 18 months TTC after two miscarriages and numerous chemicals, we finally fell pregnant and are due in a few weeks!
    Wow that is a list! How did you manage to swallow all the supplements each day?!
    What is the purpose of taking the aspirin? How did you know to take all of these things? Were you seeing a FS or a naturopath or both?
    It sounds as though something has worked for you, I am so glad that after some very difficult and heart wrenching moments, you are about to meet your beautiful baby! Thanks and best of luck!

  7. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    538
    Thanks
    743
    Thanked
    389
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil Smurfy View Post
    With DD, we were trying for 7 months. The month I fell pregnant, we went on holidays at O time

    With belly bub, regularly throughout my cycle, I would lay on the floor with my legs up the wall. I had heard that this helps blood flow to the uterus. I may also have gone a little kooky, and bought fertility gemstones
    Yes I've heard similar stories of people TTC for months and stressing and then boom! Holiday works a treat!!
    Don't know if I could have the patience to lie on the floor with legs up the wall but I will never say never! Crystals are pretty and I am sure they wouldn't hurt, even just for something nice to look at!!

  8. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    323
    Thanks
    280
    Thanked
    221
    Reviews
    0
    @babymummatobe hi there just popping in noticing you said you took baby asprin I have been recommended to take asprin. By my ob after two unexplained mcs.. when did you start taking it after you ovulated or the whole cycle?
    Thanks!

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Rachi321 For This Useful Post:

    InterestedWoman  (26-10-2016)

  10. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    626
    Thanks
    25
    Thanked
    288
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rachi321 View Post
    @babymummatobe hi there just popping in noticing you said you took baby asprin I have been recommended to take asprin. By my ob after two unexplained mcs.. when did you start taking it after you ovulated or the whole cycle?
    Thanks!
    Hi there. I took it the whole cycle. Apparently it can help to make the lining more optimal for implantation.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to babymummatobe For This Useful Post:

    InterestedWoman  (26-10-2016)

  12. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    1,821
    Thanks
    1,420
    Thanked
    1,009
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I had acupuncture done as my luteal phase wasn't long enough and i has one session before my fertile period and it did the trick. Took 8 months to fall pregnant.

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to curlybird For This Useful Post:

    InterestedWoman  (26-10-2016)


 

Similar Threads

  1. IVF with PGS/PGD Success Stories
    By Hoping4aBub in forum IVF
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-04-2016, 17:18
  2. Your success on Optifast?
    By avenew05 in forum Weightloss & Fitness Challenges
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 08-02-2016, 14:43
  3. Hi, 1st timer of this. Ivf success just got BFP
    By Aprillia in forum Introductions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 29-10-2015, 09:11

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
FEATURED SUPPORTER
LCF Fun Languages AustraliaFrench, Spanish, Mandarin, Italian & German lessons for children 0-12 years. Play-based and immersion language ...
FORUMS - chatting now ...
House clothes/cleaning clothesGeneral Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
Noble NovemberConception & Fertility General Chat
Delightful DecemberConception & Fertility General Chat
Embryo qualityIVF Newbies - What you want to know
REVIEWS
"Made bed time less anxious"
by Meld85
My Little Heart Whisbear - the Humming Bear reviews ›
"Wonderful natural Aussie made product!"
by Mrstwr
Baby U Goat Milk Moisturiser reviews ›
"Replaced good quality with cheap tight nappies"
by Kris
Coles Comfy Bots Nappies reviews ›