Closed Thread
Page 8 of 100 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default First round IVF/ ICSI - ttc baby #1

Oh thats so good to hear, well done @MrsBMum2be!! I'm so glad it was easier than expected.
    AF went a little light yesterday so I'm not sure if they will class my CD1 as yesterday or today. I have a scan this morning and will find out then, but if not tonight, tomorrow night the injections will be starting! I'm having a slight meltdown as DH will be at work so I will have to do the first injection myself this is the first time I've really felt nervous!
    Our FS told us to keep the needle in and skin pinched for 10 seconds then to release the skin, needle trigger and then take the needle out just so we don't "spill" any..
    Last edited by megwilliams; 06-01-2017 at 08:41.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi ladies, just wanted to say good luck with your first round, I hope it's successful for you all. I'm following your journey as we may be doing ivf in July if our 3 cycles of iui don't work. Sorry for stalking you ladies lol but just trying to sus out what we may be in for....

Good luck again!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to kylez83 For This Useful Post:

megwilliams  (06-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you @Kylez82! Hopefully you won't need to do IVF and your iui cycles work! When are you starting your iui?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to megwilliams For This Useful Post:

kylez83  (06-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @megwilliams got a tracking appointment on Wednesday and hopefully insemination on Thursday. But I've been told sometime on the first round they just do tracking, I hope not, I will be very disappointed.

Did you do iui at all? You guys have MFI don't you? What was your count? Ours is 5million but good quality etc

Thanks
    Reviews
    @megwilliams have you had to do a stim cycle for ivf before? 😊 i did a clomid cycle before i had my tubes removed with pregnyl shots and they sucked!! Hurt alot! But these ones are virtually painless πŸ˜€ you will be ok 😊 i have a phobia of needles but didn't flinch so dont worry yourself too much 😊 did your FS tell you to prime your pen before injecting?? Ours didn't so we havent but the brochure says we should 😐😯
    @kylez83 thankyou!! You too although i hope your IUI does the trick instead 😊

Thanks
    Reviews
    How exciting @kylez83! Fingers crossed it all goes ahead smoothly and it work first shot!
    No, never done IUI or a stim cycle before @MrsBMum2be. We only started ttc in March last year and after 5-6 months I knew something wasn't right... sure enough the FS said we have to do IVF/ICSI due to the low count. I think it was under 2million, but was never given an actual number.
    Oh I've read those pregnyl shots hurt! I've only got the Gonal F and Orgalutran. The nurse advised to ice the area for the orgalutran shots as the needle and liquid is a little thicker than the Gonal F.
    Yes our nurse told us to ensure we wipe over the pen every time
    Wow, you're doing really well with your needle phobia, sooooo many needles and blood tests with IVF!

Thanks
    Reviews
    So I had my follow up baseline scan today... the cyst has cleared itself which is good and I had 28 follicles (of course not all will respond to the drugs, but hopefully most will!), so we've been given the go ahead to start Gonal F tomorrow! I must admit I had mixed emotions walking out with my bag of drugs today... so excited, yet so anxious!
    Hope you're all going well today x

10. The Following User Says Thank You to megwilliams For This Useful Post:

kylez83  (06-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh @megwilliams that's great news!! I really hope everything goes well for all of us. Are you taking any time of work at all? X

12. The Following User Says Thank You to missyT For This Useful Post:

megwilliams  (06-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @missyT. Not taking too much time off work, just the egg retrieval day and possibly the day after depending on how I feel maybe the day of transfer just for the sake of it what about you?
    Oh me too - my fingers are crossed for us all ❀️

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not much either. Just egg retrieval and day of transfer, if I can organise more I will take it.