Closed Thread
Page 63 of 100 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kylez83 View Post
    Had our first appointment with ivf dr today, it was informative but a bit of a shock. She said my amh levels are 5.2 and should be around 8 for my age, so we should expect to only get about 5 eggs. My heart and gut dropped as I've seen that some ladies are getting 15-20 eggs. I'm so worried now it's not going to work out but I can't do anything about that. We are going to be doing the type of ivf where sperm is inserted into the egg, I can't remember what that's called. So hopefully we get at least 5 eggs and the quality is good so that all can be fertilized and hatched into embryos so we can use 1 and freeze 4 for future. We want to freeze what we can as dr said we will need to go again 6-12 months after baby is born because of our age. Next step is making contact with our local ivf nurse and then on day 1 of whatever cycle we want to start on I contact the ivf nurse and pick up my stimulants. 1 injection a day for about 11 days and 5 days in I add another injection. I'm 2dpo now so will do one more cycle naturally after this and then ivf. So yeah fun times ahead. I'm glad I have a wedding to plan to distract me as I'm very anxious!
    It's always overwhelming kylez83, but I found having a plan and strategy helpful. Here's hoping you have a natural miracle, but if not that ur ivf journey goes smoothly. When are you planning to get married?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to morganleroy For This Useful Post:

kylez83  (27-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's great @morganleroy! Congratulation

Thanks @kylez83, it means a lot

4. The Following User Says Thank You to megwilliams For This Useful Post:

kylez83  (27-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Don't lose hope yet @megwilliams my transfer was only an early morula and so were the rest of my embryos (they were all slow growers). Out of that cycle I got 2 that made it to blastocyst stage and were frozen. They didn't get to that stage until the 7th day. It happens, so keep your spirits high! As for you little embaby on board I wish you all the sticky dust can get! Xx

6. The Following User Says Thank You to missyT For This Useful Post:

kylez83  (27-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @missyT, I need some positive words ATM.. hubby and I are pretty down about it because now it feels like our first cycle all over again! Apparently there was one pretty much at the same stage as the one they transferred but won't be suitable to freeze and they wouldn't do a double transfer on me so if it doesn't move long by tomorrow, they just chuck it out! I'm feeling really disheartened and disappointed. Which clinic are you going through again?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to megwilliams For This Useful Post:

kylez83  (27-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Morhanleroy we are getting married 9 September this year I also made a mistake in my post, we have 2 more natural cycles after this one. Should start our ivf around 23 May.

Sending positive vibes to everyone currently in the middle of the process or tww

10. The Following User Says Thank You to kylez83 For This Useful Post:

megwilliams  (29-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm with Repromed @megwilliams .
    You should ask for psg, I asked to have mine tested and they have to be at blasty stage to do so. I had my eggs collected on a Monday transfer on a Friday and frozen done by the following Monday. Which makes it a 7 days. I am really surprised they said they would just chuck it out. Definitely ask about PGS, maybe they let them grow for longer for the testing. Give the clinic a call tomorrow and check.

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's right, we're at the same place!

None of my embryos are really making it to blasto I have no idea what is going wrong, but there's so much heartache through this journey!! So you had a 4dt?
    They said they will keep it until tomorrow but discard it if it hasn't got to where it needs to be. I asked about a double transfer and they said they can't do that at the last minute... I'm so annoyed as I wouldn't have done a double if we had a good looking blast, but we transferred basically the same as last time and that obviously didn't work. I just don't see the point in wasting an embryo if it is basically the same as what the transferred! Sorry if that's confusing!

I have a list of questions I'll be asking if this emby doesn't stick... and I want answers this time!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @megwilliams sorry it's not quite going as we had all hoped but just remember, last time your body was desperately trying to heal and recover from OHSS so couldnt focus its energy on nurturing the little emby but this time it has the opportunity to help the little one nestle in. They say they are always better incubated in the mother than the lab so your body is the best place for them.
    @morganleroy well done on the numbers!! Hope this is a sign of more positive things to come

Thanks
    Reviews
    @kylez83 although the level may sound low theres still an extraordinary amount of hope for you, we have a family friend in her 20s with an AMH of one and she has one gorgeous ivf little girl and is currently carrying her little natural miracle 😊 its going to happen im sure

15. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsBMum2be For This Useful Post:

kylez83  (29-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well my little IVF friends, had my 12 week scan and bubs was wriggling around, opening his/her mouth and waving 😊 feels super surreal!
    Attached Images

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MrsBMum2be For This Useful Post:

Baby06is  (28-03-2017),kylez83  (29-03-2017),Mad89  (28-03-2017)