Closed Thread
Page 62 of 100 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh wow! That's great results @megwilliams !
    This cycle seems to be going brilliantly for you! I'm so glad.
    I'm not worried about the needles, EPU or recovery... I just worry about getting the time off work if I need. I really felt like last cycle I didn't let myself be rested nor calm. I was so stressed out from from being to end and it was so hard keeping it all together. My partner and I have our own business and no one knows about us doing IVF. it was incredibly hard to manage a work place and well as my own personal needs. @megwilliams did you do acupuncture this round again?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to missyT For This Useful Post:

megwilliams  (27-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Beginning to end**

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by megwilliams View Post
    How are you today? I think the constipation is normal and just from the drugs they use. I get the same for about a week after rest up over the weekend and you should be fine by Monday!
    I'm going well.. still a little sore, but overall well. I went to get a massage today and they told me I couldn't have one because of IVF I cried all the way home haha! At this stage transfer is still going ahead providing me have a little embaby to transfer! They are meant to be calling me today with an update xx
    Thanks for asking megwilliams. I am much better now. I definitely needed that 3rd day off work, and had a pretty low key weekend but did manage to go out and about a few times. So you were exactly right, I am fine by Monday. Constipation is still somewhat problematic but trying to get on top of it haha.
    Oh man, I bet u would have felt awful not to be able to have your massage. I haven't read ahead but hopes your transfer is going ahead, goodluck

5. The Following User Says Thank You to morganleroy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by megwilliams View Post
    You can do it @missyT! I know it's hard, but this second round has been easier on me as I've known what to expect.. you may find the same! I have everything crossed for you!
    I got a call this arvo saying the 7th embryo had dropped off as expected but the other 6 are going strong. They expect to see 7-10 cells in day 3 and apparently I have one 7 cell, one 9 cell and four 10 cell embryos.. so all on track, but we were the same last cycle so we won't know until Monday Monday can't come quick enough!
    Great results. I got a call saying I had 10 embies that had got to day 3 stage. My clinic says to expect around 50% attrition to day 5. I'll find out today how many actually made it. It's a freeze all cycle, so will go with pgs if any are suitable.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to morganleroy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by missyT View Post
    Oh wow! That's great results @megwilliams !
    This cycle seems to be going brilliantly for you! I'm so glad.
    I'm not worried about the needles, EPU or recovery... I just worry about getting the time off work if I need. I really felt like last cycle I didn't let myself be rested nor calm. I was so stressed out from from being to end and it was so hard keeping it all together. My partner and I have our own business and no one knows about us doing IVF. it was incredibly hard to manage a work place and well as my own personal needs. @megwilliams did you do acupuncture this round again?
    That's really tough MissyT, but this is a circumstance where you have to put yourself first. Do u have someone who can step in and help run things while you have time off for "medical procedure" - could be anything? I'd say you'd need 2-3 days off and post EPU, plus a couple of low activity days. Goodluck, I hope u find a solution

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am just going to try my best @morganleroy hopefully this time round I will be able to get a little more rest.

Good luck today @megwilliams I hope transfer goes smoothly and you have plenty of beautiful embabies to freeze xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Had our first appointment with ivf dr today, it was informative but a bit of a shock. She said my amh levels are 5.2 and should be around 8 for my age, so we should expect to only get about 5 eggs. My heart and gut dropped as I've seen that some ladies are getting 15-20 eggs. I'm so worried now it's not going to work out but I can't do anything about that. We are going to be doing the type of ivf where sperm is inserted into the egg, I can't remember what that's called. So hopefully we get at least 5 eggs and the quality is good so that all can be fertilized and hatched into embryos so we can use 1 and freeze 4 for future. We want to freeze what we can as dr said we will need to go again 6-12 months after baby is born because of our age. Next step is making contact with our local ivf nurse and then on day 1 of whatever cycle we want to start on I contact the ivf nurse and pick up my stimulants. 1 injection a day for about 11 days and 5 days in I add another injection. I'm 2dpo now so will do one more cycle naturally after this and then ivf. So yeah fun times ahead. I'm glad I have a wedding to plan to distract me as I'm very anxious!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @missyT, this round seemed to have been going better, but still pretty well the same results... one suitable (but slower) embryo which didn't quite reach blast which was transferred today and more than likely none to freeze I'm trying to stay positive, but it's such a kick in the guts!
    I didn't get acupuncture this time round either. I have relaxed a lot and tried not to be so stressed about what I eat/whether I drink coffee etc.

Is there any way you could get someone to step in for a few days while you recover? Pay a temp or something to do the work?

I'm glad you're feeling better @morganleroy. Have you had an update on your embryos? Oh I am the same with the constipation (sorry tmi)!

Oh those appointments are like that! Bit of a shock and an eye opener! Don't stress about numbers.. it's all about quality, not quantity as they say! One of my friends only ever get 2-5 eggs per cycle and has a beautiful little girl and a a baby hot on the way!
    You're having the same procedure as I did, the ICSI I found the first cycle really difficult as I didn't know what to expect, but having this groups of ladies has helped me get through! Hoping you get your precious baby first time round!! Xx

12. The Following User Says Thank You to megwilliams For This Useful Post:

kylez83  (27-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @megwilliams I hope your embryo is the lucky number one. Fingers super crossed. This morning I was told I had 4 suitable for PGS, will get an update tomorrow if any of the others were suitable for freeze without biopsy. Feeling grateful to have 4 and hoping they are healthy

14. The Following User Says Thank You to morganleroy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks @megwilliams. I have my fingers crossed for you this cycle!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to kylez83 For This Useful Post: