Closed Thread
Page 55 of 100 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @kylez83 to be honest i dont think we got tested for most of that stuff 😐 we saw our gp first who ordered amh levels, hormones, prolcatin levels and sperm analysis as well as an ultrasound to check my ovaries etc and then moved straight into a clomid oi cycle but im sure every clinic checks different things as part of thier standard protocol. For us, the ivf cycle was determine based on the fact that our issue was basically only tubes so i guess we are a bit different ☺ but try not to be too overwhelmed! The day we signed our consents for our ivf i remember walking out of the clinic and yelling YESSSSS then going for a high five from hubby, just remember this WILL get you your baby and it seems like so much to do and in such a short period of time (the lead up is weeks then the cycle is done and dusted in 3 or so, all of a sudden everything is happening) but dont let fear overwhelm you. This is such a positive empowering step you are taking in ensuring you will have your beautiful little family and although its alot be proud that you have the courage to take the steps needed and you can do this

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsBMum2be For This Useful Post:

kylez83  (18-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks so much @MrsBMum2be yes I guess there are so many different issues and so many different ways to approach the issues. No case is the same is it. I had a lol at your high five as I can see us doing that too. I think I will be excited about it when we get closer, it's just the unknown that is scary. Education is very helpful. Thanks for your advice ❤️

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Allthebest, I am thinking about dropping out of this semester just to focus on ivf.. it is so hard to juggle everything! Thank you, I have my fingers crossed for you too!

I was upfront with my HR manager at work @Mad89, it made my life during ivf so much easier!

Wow @kylez83, impressed that you know the names of all the tests! We found out the results and what type of ivf we needed a week after the sperm analysis.
    Oh it is all very overwhelming.. just remember to take time out for yourself and try your hardest to be kind to yourself too! That's what I find the hardest..

I've found that my second cycle has so far been a little easier! They dropped my meds from 125 to 112.5 yesterday as I've responded really well to the stims again.. hopefully this one works! Xx

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to megwilliams For This Useful Post:

Allthebest  (18-03-2017),kylez83  (18-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Meg, I had IVF 10 and 8 years ago, my daughter turns 11 next week. I enjoyed the experience and felt I was doing something positive towards conceiving a baby. My recommendation would be to transfer the fertilised egg on day 5. A lot of clinics put them back day 2 or 3 but a lot of eggs drop off around that time and stop splitting. If the egg gets to day 5 you have a much better chance of becoming pregnant. I did my ivf in Sydney. My friend in QLD had several unsuccessful attempts until she begged her dr to wait for day 5 as they didn't support that theory in their clinic - she now has 2 kids like myself, all 5/6 day transfers. Good luck in your journey, a few pines, prods and needles are nothing compared to the future joy you will have

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pruew For This Useful Post:

kylez83  (18-03-2017),megwilliams  (19-03-2017),MrsBMum2be  (18-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @megwilliams so happy to hear you are responding so well to the stims this round!! I have everything crossed for you!! Xx

9. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsBMum2be For This Useful Post:

megwilliams  (19-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations. I hear HB under 150 = boy and over 150 = girl. First old wives take for you

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Pruew For This Useful Post:

MrsBMum2be  (18-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Pruew oh really? I have been saying boy since transfer but would love either!! Yesterday i had to have a scan cos my ovary had flipped itself over when a cyst burst then flipped back and little fatty was kicking up an absolute storm in there and putting his little hands to his face haha

13. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsBMum2be For This Useful Post:

kylez83  (18-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls,

I got a letter from my clinic saying regarding my negative pregnancy that my oestrogen and progesterone were good. So they thought embryo quality might be a problem. I was not sure as I did not do PGD, but I do hope not.

I had an appointment with a gynaecologist and she said my lining is too thick to start a new cycle. I will need to wait for the next AF, if my lining is thin enough I will be able to start taking the drugs again. Does anyone know how long does it take to clear the artificial hormones in our system?

Thinking of you all and all the very best.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @Pruew we in ended up with 1 5day emby that had only just reached blastocyst so they gave us slim chance of it working anyway.. we hope that because they have adjusted my meds this cycle it will be better!
    To be honest, I've not enjoyed it at all I am trying to stay positive, and overall I'm doing pretty well.. but it has been hard!

Thanks @MrsBMum2be.. how are you going? Nearly time to announce!! Woo are you going to find out the gender?

Hi @Allthebest, mine cleared quite quickly.. I think they usually say to leave a month between cycles. That's what they suggested for me anyway. At least all your levels are normal! I think we had a very similar issue with the embryo quality I'm sure we'll both get better results next time! X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello ladies I'd love to join this thread. I am on my first round of ivf (ttc baby number 1) and day number 10 of injections today. I am on antagonist cycle as I have pcos and High risk of ohss. On my scan on Friday 24 follicles both sides but 13 >10mm both sides. Continuously dropping dose of fsh as hormones all high. Got aching in ovaries both sides and bloating. Managing ok with Panadol and heat pack. Tomorrow I have another uss and bloods and hopefully will find out timing of egg collection.
    I haven't told my work, so I will be calling in sick around egg collection. I find that a bit stressful as I hate calling in sick but that's what is right for us at this stage.

How did you go post egg collection? How much time off did u need? My FS uses a general anaesthetic

17. The Following User Says Thank You to morganleroy For This Useful Post:

Liz8585  (20-03-2017)