Closed Thread
Page 54 of 100 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Allthebest its very surreal at the moment i must admit, i know fatty is in there but i think until i can feel him/her moving around it wont feel real to me but with each scan it gets a bit more real
    Oh me too 😬 its so frustrating because one side aches after i use the toilet and I'm getting up to pee 3 times a night now so feels sore alot but hopefully itll sort itself out over the next few weeks or so :sly: xx

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrsBMum2be For This Useful Post:

Allthebest  (15-03-2017),kylez83  (15-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @kylez83 its ovarian hyper stimulation syndrome so it can happen before your egg pick up or after transfer if a pregnancy is achieved. It more or less is when your ovaries become over stimulated with too many follicles so in my case my ovaries are the size of grapefruits at the moment and havent gone down since my pick up. @megwilliams had it quite bad before her pickup, usually happens when you have a high amh or if your on high dose meds xo

Thanks
    Reviews

Default First round IVF/ ICSI - ttc baby #1

@MrsBMum2be oh wow that sounds uncomfortable and painful! Will they go down on their own or do you need meds for that?
    @Mad89 FYI the above post

Just so you ladies know @Mad89 and I have been on our iui journeys together and now look like our timing for our first ivf will be similar

Also another question, personal opinion, we just got engaged at the start of this month, I was thinking of having the wedding September this year, if the long shot of first go at ivf works we will be 3 months along. If it doesn't work we will probably take a break the month before and during the wedding. Do you think I'm taking on too much? I'm a full on perfectionist and wedding will be at our farm that we live at. Should I aim for wedding next September? I'm just worried about how my body and mind is going to react to the drugs and process and if I will be up to having a wedding this year... but I really want to be married before the baby arrives

5. The Following User Says Thank You to kylez83 For This Useful Post:

Mad89  (15-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    In my case they cant do anything for me now i just have to remain hydrated, not go to yoga which sucks and try to rest but if it happens before your egg pick up they can change stuff to help 😊 dont worry yourself about it, the doctors are very careful but sometimes it just happens unfortunately 😐 lol

Its really comforting having someone go through it at the same time as you. I loved having all these girls to bounce ideas off of and have a sook too so itll be a huge benefit having a buddy or two 😊

Oh CONGRATS thats beautiful news! Well you could do it all at once as ot may help distract you from planning and stimming so could be a blessing in disguise! I know when we planned our wedding any distracrions were welcome and same with the injections etc but really is personal preference 😊 plus if your anything like me you might want to be married asap haha i was so eager!!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsBMum2be For This Useful Post:

kylez83  (15-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @MrsBMum2be, I really hope this one works!! What a gorgeous little pic it's amazing to think that's your baby growing in you right now!! Sucks that you have morning sickness tho my sister said that having her hubby make her a piece of toast to eat while she was in bed helped her get through the mornings. Hopefully your OHSS starts to subside soon!

Good luck to you both @kylez83 and @Mad89, it's always nice to have a cycle buddy who knows exactly what you're going through.

I'm not sure what I would do in relation to the wedding.. I understand the want to be married before baby arrives, but for me I find the ivf process very draining. However, the wedding planning could also act as a good distraction from the whole process! You just need to be mindful at how demanding the process is... the scheduled life for a few weeks, all the blood test and scan appointments ect..
    I am in my second year of uni and thought I would be able to study, work almost full time hours and continue ivf... boy did I have a meltdown yesterday/today! I am finding it so hard

9. The Following User Says Thank You to megwilliams For This Useful Post:

kylez83  (15-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsBMum2be View Post
    @Allthebest its very surreal at the moment i must admit, i know fatty is in there but i think until i can feel him/her moving around it wont feel real to me but with each scan it gets a bit more real
    Oh me too ������ its so frustrating because one side aches after i use the toilet and I'm getting up to pee 3 times a night now so feels sore alot but hopefully itll sort itself out over the next few weeks or so :sly: xx
    Yeah It is way too soon to feel the baby moving now, maybe in next few weeks. I still remember the first time my DD crawling her knees or hands (I am not sure) when I was about 24 week pregnant her

Have tried to drink warm water with honey and lemon? That's really helpful to excrete the leftover of meds.

Allthebest xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by megwilliams View Post
    Thanks @MrsBMum2be, I really hope this one works!! What a gorgeous little pic it's amazing to think that's your baby growing in you right now!! Sucks that you have morning sickness tho my sister said that having her hubby make her a piece of toast to eat while she was in bed helped her get through the mornings. Hopefully your OHSS starts to subside soon!

Good luck to you both @kylez83 and @Mad89, it's always nice to have a cycle buddy who knows exactly what you're going through.

I'm not sure what I would do in relation to the wedding.. I understand the want to be married before baby arrives, but for me I find the ivf process very draining. However, the wedding planning could also act as a good distraction from the whole process! You just need to be mindful at how demanding the process is... the scheduled life for a few weeks, all the blood test and scan appointments ect..
    I am in my second year of uni and thought I would be able to study, work almost full time hours and continue ivf... boy did I have a meltdown yesterday/today! I am finding it so hard
    Same here, @megwilliams - I am also a 2nd student. I got lots and lots of stress from studying. Next time I will take leave, so less stress for the IVF. Try not to put it hard on you. I believe that works! Relaxation and stress free are very important I have my fingers crossed for you.

Allthebest

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Allthebest For This Useful Post:

megwilliams  (18-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm a full time teacher with no IVF facilities where I live, 7 hours drive from the city, but I'll be able to do scans and bloods out here!! So definitely no way for me to not let my principal/admin know that I'm doing ivf because I'll have to be traveling back and forth to Perth for treatments!! At least then I won't have to be stressed about lying to try get the days off!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Mad89 For This Useful Post:

kylez83  (16-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Mad89 i told my boss from the start for the same reasons and it was much smoother for me! She understood when i was a bit off and i could go to appts basically at the drop of a hat so if you feel comfortable telling your boss i recommend it for sure 😊

16. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsBMum2be For This Useful Post:

kylez83  (17-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default First round IVF/ ICSI - ttc baby #1

Hi ladies, after some pre ivf prep advice. I've just booked us in with Genea in Sydney on 7 April for dp to have tests for, microdeletion test for Y chromosome, DAZ gene microdeletion, SCIT, antibody antisperm testing. I have no idea what those tests all are! I think we are also freezing some sperm? I just got off the phone from my fs clinic and they booked us in for Monday 24 April to get the results. They said from there we need to do a Skype appointment with Dr Helen Peric of Genea in Sydney who will work out what type of ivf we need based on the results of that test. Then we see the nurse up where we live (5 hours north of Sydney) and she will give me all the stims etc. then we go to Sydney for the egg collection, sperm drop off and then again 5 days later for the put back.

It all sounds overwhelming. Does it sound like what you all went through? How long did it take from those tests to determine what type of ivf to do until actually doing it?

Our only issue is low sperm count, mobility etc is good.

Any advice/ tips appreciated
    Last edited by kylez83; 17-03-2017 at 13:24.