ADVERTISEMENT

Closed Thread
Page 53 of 100 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi all, I popped my head in way back when you started the thread, I was trying to follow along and learn the ins and outs of ivf in case we needed it, turns out after 12 months of trying, 15 cycles, 2 failed iuis, we will be doing ivf. I'm waiting to hear back from our fs as to what our next step is. We are regional, 5 hours north of Sydney and have no ivf clinic here so we have to go to Sydney for treatment. We will be going through Genea. Our issue is low sperm count, other than that everything else seems to be ok. I think our fs wants us to go to Genea for dp to do another sample to count and to freeze. We are planning on doing ivf on my cycle that starts last week of May, hopefully we get luck and have a March baby.... my knowledge isn't extensive, I know the basics of ivf but not all the in depth details. If you have time to share some info with me I would appreciate it and I apologize for making you repeat yourselves lol just not sure I have the time to read back through 26 pages thanks xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm so sorry to hear that your IUI didn't work @Mad89 from memory I think our cycle cost us around $3,500 out of pocket.

I hope you're holding up ok @SpecialK82, it is such a difficult time!

Welcome back @kylez83. I'm sorry you're having to head down the road of IVF and I wish you all the luck and baby dust!
    We have the same issue and have just started our second cycle of ivf/icsi after our first cycle in January failed miserably. We thought we were going to be one of the lucky ones and have it work first time since we got 24 eggs, but turns out that worked against us and we ended up with only one very early blastocyst by day 5 which they transferred back but unfortunately didn't take.. There's so much involved in ivf and I feel like I went in blind, not realising how emotionally, mentally and physically exhausting it is.. everyone's journey is different, but if you want some more info feel free to inbox me xx

My update - AF finally arrived on Sunday so we started stims last night a few hours early (so I could go to Adele ) and already feeling the side effects!

Hope you're all well lovelies xx

3. The Following User Says Thank You to megwilliams For This Useful Post:

kylez83  (15-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome back @kylez83 IVF can be very daunting so if you do have any questions please post, no question is silly to ask and I am sure al of us would be happy to help.
    @Mad89 I was out of pocket about $3500 and also an extra $410 for 1 embryo screening.
    @SpecialK82 how are you going? Hope you are feeling a little bit better.
    @megwilliams 2nd round, I really hope everything goes amazingly well for you. What Stims do they have you on for this cycle?

I think I have decided on doing a full cycle of Stims again. But I think I might start in my May cycle. Gives me a little more time to mentally and emotionally prepare myself.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to missyT For This Useful Post:

kylez83  (15-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @missyT! How are you going? I'm on 125 of Gonal F atm with early bloods on Friday to see if they need to up my dose (I was on 150 last cycle).

That's a good idea. Try book a little weekend away or something to take some time out for you and hubby! Our little getaway truly helped us mentally prepare for this cycle! We are all here for you! X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies for the offer to answer any questions, to be honest I don't know where to start.... I'm feeling quite emotional about it all at the moment, probably just hormonal because af is here though. I'll try gather my thoughts and get back to you all with some questions x

Thanks
    Reviews
    @MrsBMum2be how are you going these days?? Hope everything is going smoothly and your ovaries are feeling a little better
    I saw an add on TV last night that haggle baby on port road is closing down and everything is on sale, instantly thought of you. Everyone loves a good bargain lol xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    @megwilliams new cycle new start, this cycle will go smoothly and to plan I'm sure 😊 i feel for you with the side effects but means those hormones are working hard πŸ˜€ i was on the 125 and worked ok for me so hopefully you are exactly the same!
    @missyT a little break is a good idea, give your body some time to recoup but mentally too 😊 your next cycle will be much better too, your FS knows your body differently and more in depth now 😊

Im not too bad thanks very much, been battling some pretty brutal morning sickness the last few weeks 😷 yesterday took my elevit morning sickness stuff and regular tablet on an empty stomach and ended hovering over the toilet and shower for a while but the zofran wafers are my best friend so officially 10w 2d and saw fatty last week

10. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsBMum2be For This Useful Post:

kylez83  (15-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oops hadn't finished haha so he (or she) is measuring well and had a hb of 160 which is good, also he was wiggling around in there which was odd to see lol started getting a little 'bump' happening too. The ovaries were terrible 2 days ago but recovered a bit today, wouldn't wish OHSS on my worst enemy 😯 xxx
    Attached Images

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrsBMum2be For This Useful Post:

Allthebest  (15-03-2017),kylez83  (15-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    A beautiful shot, @MrsBMum2be! You must be very excited. How are you feeling of having a little cute thing in your belly?

Hope OHSS will be run away soon. Take care xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dumb question from the newbie what's OHSS?