Closed Thread
Page 2 of 100 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by missyT View Post
    hi meg,

i just came across your post and wanted to ask how everything is going?
    i am starting IVF / ICSI in Dec /Jan at repromed also. starting to feel a little nervous and also trying really hard to block out the negative thoughts.
    much love xx
    Hey missyT

We decided to give it a break this year as we've got a quite a lot going on at the moment including Uni exams so thought it would be best to wait until next years. Seems that we will be going thru the cycle around the same time as we're starting in early Jan.

Who are you seeing at Repromed?
    Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Meg,

Im seeing dr sarah mathews, shes wonderful and makes me feel so comfortable. What about you??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi missyT

I've been seeing Dr Hilary Whittle, she's also wonderful. Never makes us feel like we're just a number and never rushes our appointments. I usually go in with a whole lot of questions and she's always happy to answer them in detail!

We're going back in December to put together our management plan and pick up the medication.. Jan is not far away - getting excited and nervous at the same time! Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know! Im feeling exactly the same. Just had another phone consult with my dr and am scheduled for January's cycle. I think a nurse ia contacting me late December or early January to do the meds pick up and run through. Part of me still cant believe this is all happenig, such mixed emotions! Lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Can i ask Meg what infertility issues caused you both to have to go to IVF and in particular ICSI?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know - it's hard when you're told that basically the only way you will conceive is thru IVF/ICSI, but now that I've got over the initial shock, I'm looking forward to starting it already!
    Are you ttc baby#1?
    I've just had a friend go through it and is currently in the tww. She said it wasn't as bad as she thought... but waiting to see how many eggs are mature, and how many out of those will fertilise and continue splitting was the hard part.
    Hopefully it happens first shot for both of us!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry, I only just saw your other comment missyT, we have MFI (low count).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes this will be number 1. We were told same thing as well. Only way is ICSI. really hoping everything goes well but trying not to get my hopes up at the same time. Our was MFI as well but i also found out my AMH is low on top of that 😫 so i am not expecting a lot of eggs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Maybe start acupuncture? Repromed have a partnership with Well2. I've been there a couple of times and plan on going back there next month to try and help my body get ready for IVF! I'm also taking some Chinese herbs which the acupuncturist recommended.
    I've heard really good things about Acupuncture and IVF!

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's so funny you mention that! I called them about 2 days ago and am hoping to book myself in next week. Really starting to watch my diet but need to get back in to some exercise, been so busy lately inhavent been able to fit any in at all. Ive been taking some coq10 for about 4 months now and read thats meant to be great for egg quailty. Are you on any supplements / vitamins?