ADVERTISEMENT

Closed Thread
Page 81 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Caesardust View Post
    Hi everyone. I also second seeing Dr M. He definitely is the one who got me over the line and I owe it all to him I'm sure of it. We went for our first scan yesterday and happy to announce that we are expecting fraternal twins. Hearts are beating along strong and everything is as it should be at this stage. We are in total shock and disbelief still but hoping it will sink in soon. I'm feeling fine at this stage however I'm thinking all of dr ms drugs are keeping me ticking along ok. I hope my journey gives others hope when there's none left. I literally had none left and had given up. I did this last donor cycle to get closure. I never thought it would work.
    Congratulations @Caesardust wonderful news. You sure have given us hope. Hope you are feeling well

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Katielsa For This Useful Post:

Caesardust  (12-05-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Congratulations @gorgeousgeorge that is such wonderful news.

I unfortunately have had a severed allergic reaction to something. I think it might be the gestone and I'm covered in hives and my face is so swollen I am unrecognisable. Has anyone ever had an allergic reaction to gestone like this before? I'm really scared it's damaging the babies.

Dr m has me changing from intralipids to ivig and I have to fly tomorrow but not sure how I can with the state I'm in. I've been in and out of ed for the past couple of days and nothing they give me is helping.

I'm really scared.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Caesardust View Post
    Congratulations @gorgeousgeorge that is such wonderful news.

I unfortunately have had a severed allergic reaction to something. I think it might be the gestone and I'm covered in hives and my face is so swollen I am unrecognisable. Has anyone ever had an allergic reaction to gestone like this before? I'm really scared it's damaging the babies.

Dr m has me changing from intralipids to ivig and I have to fly tomorrow but not sure how I can with the state I'm in. I've been in and out of ed for the past couple of days and nothing they give me is helping.

I'm really scared.
    I'd try switching to a different form of progesterone for a few days ( under fs advice on strengths) see if that makes a difference. some women react to the sesame carrier oil in gestone.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

Caesardust  (13-05-2017),Phia  (12-05-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Caesardust just saw your post - how scary - hope things are settling down?? X

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Minniemin For This Useful Post:

Caesardust  (13-05-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    So I've posted a few times but haven't told my story yet so here goes.

In 2008 my first husband passed away just days before we were to start our first Ivf cycle šŸ˜¢ after grieving for what seemed like ages I was lucky to fall in love again with an Indian work mate in 2011. After some strong opposition from his parents we were married in late 2012 in india. January 2013 we started our first round of Ivf. 2 years later after 8 rounds of ivf of which 3 were cancelled due to poor response on my part, only 2 ET and 1 only preg BT which was BFN. In the end our Dr said it was time to stop šŸ˜” she suggested using donor eggs but DH was not keen at the time. So we took a year off and in 2016 a friend suggested Indian herbal medicines as an alternative which we tried for a year with no success. In January 2017 we got a second opinion from another Fertility clinic but my AMH was less than 1 so a no go for my eggs. The FS suggested using World egg bank but was just too expensive. DH went online and found Global Egg Donors in USA but was still too expensive. DH then found this forum thread and we decided to go to South Africa as I have never given up on wanting a baby even though I'm 45 next month šŸ˜±

We are currently in CT awaiting on the results of our donors EPU today! So excited and nervous.

9. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Sweetu72 For This Useful Post:

Caesardust  (13-05-2017),Canuck1  (14-05-2017),Cathy69  (13-05-2017),Katielsa  (13-05-2017),Minniemin  (13-05-2017),Phia  (12-05-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sonja23 you certainly deserve to have success, fingers crossed this time is the one. Very very best wishes

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    good luck sonja

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Sonja23 good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @emski72 and @Minniemin I'm waiting to fly to Sydney now. It's gone down a bit but still a freak and everyone keeps doing double takes at me. Pretty embarrassing. I've been taking a antihistamine and have stopped the gestone injections and just using pessaries now. Will have ivig with dr m today and hopefully further improvement will happen. It's very scary to finally get pregnant and then have this risk happen at only 6 weeks. I don't know how I can't worry like mad. Plus ivig is $2250 a pop which is a nightmare on top of all the cost I've incurred from this cycle with dr m and ct.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Caesardust For This Useful Post:

Minniemin  (13-05-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Caesardust . I had a reaction to Gestone but certainly not to the extent you did. Even though I only took the gestone up to a bfn.. So like about 3 weeks.. I did have a hard raised red circular lump on my rear that was itchy as hell for maybe 3 months. Next 2 trips to ct I used lots of pessaries and both those end in a bfp (first one mc). I much prefer the pessaries.. Though was taking 4 x 400mg progesterone pessaries plus 2 x 100mg endometrin pessaries until 12 weeks so make sure you get yr progesterone levels checked. Good luck and congrats on the Bfp.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to kylie764 For This Useful Post:

Caesardust  (13-05-2017)