ADVERTISEMENT

Closed Thread
Page 65 of 100 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Sonja23 - that's so exciting good luck can't help with prednisone but I went with embryoscope, and I've had two successful transfers I figure that for them to keep an eye on things allows them to more correctly judge and grade the eggs, plus the picture they give you of the embryos dividing is the only tangible information you get of the process and your batch !

Thanks
    Reviews
    How exciting Sonja23 ! Getting your treatment plan is a big step in the process! I used prednisolone for my last few cycles. I have an auto immune disease (hashimoto's) so it is thought to help with implantation. Take it in the morning first thing with food as it has an upper effect and may prevent you sleeping if you take it afternoon/evening. I took this until week 8 of my pregnancy and then you have to step down (slowly reduce) over the next week or so.

We also used the embryoscope in our SA cycle and couldn't recommend it enough. I think it costs about $400 and I can't tell you how amazing it is seeing your little embies growing through the stages. We are currently 15 weeks pregnant and we both felt the quality of the embryos was given their best chance using this. Others may have had different experiences though...we have only used one donor in SA and we may have just got very lucky.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Cole77 For This Useful Post:

Minniemin  (18-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Sonja23 I am one that used the Embryoscope and also prednisolone. Definitely yes to the Embryoscope as everyone has already said and re Pred I used 30mg a day until 22w then 4-5 weeks of weaning off. Concerns with the Pred for me, where around the believed to be higher rates of cleft palate. I talked to a couple of doctors about it who both said there was no proof at this stage of a direct connection and that the benefits outweighed the risks. We had no sign of cleft palates ! Side effects on me were a bit of bloating - my round face became even rounder but it wasn't terrible and certainly not noticeable to anyone other than me !

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies for your feedback on the EmbyryoScope now I just have to convince DH that the extra money to pay for it will be worth it.

@Cathy69 I thought that might be the case with prednisolone and cleft palette thanks. I will be taking 15mg a day and hoping I don't get the rapid weight gain and bloated face that I did a few years back.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies. I'm looking at going to my GP next week to get my scripts. Just wondering if anyone has used the 1 off depot injection for down reg. If so were you able to get it in australia, which one did you get and how much did it cost. I can see that some have used synarel but that there can be side effects.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I didn't use the depo injection.. I used syneral.., had to use 2 at $130 each for comparison purposes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonja23 View Post
    Hi ladies. I'm looking at going to my GP next week to get my scripts. Just wondering if anyone has used the 1 off depot injection for down reg. If so were you able to get it in australia, which one did you get and how much did it cost. I can see that some have used synarel but that there can be side effects.
    I used the depot injection. Dipthereline.
    I ordered it from Chemist Warehouse, it took a few days and cost around $360 from memory.
    If you decide to go for the injection rather than the spray - I highly recommend you get your local gp/ nurse to administer it. I assumed there would be a youtube tutorial (there wasn't) and it would be simple (it wasn't)!
    It wasn't painful, I just wasn't sure I had injected the correct place or at the right angle. Anyway, I got lucky!
    In regards to symptoms- I got headaches about a week later for about a week. I also had lots of emotions flying around, similar to PMS.

Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone. There's a few ladies on here who've returned from a break and I'm one of them so I wanted to drop back in, say hi and share a bit about my story. Been at ivf for over two years and did 4 stims with oe and transferred 6 embryos and then two in a de cycle in ct last August. Ended up with no frozen and bfn. So now I'm on track to head over again on the 8/04 and this time no fs here in Australia. I've been consulting with dr m and have just this week had a hysteroscopy, plasma infusion and scratch. I'm on all the usual immune stuff and lining stuff because my lining is miserable and will be also trying neupogen. I'm not sure who said it but be prepared for a shock if you see dr m's office. It's like a time warp but he was lovely. Another word of advice is you really need to be on top of everything and know your stuff. It costs every time you want to speak to him and he writes nothing down for you. I am with Dr Le Roux in Ct and he has been wonderful so I can't recommend him enough. Fingers crossed this is the one for us. We swore the first trip would be our only but I just couldn't give up. After this trip it has to be over due to financial strain and emotional heartbreak. I wish everyone in here success and happy to share any knowledge I have about the journey. Xoxo

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Caesardust For This Useful Post:

mardicharli  (26-03-2017),Minniemin  (26-03-2017),Outoftime  (25-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @ceasardust I remember you from last year. Good on you for going back I really hope this is the cycle for you 😄.
    Will you be transferring two embryos?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Lolly99 For This Useful Post:

Caesardust  (25-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Egg Donation in South Africa #14

Sonja23 .. with bub1 I used one off depot and injected myself ( well Hubble) with no issues second time I tried to get script but dr couldn't find it so I did daily injections. Both were successful for me and not too bad , I preferred the one off injections. I would suggest seeing dr early in case they can't find and you have to go international. Good luck
    Last edited by ferngirl; 26-03-2017 at 01:16.