Closed Thread
Page 62 of 100 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    hmmm why did my posts not post. Change to computer not phone.

awwwwww KMP absolutely gorgeous. The child in the flower jumpsuit is an old soul. And your right there is absolutely no doubt that they mixed up embryos. lol They are carbon copies. Im so happy for you.

Minniemin how are you going and the twins? how far are you along now? Has the shock settled.

mysticfalls

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've made it to 17 weeks. Nipt results in.. All good and I am having another little girl. Thankful to my Cape Town egg donor for getting me this far!

3. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to kylie764 For This Useful Post:

Cathy69  (03-03-2017),emski72  (03-03-2017),mardicharli  (03-03-2017),MysticFalls  (03-03-2017),Outoftime  (15-03-2017),Tittle  (08-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    great news Kylie, you've not had an easy run that's for sure!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

kylie764  (03-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations on the little princes Kylie. I feel I have no right to be in this thread anymore but I still like to check in on how people are going.

to all warrior women who can travel oversea. I would have done this in a heart beat if I could have.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Get yourself a good psych to overcome your fears and you too could be on your way to Cape Town for donor eggs. Others have overcome greater hardships or fear to achieve what their hearts truely desire. If I was in such a position I would be doing everything in my power.., to achieve that second child I too so much desire. I wouldn't want to be 10 years down the track and regret not at least attempting to overcome your fears. I know you think you have tried to overcome it.. But unless you see a professional.. You have not given it your best shot. Good luck!

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kylie764 For This Useful Post:

Canuck1  (05-03-2017),Cathy69  (04-03-2017),KMP  (03-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My mum used to be scared of flying. My dad died a year before I started trying to have a baby. I made mum get a passport by bribery..... then we started going places. Singapore and Bali before I made her come to Cape Town for number 2. It is so rewarding to face something and win and anxiety is manageable with appropriate help.

Thanks
    Reviews
    shizle no. Did your mum have to be medicated for a one hour flight. I do.

Actually was trying to be nice about it but you know what there is afraid and absolutely terrified.

Do you know what its like not being able to travel certain roads? Do you know what its like to be gripped with fear, shaking and crying? Do you know that I wanted to travel australia in a van and I realised that I may never do this because I cannot travel roads with cliffs. Everytime I travel somewhere by car I have to do a google map drive to see if I can actually travel that road.

I was admiring you girls for being able to do it. I didn't expect to be told off for it.

Its not funny being like this!
    It hurts!
    Last edited by MysticFalls; 03-03-2017 at 20:47.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @MysticFalls. I was diagnosed with PTSD a few years ago after a very traumatic near death experience that resulted in hospitalisation. I was a mess and it affected me to the extent of me being off work for a few months. I am suggesting professional help as I know with weekly visits to a psych and following their recommendations and given support... After a few months I was in a position to return to work. Over time.. The fear and anxiety has reduced and I am able to cope much better and things are back to normal. The experience., facing death in the face made me realise what was really important to me in this world.. With me realising I really wanted to be a mother. A year down the track with ivf.. I became a solo mother by choice. It was only thru counselling I had the courage to follow my heart.

I am sorry you felt like we were having a go..but if you really want to overcome something.. You will find a way.

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to kylie764 For This Useful Post:

Canuck1  (05-03-2017),Cathy69  (04-03-2017),KMP  (04-03-2017),Lolly99  (06-03-2017),mardicharli  (03-03-2017),midnite01  (04-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Exactly Kylie. I deal with anxious children/ parents in my work every day. Nothing more satisfying than seeing them take on that beast of anxiety and in time, win. It may never fully disappear but it can be tamed. I love that so much.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KMP For This Useful Post:

kylie764  (04-03-2017),mardicharli  (04-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Everyone,
    This is our first post (I am writing this with my husband). We wanted to share with you our experience so far, as we feel it could help others and also be therapeutic for us.
    We started IVF in 2014, when we started I was 36, my husband 28. It was discovered that both of my tubes were blocked so we were told there was 99% chance that we couldn't conceive naturally. Over a two and half year period we went through 6 stimulation cycles and 3 FET cycles, in total having 8 embryos transferred with not even a positive pregnancy result. We were basically told that egg quality was of concern. In August 2016 after we transferred our last 2 frozen embryos without success we decided to walk away from IVF treatment using my eggs.
    We had heard about using donor eggs as an option and the program in South Africa at Cape Fertility Clinic came very highly recommended, and after much discussion we decided to give it a try. We started communicating with the clinic (who were amazing to deal with) and after a couple daunting months we had chosen a donor, booked our flights and were on our way. We had an amazing time in Cape Town, it is such a beautiful location and it was easily one of the best trips we have had. We had a really positive result with our donor and the embryos that were produced. And left Cape Town after having 2 excellent embryos transferred. However, unfortunately the little guys didn't stick and we had a negative pregnancy result. It was understandingly devastating but fast forward to now, we have dusted ourselves off and are now getting ready to leave for Cape Town this Friday for an FET. I guess we just wanted to share our story and put ourselves out there for support (both for others and ourselves) because when we started IVF back in 2014 I struggled with the idea of using donor eggs but after the lack of success using my own eggs and really wanting a family of our own I was happy to make this happen any way I could. So the sadness I had felt about potentially using a donor at the beginning of our journey was now no longer there, you just become realistic about your options. Carrying a baby still makes it a part of you even if it is not genetically you.
    Please get in touch if you have any questions about our situation, we are really open and just want to help.
    If you are considering using a donor we would say go for it, our experience has been great even though we have not had a successful outcome yet. Hopefully this time it's going to work out for us.

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Purdie Sparkle For This Useful Post:

AdelMum  (07-03-2017),emski72  (06-03-2017),keegan  (07-03-2017),Lolly99  (06-03-2017),Minniemin  (15-03-2017),Tittle  (08-03-2017)