ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

Closed Thread
Page 60 of 100 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Last time I went to SA.. I went straight from the airport to transfer as I got my dates wrong . I would not recommend this after almost 24 hrs travel to arrive in Cape Town. I then had 4 nights to relax after transfer before leaving. Other times.. I have had a night or two before and then a couple of nights after. I think it is best to rest up and relax and not fly immediately out... Though there are a few stories of ladies flying immediately out.

Malaysia is certainly less of a trip from Australia., but I would want to know the stats for the clinic they are using. Cfc in Cape Town is very well known and regarded by many.. Including my gp who is a South African lady.

A couple of nights at the Melia in Kl before and after transfer would be my pic if going down this route. One of the best buffet breakfasts I have ever seen!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to kylie764 For This Useful Post:

Minniemin  (20-02-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    MysticFalls - I always left 2-3 days after transfer before flying and I spent those days being very relaxed. I think CFC's recommendation is 36 hours after transfer before flying but I do know of girls that have had the transfer and gone straight to the airport. Re doing it anywhere other than CFC ..... check out the credientials of the Clinic and their success rates because a big part of going to SA is actually the Clinic itself, not just the egg donor aspect which you can do in a number of aisan countries. I never found the trip to Cape Town arduous as I fortunately flew from Qantas direct from Sydney to Jo'buirg then a small connecting flight to Cape Town - very easy and a total of 17 hours total travel time (I think).

I am not surprised to hear that the Travelling Egg Donor program might not go ahead as it was clearly trying to get around Australian Laws, and not very subtley. The problem is that we need to change Aussie laws to around all aspects of donating for IVF !
    Last edited by Cathy69; 17-02-2017 at 09:11.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cathy69 For This Useful Post:

Minniemin  (20-02-2017),MysticFalls  (17-02-2017),Tittle  (20-02-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Cathy69,

I agree laws around donating need changing in Australia. You got any idea how?

Im not sure if anyone understands my predicament but I absolutely hate flying 25mg of valium keeps me semi calm on a one hour flight. I have no idea how much it would take for what i consider a whole day flight of 8 hours.

mysticfalls

Thanks
    Reviews
    I 'recently' took part in a UNSW survey on 'cross border' assisted conception They are hoping to influence the laws in some way...buy that will still be a while as the study is still ongoing and I havent seen a draft report yet - let alone a final one! I am not sure on lobbying politicians - sometimes publicity can make situations worse as many people do not agree....I have lost more than one friend as they did not agree with my reproductive choices.....Sorry. That's my 2c worth. I would hate to see a situation here overseas egg donation is made illegal (like overseas surrogacy is now illegal in some Australian states)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Tittle For This Useful Post:

MysticFalls  (21-02-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mystic falls - I would leave as long as you can both before and after transfer. In your case, you will need to unwind before a transfer and not get too stressed for too long afterwards......Wish I understood how you felt and especially wish I could give you some of my LOVE of flying! I love the food, the hosts that look after you, the views out the window. Perhaps you could get a doctors certificate documenting your phobia and contact Qantas to see what your options might be for the best place to sit/extra assistance they might provide etc etc. It should be treated as a disability and they have probably encountered it before and may have some suggestions to help.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tittle For This Useful Post:

Minniemin  (20-02-2017),MysticFalls  (21-02-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tittle,

Oh man I wish I could take your love of flying I really do! I said to hubby can't you be female for 5days and you fly he has no problem.

The view as you call it is a big problem for me I hate heights!! I'm afraid of turbulence I have to link a YouTube video of what I'm afraid of if I can.

But here I am contemplating a way to go to Cape Town. I personally am starting to doubt KEDs professionalism. I'm starting to think it's take your money thanks goodbye. Their flash in the pan idea to offer it through KL seems to be a knee jerk reaction to Australia being a no go. I wonder why they never thought of NZ?? Cause KL has th zika virus eeek. Not willing to risk my daughters future fertility for anyone.

I will ring Qantas Thursday on my day off and see if anything can be done. I hope not the fear of flying course more information is bad information for me. Will inform them I will try hypnosis. Will also book some hypnosis sessions. They are done in Sydney. Got to find the time now.

Thank you
    Mysticfalls

11. The Following User Says Thank You to MysticFalls For This Useful Post:

Tittle  (08-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I hope this works this is what I'm afraid of https://youtu.be/41-raFIg2kg

Thanks
    Reviews
    Naaw @MysticFalls i dont wanna watch it coz that will encourage me to be scared. My mum started watching aircrash investigations a few years ago and now she cant fly but before that show she was fine. (Totally not trying to sound harsh. Im not sure watching stuff like that would help reduce fear mate. I know it doesnt help but you're more likely to die in the car on the road to the airport.) I wish i could magically hypnotise you so i could help. Im so struggling to think of stuff coz it all ends up basically sounding like "try not to worry" but i know thats useless advice. Maybe are there groups online /blogs about people who have overcome fear of flying and how they did it? (But dont hang with the still in fear people, i reckon coz they will just make it worse). Just wanted you to know i wish i could help xox P.S. i think maybe dont watch youtube clips of turbulance that would freak me out and i dont really have a fear of flying??? ;-) Also, i know its not as good but have you considered eggs from the world egg bank? They can import them to australia so maybe thats an option. About 30k i think for 6 eggs with 4 guaranteed to thaw. Not as good as fresh donor eggs, same price as ked program and you can stay in australia.
    Last edited by gorgeousgeorge; 21-02-2017 at 21:44.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @MysticFalls - I'm sorry you feel so scared about flying. It cannot be an easy thing to overcome & I feel for you. We went to Cape Town last month for a fresh transfer. I flew over with my nervous flying husband (who has a mechanical mind so was convinced we were going to crash if one screw came loose on the plane) & my nearly 2 yr old very active toddler. We had an amazing 2 week holiday. Then my transfer was pushed out 2 days as our donor was not ready so this meant we had to fly home the next day after transfer. This wasn't ideal as I wanted to rest for a couple of days before flying but we just dealt with it. Flew home with Qantas who gave my toddler her own seat which helped a lot. They really looked after us. The plane was not full & I did notice a lot of people moving around seats. Flying home day after transfer with a toddler was not exactly relaxing & was hard but both embies took & I am nearly 7 weeks pregnant. I was very glad to see my own bed though!

Good luck with your decision x

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Luca For This Useful Post:

Cathy69  (23-02-2017),ferngirl  (22-02-2017),Minniemin  (22-02-2017),Tittle  (08-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @MysticFalls I was just browsing forums... have you considered doing some short flights to Perth and then jumping on a cruise? I don't even know what it would cost. Just a thought.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Chmeille For This Useful Post:

Minniemin  (22-02-2017)