Closed Thread
Page 55 of 100 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    As previously mentioned, heat packs straight after you inject can really help

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Miscarriage with donor egg

Hi Ladies,
    I would like some guidance from any of you that may have been through what I have recently experienced. After 6 years of failed ivf and a blighted ovum trying for a sibling for our son we were advised that donor eggs would be our only option.

I used Nurture agency to select a donor who was lovely but unproven. Unfortunately before the screening process she pulled out due to personal circumstances. Nurture were great and helped us find another donor who was also unproven.

We travelled to Cape Town to CFC and our donor achieved 7 eggs of which 5 fertilised and made it to day 5. I had two transferred. We were thrilled and so happy to achieve a BFP but my numbers were rising a little slowly. At the 7 weeks 5 day scan we saw a little heartbeat at 142bpm. We were ecstatic. Then the day of my 10 week scan I started bleeding. The scan showed no heartbeat and the baby must have stopped growing not long after my 7 week scan,

We were devastated. I had a d and c the next day and am still coming to terms with the miscarriage. Has this happened to anyone else with donor eggs and you have gone on to have a successful pregnancy with the remaining embryos? I'm so worried about it happening again and would love to hear some success stories.

Thanks all xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm so sorry to hear this has happened to you. I understand the grief especially after hearing that little heartbeat for the first time ! This has happened to me in a way, I got pregnant unplanned after we got married I was 38 we lost this in almost identical circumstances to you, I then went through tracking and 5 unsuccessful ivf rounds. I then did a donor egg round and got successfully pregnant which resulted in our beautiful baby girl. I recommend in my very limited knowledge ensuring you prioritise a young under 25 proven donor. ( and check they have had live births both by the donor and someone they have donated to). I wish you the very best on your journey and take care of yourself in this terrible time. If you have any questions just ask, I feel blessed with our eventual good fortune and would love nothing more to share and help if I can !

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ferngirl For This Useful Post:

Melodyj7  (07-02-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Melodyj7. Your story sounds very similar to me.. On my second trip to SA I had my last single emby put in . Bfp resulted but was very slowly rising and was told right from the start it may mean a problem such as ectopic pregnancy or other problem. Had a scan at 7 weeks and all looked good. Went for another scan at 9 weeks and looks like bub stopped growing shortly after first scan . It was a missed miscarriage and had to have a d n c soon after.

Fast forward 6 months.. A new proven donor from SA and I am 13.5 weeks pregnant. Had some bleeding and have been on bed rest.. But bub hanging in there. I think it has a lot to do with the different donor.. As this donor... Recommended by my SA doctor.. Has live kids and previous 2 donor cycles had all produced pregnancies.. Whereas first donor performed poorly and I was told this donor should not be used again.

Good luck.. And hope you get utd again soon., when you are ready to try again!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to kylie764 For This Useful Post:

Melodyj7  (07-02-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Melodyj7 - I had the same experience as you though I was pregnant with twins. 7w scan all good but at 9w it turned out 1 twin had died a couple of days after the 7w scan and the other 4 days prior to my 9w scan. There was nothing chromosomally wrong with either embryo so there was no reason as such for the miscarriage. I pretty much went straight back to CFC for a transfer of my remaining frozen emby but that was a BFN. I then decided to investigate Immune issues and I went back to CFC 7 months later but with a new donor, plus prednisolone & thyroxine into the medication mix and I can right this minute hear my 13mo twins giggling in their cots when they are meant to be asleep !

Just because you had a miscarriage doesn't mean a future cycle won't be successful though of course there are no guarantees even with ED's. I would suggest you spend this time now getting yourself into as best physical and 'head' shape you can and if you haven't had any immune testing, maybe investigate that, even if it is simply to rule out any things that might inhibit a pregnancy sticking.

Good luck and even though a miscarriage is devastating, try to take the approach that that pregnancy wasn't meant to be - your bub is still waiting for the right moment to come to you.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cathy69 For This Useful Post:

AdelMum  (07-02-2017),Melodyj7  (07-02-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @Melodyj7,
    I had a miscarriage due to a stomach infection after my fresh transfer at CFC. I shipped my remaining 10 embryos to Canada. First transfer (two) BFN, second transfer (three - don't judge - CFC put three in one straw) BFN. The third transfer (two) in September created my 24 week today (now barely viable) daughter. Don't give up, you have three embryos left, when you're ready, try again.
    Miscarriages are the worst, take time to grieve and heal yourself. I read everything I could (six books and countless googles) to make sense of what happened and the best I can come up with is: It's out of my hands.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Canuck1 For This Useful Post:

Melodyj7  (07-02-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Thanks

Thanks ladies for all your replies, kind words and making me feel that I'm not the only one going through this terrible time. Part of me wants to rush back to Cape Town and try with another embie but then another part of me is terrified of it not working and having to go through more grief.

It sounds like I should think about discarding the remaining embryos I have and trying again with a new proven donor. One of the replies mentioned using 'Immune protocol' on our next try - what does this mean?
    Thanks again xx

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Melodyj7 For This Useful Post:

Canuck1  (09-02-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Melody i think its probably worth getting tested to see if you have any immue issues like nk cells. Sorry i dont know your history how many previous transfers and cycles did you do. I have elevated nk cells so take steriods ckexane etc. All the best.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Canuck1 View Post
    Hi @Melodyj7,
    The third transfer (two) in September created my 24 week today (now barely viable) daughter. Don't give up, you have three embryos left, when you're ready, try again.
    Miscarriages are the worst, take time to grieve and heal yourself. I read everything I could (six books and countless googles) to make sense of what happened and the best I can come up with is: It's out of my hands.
    Canuck - so pleased to hear from you and that your pregnancy is going well - 24w - WOW ! I remember your trip to CFC and the end results and am so pleased for your current situation. 24w is viable but lets hope she snuggles in tight for another 14-16 weeks !

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Cathy69 For This Useful Post:

Canuck1  (09-02-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Melodyj7 View Post
    One of the replies mentioned using 'Immune protocol' on our next try - what does this mean?
    Thanks again xx
    Melody - that was me. 'Immune Protocol' - firstly check out this website http://www.repro-med.net/ and Dr Alan Beer. His book is considered the 'bible' of Immune issues and most local libraries have a copy or you can buy it online. There are lots of 'protocol's that are used - just means that there are extra meds given that supress the body's natural reaction (if there are issues) to reject a foetus/pregnancy. Usually those meds include steroids, sometimes Thyroxine and some blood products like IVIG & Intralipids, Humira,......... There are limited doctors in Australia that really embrace Reproductive Immunolgy - in Sydney Dr Gamal Matthias, in Brisbane 'Wazza' - I can't remember his proper name ! And Dr 'L' in Melbourne. Also google things like Bondi Protocol & Colorado Protocol.

CFC don't do any treatment re Immune issues but they don't have any problems with you combining Immune stuff with the medications etc they give you for a cycle. It is a whole new world and well worth investigating.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Cathy69 For This Useful Post:

Melodyj7  (08-02-2017)