Closed Thread
Page 41 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Blu This is so sad to hear, I can only imagine the pain and disappointment you're experiencing after all the effort you've put in.
    There is nothing foolish about hoping it might work, that's what we all do, otherwise we wouldn't keep throwing money and emotions into fertility treatments.
    Sometimes it just makes no sense and seems so unfair.
    There is nothing pathetic about your grief.
    You are amongst friends here.
    I hope taking a break will help you to regroup and work out your next step.
    Sending love ❤️

Thanks
    Reviews
    My FS in Australia said that she would recommend transferring them to Thailand......I never did (we went back to CT) but it is possible certainly to do the Asia thing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by midnite01 View Post
    Ladies im loking for some recomm of accommodation near the waterfront in capetown. There is sooo many to choose from so would prefer personal reccs if possible. Apartments would be fine.
    Hi there! We stayed last week at the Cape Royale luxury hotel. It is a bit pricey (as it was peak time) but got an okay deal on booking.com and breakfast was included which was really good food.

They have a range of options and is about 10 minute walk across to the waterfront but also have a free shuttle so you can get dropped down there and picked up every couple of hours until 8pm.

What we really liked also is there is a supermarket, pharmacy and a strip of great restaurants along the main road so very easy if you don't always want to go to Waterfront.

It says it's five star but would say more like a good 4 star - our studio apartment had a kitchen too which meant could make toast etc in our room if we wanted.

Good luck there are so many options you will find a great one

Thanks
    Reviews
    @midnite01 we stayed in an Airbnb in de Waterkant - 2 mins (or $2au) to waterfront by uber and a supermarket nearby at cape quarter. Can walk into city centre (less than 10 mins to long St, green market square etc).
    If I stayed again I'd prob choose sea point - for shops, buses, beach etc. xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    [QUOTE=Blu;8624718]I've been avoiding writing this post, partly because it's so painful & partly because I don't want to dampen others joy with our sadness. Obviously the results were BFN and I am truly heartbroken. It's taken us 5 years and all manner of medical intervention to make it to ET and I foolishly thought this was our time.

I'm not sure where we go to from here, but I have emailed the clinic in SA to get some more details on bringing the remaining embryos to Australia. The embryologist said before we left that she would be happy to liaise with the transport company in Johannesburg about this, but currently the clinic is closed so we will have to wait until next year.

But honestly I don't know how much more I can take. It has taken such a toll on our marriage and i feel like I can't make anymore space for this sadness. DH is from a traditional west african family, and won't dare mention our troubles to them for fear they will forced him into taking another wife. So I wonder if all this pressure and expectation in addition to the ED roller coaster will one day break us. Has anyone come back from this kind of hopelessness????Or maybe I should be posting on the childless not by choice? I know I sound utterly pathetic, and all woe is me....but would be really good to hear from someone going through somet

I'm sorry to read your news blu. It is really tough when you don't get the outcome you expect. Try not to lose hope as hard as it is and take care of yourself x

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Katielsa For This Useful Post:

Cole77  (21-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    [QUOTE=Kate83;8625432]
    Quote Originally Posted by Blu View Post
    I've been avoiding writing this post, partly because it's so painful & partly because I don't want to dampen others joy with our sadness. Obviously the results were BFN and I am truly heartbroken. It's taken us 5 years and all manner of medical intervention to make it to ET and I foolishly thought this was our time.

I'm not sure where we go to from here, but I have emailed the clinic in SA to get some more details on bringing the remaining embryos to Australia. The embryologist said before we left that she would be happy to liaise with the transport company in Johannesburg about this, but currently the clinic is closed so we will have to wait until next year.

But honestly I don't know how much more I can take. It has taken such a toll on our marriage and i feel like I can't make anymore space for this sadness. DH is from a traditional west african family, and won't dare mention our troubles to them for fear they will forced him into taking another wife. So I wonder if all this pressure and expectation in addition to the ED roller coaster will one day break us. Has anyone come back from this kind of hopelessness????Or maybe I should be posting on the childless not by choice? I know I sound utterly pathetic, and all woe is me....but would be really good to hear from someone going through somet

I'm sorry to read your news blu. It is really tough when you don't get the outcome you expect. Try not to lose hope as hard as it is and take care of yourself x
    I'm so sorry Kate83 it is completely unfair and so heartbreaking when our hopes are crushed with a bfn.The pressure on any marriage going through ongoing fertility treatment is tough but try to keep talking and stay strong together. Take care we are all heartbroken for you xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    [QUOTE=Cole77;8625447]
    Quote Originally Posted by Kate83 View Post

I'm so sorry Kate83 it is completely unfair and so heartbreaking when our hopes are crushed with a bfn.The pressure on any marriage going through ongoing fertility treatment is tough but try to keep talking and stay strong together. Take care we are all heartbroken for you xx
    Thanks cole for some reason my post fidnt work properly. I was replying to @Blu as it her that is her that has just come back and not had success.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies just looking for some advice. We have found two proven donors we like and the dr has come back with their history. One produced 16 eggs which resulted in two embryos being transferred and a single pregnancy nothing to freeze.
    The other already has her own son and has recently donated and produced 25 eggs with a number of embryos to freeze but hasn't transferred as this isn't happening until 2017. Do you think the second donor would be ok even though she hasn't transferred?
    Thanks we are just really nervous chiding again after what happened last time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Kate83 i would prob go with the second donor. Do you know the maturity rate how many went to.blast? Cfc are quite strict around freezing quality which is good.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to midnite01 For This Useful Post:

MysticFalls  (22-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Kate83 personally, I think the second one sounds more promising - did they mention how many were frozen and what grade they were?
    Here's some pics which may be helpful re grading x
    IMG_1482382513.336003.jpg
    IMG_1482382577.534622.jpg

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Minniemin For This Useful Post:

Katielsa  (23-12-2016),kylie764  (23-12-2016)