Closed Thread
Page 38 of 100 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kate83 View Post
    Hi ladies

Just wondering if anyone has had a reaction to the gestone after they have stopped using it. I had some brusing while i was using it but stopped last Thursday and today have woken up with a red hot rash where the sites were and lots of lumps. Just wondering if anyone has anything similar?
    I had a similar reaction after I stop taking Gestone.. I had an angry itchy welt for a month or two after I stopped taking it. I was told to take some antihistamine to reduce the itching if I wanted. It eventually went away but there was no way I wAs gonna use gestone again. Good luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there....sorry for posting 3 times I thought it hadn't worked....my temperature has gone up but I tested again this morning but again its negative.....I'm about to have acupuncture this morning....probably a waste of time and effort....had I known that using a donor was going to be so hard I may never have gone there....accepting that you can't use your own eggs is hard enough but I really thought this would be a lot easier...how silly was I...thanks for your support anyway....I don't post often as I try not to obsess...does anyone have any thoughts in regards to having the endo biopsy...does this seem like the next logical step as it seems like an implantation issue...would you think?....I also used a clinic in Johannesburg....Medfem.....I think if we were to do it again we would use a clinic in Cape Town.....Johannesburg isn't that flash...do you think it would make much difference where we would go?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Ruby2015 For This Useful Post:

AdelMum  (19-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Cole77 View Post
    First hurdle cleared! We got 15 eggs, now the waiting game begins
    We've got 12 embies growing at day 3 transfer scheduled for Monday.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cole77 For This Useful Post:

AdelMum  (19-12-2016),midnite01  (17-12-2016),Minniemin  (18-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Cole77 View Post
    We've got 12 embies growing at day 3 transfer scheduled for Monday.
    Great news!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Cole - that is great news ! Fingers crossed that you get a bunch of blasto's out of that !

Ruby - it is a bit of a shock when you realise DE is no less hard than OE cycles - the majority of us know the devastation of a failed DE cycle as well as a OE cycles. My suggestion to EVERYONE thinking of trying DE cycles is to research the IVF pregnancy rates for the age of the donor as that will give you a realistic expectation of success for each cycle. As much as we would love DE cycles to be a one off magic pill, the reality is that they are just a cycle with a younger egg albeit we often add the extra stuff in like clexane etc which we believe will improve success rates. I was told by both Dr M in Aus and Dr LeR in SA that I should allow 3 DE cycles to see if we had success and if after 3 cycles I was still not pregnant then to stop and reassess whether DE really was the solution. Dr M was also keen on reviewing after each cycle and tweaking but I was lucky that while it took me 3 cycles to result in a live birth, it was just the last one where I introduced Dr M to the mix where I got lasting success.

I think you should also ask the clinic what their success rates are for whatever you are doing with them (eg donor sperm/own sperm, Day 3/Day 5 trfr, fresh/frozen sperm, Mthr matches etc). I think we often get used to the fact that in Aus the clinics don't talk success rates much. CFC in Cape Town for eg are very open about their success/failure rates which I found reassuring because it meant they understand what they are doing and have done it enough to have consistent data to measure.

Do your acupuncture, and retest ! If it is still a BFN then take the time to grieve about it. Look after your mental and physical health and have a good think about your next steps. If you do need to borrow money or apply to get it from your Super etc then take the time in between to get yourself into the best possible place you can be. Maybe change your lifestyle for the better if there is anything that can be moderated, take some supplements like Vit E etc to maximise your lining, etc - you know , just things that are entirely within our own control, not costly and can have a positive impact on pregnancy rates. Maybe do some research about other agencies/clinics..... I suppose I am just saying it can be worthwhile investing 6 months in resting/recuperating and preparing for another cycle to maximise your chances. I also believe in having a plan for if it doesn't work out eg knowing the point/cut off for you when you are able to move on with your life without a/another baby. Don't make it 'when I run out of money' as I know that would leave me angry and really not reconciled to moving on. Unless you are over 45, there really is enough time to stop and save up $$$ for another cycle even if it takes 5 years.

I know you and many others could be sitting here reading above and dismissing it as just diatribe or 'she doesn't understand'. I know I do understand as does everyone who has been through this process.

I wish everyone the joy of taking home a live baby but I don't believe in giving false hope. There are women who have been on this site and off to SA multiple times who don't have a baby as a result and they will live with that but the important thing is they did absolutely everything they were comfortable with to achieve a baby. BUT this is the season of hope and Donor Eggs are the embodiment of hope.

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Cathy69 For This Useful Post:

AdelMum  (19-12-2016),Cole77  (18-12-2016),kylie764  (18-12-2016),midnite01  (18-12-2016),Minniemin  (18-12-2016),Ruby2015  (18-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I meant to write back as I realised that I would put off potential candidates for egg donation....this has been my journey but I know of many many success stories....and yes all your advice is very true and correct and everything I have been thinking....but Thankyou anyway for taking the time to say it...all the best to everyone...Xx
    Last edited by Ruby2015; 18-12-2016 at 16:30.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ruby2015 For This Useful Post:

AdelMum  (19-12-2016),Cathy69  (18-12-2016),Cole77  (19-12-2016),Minniemin  (18-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Guys thoughts in best egg donation agencies to go with in SA? I've a sheet of 6 too choose from do I email all of them or some of them? Also do I need to see my FS even if he isn't doing the IVF here for us? I know I need to have a booster shot of LIT as my husband and I share DQ alpha genes but he doesn't do that anyway.
    I will be ringing the Monash tomorrow and try and speak with him but I don't want to have to pay to see him if I don't need to apart from the fact it takes months to get into him.
    You'll have to forgive me another path to go down and I'm tired of the journey. I know you have all said it's easier than you would think it's just getting started. Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry one more question did anyone go to the Czech Republic ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Jojosniss View Post
    Guys thoughts in best egg donation agencies to go with in SA? I've a sheet of 6 too choose from do I email all of them or some of them? Also do I need to see my FS even if he isn't doing the IVF here for us? I know I need to have a booster shot of LIT as my husband and I share DQ alpha genes but he doesn't do that anyway.
    I will be ringing the Monash tomorrow and try and speak with him but I don't want to have to pay to see him if I don't need to apart from the fact it takes months to get into him.
    You'll have to forgive me another path to go down and I'm tired of the journey. I know you have all said it's easier than you would think it's just getting started. Xx
    Hi love,

Have a look at the accredited agencies - pretty sure there is a list on the Cape Town Fertility Clinic website.
    Gift Ov Life, aBabySA and Nurture are a few that spring to mind but there are a few more good ones. The important thing is choosing a good donor that feels right to you.
    My FS had nothing to do with my DE experience. I got my medical plan from CFC and went to my GP for scripts - BUT if you have some issues or complications that need monitoring you may need to involve your FS at this end. Best to speak to him first maybe.

Once you've contacted CFC (if that's where you're going) and chosen your donor it will all fall into place xxx

PS there is a Czech Rebublic donor thread on here just like this one xxx

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Minniemin For This Useful Post:

Jojosniss  (18-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2015 View Post
    I meant to write back as I realised that I would put off potential candidates for egg donation....this has been my journey but I know of many many success stories....and yes all your advice is very true and correct and everything I have been thinking....but Thankyou anyway for taking the time to say it...all the best to everyone...Xx
    Hugs to you love. ❤️
    It's a tough road x