Closed Thread
Page 34 of 100 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I don't have immune issues but Wazza still had me on Prednisone feldene clexane and his mix of drugs so was (am still )medicated to the hilt . My first donor didn't perform very well and was not allowed to donate again as only produced 2 blasts. I had one put in, I reacted to the injectable progesterone and bfn. Second trip had an endo scratch before and resulted in a bfp that ended in mc. Third trip had another endo scratch before and a new donor and resulted in a bfp. Have 10 frosties is SA too now. Currently 5 weeks pregnant. Success rates are high and even more so if you have multiple embies put in.. I have a 2 yr old with own eggs so have only been doing single transfers. CFC only charge $700 to go back to have a frostie put in.. So u only have that cost plus meds and travel to get yr frosties put in . The journey is no where near as scary once you get on it. Feel free to private message me if you have any further questions . We are all here for your questions.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to kylie764 For This Useful Post:

Minniemin  (13-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Jojosniss View Post
    Oh I love these stories Mrs Erin. Congratulations on both your babies. Did our FS have a problem with you choosing SA? Also do you mind me asking did you have a few tries before you fell pregnant with you first bubba? How did you know which donor to choose? So sorry about all the questions xo
    No, he seemed fine with it. We wanted to choose our own donor as that was important to me, given I'm very tall and wanted a tall donor. He does support people going to SA, even if it's not his preference, or at least he did when I was seeing him.

We were very lucky to have been successful first go, resulting in our daughter, and then again successful second time with a FET that resulted in our son.

In choosing a donor we figured out what criteria was important to us and trawled through the profiles from all agencies. We ran our choices past our CFC FS for his thoughts. I also sent my photo to the agencies so they could find matches but, personally I'm a bit dubious as to whether they really thought about whether that person looked like me. It did help to narrow things down though.

I didn't use proven/unproven as a criteria, but a lot of people do for good reason.

All in all, we had a difficult time choosing a donor. A few fell through for all sorts of reasons and one we were going to proceed with turned out to have a very low AMH for her age and it was recommended we didn't proceed with her. This all happened late in the piece and the agency helped us quickly to find the donor we eventually went with, who had just come back on the books. I think, had we seen her before, we would have chosen her anyway. I think others here will agree that some donors just really resonate with you and you know they're 'the one'.

Best of luck to you, and I'm happy to answer any more questions, either here, by PM or phone.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MrsErinR For This Useful Post:

Jojosniss  (13-12-2016),keegan  (13-12-2016),Minniemin  (13-12-2016),MysticFalls  (13-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jojosniss .... I went 3 times to SA - 1st trip resulted in a BFP with twins but sadly I miscarried at 9 weeks. I then went almost immediately back and had the remaining frostie transferred but that was a BFN. So then I decided to go see Dr M and ;so it properly'. I did Intralipids, clexane, prednisolone and thyroxine, returned to SA 12 months after my first transfer and the result of that trip are my beautiful 11month old twins. I used different donors for the last cycle which was one of Dr M's recommendations. I chose what I call a proven donor - she had her own kids which was important to me as I had limited time age wise to keep having unsuccessful cycles. When you are talking to clinics, check what they classify as 'proven'. Most say it is a donation that results in a pregnancy (NOT necessarily a live birth) but some classify it as simply having done an egg donation cycle.

Re picking donors, after the proven thing, some people go right down to trying to match blood types, eye colour etc. I decided the donors health was the most important and general colour match for me. Other than that, it was more a gut feel. You will also find in SA that most donors classify themselves as smokers. I was concerned about this (I'm a non smoker) so I talked to Dr LeR about it and his view was that when looking at a donor in their 20's it doesn't affect egg quality.

I would suggest you sign up to a few of the egg donation agencies and have a look around the donors, costs, etc. There is no obligation and the staff at the agencies are so helpful and they don't get offended when you go with another agency etc.

I can't talk more highly about CFC and Dr LeR - I had loads of email conversations with both Dr LeR and his nurse - asking questions, clarifying things and just general questions etc. Dr LeR and CFC were the clinic that had the first live birth from a donor egg in the world. They are pretty good at what they do !

I had 2 embryo's transferred and that was my decision, Dr LeR was fine about it and in fact Dr M had suggested I have 3 transferred if I could but I couldn't do that even if it was a choice ! You can have 3embryos transferred in Greece and in fact that appears quite common. I know 2 girls that have been to Greece and both had 3 embryo's transferred. One is pregnant with twins, the other had a singleton.

I didn't use a FS n Australia - just Dr M for the immune stuff. I got a local bulk billing Medical Clinic to give me all my scripts and ultrasound requests and they were OK to do it all as long as I produced the email from Dr LeR specifying what he wanted me to do.

It is all a big decision and you won't understand it until you have a baby in your arms (hopefully - DE is no more guaranteed than a normal pregnancy) but in hindsight it isn't anywhere near as hard or scary as it seems at the start of the journey.

6. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Cathy69 For This Useful Post:

Cole77  (13-12-2016),emski72  (13-12-2016),Jojosniss  (13-12-2016),keegan  (13-12-2016),kylie764  (13-12-2016),mardicharli  (13-12-2016),midnite01  (13-12-2016),Minniemin  (13-12-2016),Tittle  (20-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    oh fruck fruck fruck.

Im going to have hypnosis to see if i can get over my fear of flying. You can put in 3! oh man i would do that in a heartbeat. wow. how cool. Bloomin heck. i dont think i will by sufficently hypnotised to fly to SA but hopefully QLD. I read that and had to reply. Bugger why doesn't QLD at least do double transfers. I wonder if i can push the FS to do it?

These ladies are full of such great information. A god send.

bright blessings.
    Mysticfalls

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Jojosniss View Post
    Hello ladies, I am 34 and have just had my 7th round of IVF which failed. My FS wants me to do egg donor in Greece but we would prefer to do it in South Africa. I'm just after some information on please. We also have DQ alpha gene shares and I have NK killer cells. We hope this will help us achieve our dream we are just so nervous about it.
    Thank you
    Hey Jojosniss we have done numerous cycles (10+) in oz with no success. We have also done a few cycles through Monash IVF using donor eggs from The world egg bank (TWEB). Whilst this may have worked for some it was really unsuccessful for us and we were extremely disappointed with the egg quality. Our FS suggested fresh donor cycles and recommended either Greece or SA. We explored both but ended up choosing SA for these reasons closer, English speaking country and we got to choose our donor.

My recommendation is to learn about both and choose what feels right for you. I'd recommend registering with a few donor agencies. CFC will send you a list of affiliated agencies.

We went with Nuture and I found them to be very professional and we'll set up for international patients. We did have a pretty significant hiccup when an internal admin error 10 weeks out from travelling had my details accidentally sent to our donor resulting in a cancelled cycle however they rectified the situation and found another donor to meet our time frames.

We are over here in Cape Town now and we are really impressed with Dr Matabese (Dr T) she is wonderful and we are really comfortable with our decision to come to CFC. Fingers crossed it all works out.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cole77 For This Useful Post:

Jojosniss  (13-12-2016),Minniemin  (13-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck @Cole77. Sending baby dust your way. My Dr was Dr H at CFC and I have found him really nice too. Dr L R has done 2 of my transfers with Dr H away on 2 occasions. I was upfront with Dr H that I would be using Wazza protocol after reacting to gestone and Dr Heylen has been fine with that. Wazza coordinates my oversea cycles.. Monitors results bloods write scripts etc which is really convenient as I only ever have to email or call and it is organised pronto without me ever having to visit a gp etc, He charges less than $200 for subsequent overseas donor cycling (first one about $350) and is worth the money spent.. Though I believe FS charge more or alternatively you could just go to any gp. Good luck again.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to kylie764 For This Useful Post:

Cole77  (14-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    How are you going over there @Cole77?
    @Jojosniss Just as the other ladies have said.. It all seems so strange and overwhelming in the beginning, and the further along you get in your journey, the easier it all becomes.. Honestly!
    I can't speak highly enough of the caring and professional staff at CFC.
    Remember, we all started, just like you, going through infertility and multiple sh1tty treatments, feeling sad and wondering what to do.
    I think we must all be people who won't take no for an answer!

Anyway.. Like everyone else said, we can all relate and we are all here if you have any questions xxx

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Minniemin For This Useful Post:

Cole77  (14-12-2016),Jojosniss  (13-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you all for all your answers and sharing your experiences with me. Will read through all the paper work this weekend when we get a chance to sit down together. I'm sure I will be back with more questions xoxox

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Jojosniss For This Useful Post:

Cole77  (14-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Minniemin View Post
    How are you going over there @Cole77?
    @Jojosniss Just as the other ladies have said.. It all seems so strange and overwhelming in the beginning, and the further along you get in your journey, the easier it all becomes.. Honestly!
    I can't speak highly enough of the caring and professional staff at CFC.
    Remember, we all started, just like you, going through infertility and multiple sh1tty treatments, feeling sad and wondering what to do.
    I think we must all be people who won't take no for an answer!

Anyway.. Like everyone else said, we can all relate and we are all here if you have any questions xxx
    Hi Minniemin the weather in Cape Town is beautiful and there is so much to do to keep us occupied! Our donor is having her egg retrieval tomorrow so we will know a bit more then. Just trying to stay relaxed and take in the sights! I'm all about silver linings, if infertility hadn't been our lot in life I doubt I would have ever visited here and that would have been a real shame as we are really enjoying it. Thinking of you too - how are you going?

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cole77 For This Useful Post:

Jojosniss  (15-12-2016),Minniemin  (14-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    @Minniemin are you going to POAS?