Closed Thread
Page 27 of 100 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I got some gestone compounded in Oz.. Enough for 4 days so I could fly out after egg pick up. I am in Perth.. Was $30 each vial.. Which was enough for 2 days. Bloody expensive. The stuff they supply at cfc comes from India. I did recall it being supplied a bit cheaper than this from the east coast. I ended up reacting to gestone.. Had a huge welt come up on my butt that got itchier and itchier as time progressed. Dr waz has me on 3 x 400 mg progesterone pessaries.. Which was later upped to 4 per day in my last pregnancy that ended in a miscarriage. 40 x 400mg pessaries cost me $91 from a local compounding pharmacy. An alternative is lupron which I think is given in the belly., but I didn't to this as I thought pessaries ( with 30 min lay down time) better. Good luck with what ever you decide.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks emski72 it has been hard to deal with. This is our first time at ivf so all a but daunting. We have frozen sperm in case we do need to come back. Thanks again for your positive wishes.

Quote Originally Posted by emski72 View Post
    Hi Kate83 sorry to hear it's gone a bit pearshaped on you - but it can work out. Plenty of day 3 transfers work and plenty of ordinary blasts work, it's just really hard to deal with when it's you who is in the middle of it all. Trust me I know!! I really hope it works for you - and do leave a sample of sperm over there, even if now you think you wouldn't ever go back or couldn't face another cycle etc. right now, it would save a lot of costs down the line should you have to go back (you can go alone, go for a shorter amount of time etc.). But I have everything crossed for you that your early blast is the one!
    Em x

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Katielsa For This Useful Post:

AdelMum  (06-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Kyle764
    Thanks for this. It is always nice to hear a positive story.

Good luck to you too x

Quote Originally Posted by kylie764 View Post
    Hi Kate83

My 2 yr DD from OE was the result of 5 day double transfer where the best was a compacting morula.. Not yet a blast.. So you are still in with a chance. I know how discouraging even using a ED can be. My first one had 12 at EPu with 2 blasts at day 5. My second had 22 at EPu and 11 blasts at day 5. It really is a gamble! Good luck!

Oh the comment about leaving sperm.. Good idea. The last 2 times I have been to SA I have only stayed 4 nights..so quick trip in and out. Last trip was a bit fine though.. I flew in at 9 and transfer was at 12 noon the same day. Booked flights only when I knew lining was ok., on my day 9 scan and bloods... Just in case!

Good luck for yr 2ww

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Cathy that is good to know as he didn't explain that yesterday he just said there is nothing to freeze.

Thanks for your well wishes too x

Quote Originally Posted by Cathy69 View Post
    And don't forget (or be shocked) everyone that CFC are very strict on what they will freeze. In Aus, we tend to freeze whatever looks OK but CFC only freeze embryo's they are confident will thaw and be able to be transferred later. I found it a real psychological adjustment but their argument is that they don't want to bring a patient back on an overseas trip form something they don't believe will have the best chance of thawing/resulting in pregnancy. There is a clinic in Jo'burg that is even stricter but my brain is refusing to remind me of their name.

Sending lots of sticky baby dust for you Kate83.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Katielsa For This Useful Post:

Cathy69  (02-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kate83

Whilst it is disappointing for you I hope sincerely one or two of them implant!

Hugs fingers crossed for a BFP!

I have decided not to fly to SA I'm a chicken I still stalk the threads.

Mysticfalls

8. The Following User Says Thank You to MysticFalls For This Useful Post:

Minniemin  (05-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    @Minniemin how are you going?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

Minniemin  (05-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ditto from me! Does SIM card work?
    PS Use all credit as I hope I wont be needing it again!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Tittle For This Useful Post:

Minniemin  (05-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone, I haven't had much time to read what everyone is up to, I was going to write yesterday but fell asleep at 9pm. Jet lagged Nana!
    Not much to report yet - tomorrow is retrieval day so fingers crossed. I can't believe how lovely and personal the staff are at CFC compared to Monash. It's like another world.. Dr Le Roux seems considerate, professional and actually involved. @emski72 are you taking your little one with you when you go in Jan? If so, make sure you take her original birth certificate. Apparently this is a new law when entering and departing South Africa. We didn't know, and we were refused boarding and turned away. So, sooo stressful. We thankfully managed to fly a day later, and luckily it didn't affect our appointment at CFC. Nightmare!
    Anyway, we made it, it's sunny and gorgeous as ever, and hopefully tomorrow I'll have some (good) news. @Tittle I haven't used it yet but will try it today! Thank you. And of course you won't be needing it again!! @Blu are you still in Durban?
    xxxx hope everyone else is going well

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Cole77 View Post
    I just wanted to thank everyone for sharing their experiences in going to SA for treatment. I have referred to this thread a few times over the past months and have taken great tips and confidence from your discussions. We head to Cape Town next weekend to hopefully fulfill our dreams. Thank you as I'm not sure I might have been brave enough to do this if I hadn't taken such comfort and confidence from you all sharing your experiences xx
    Best of luck to you lovely! It's a big brave move, and hopefully it brings you a gorgeous little Bub! xxxx

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Minniemin For This Useful Post:

Cole77  (08-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Minniemin View Post
    Hi everyone, I haven't had much time to read what everyone is up to, I was going to write yesterday but fell asleep at 9pm. Jet lagged Nana!
    Not much to report yet - tomorrow is retrieval day so fingers crossed. I can't believe how lovely and personal the staff are at CFC compared to Monash. It's like another world.. Dr Le Roux seems considerate, professional and actually involved. @emski72 are you taking your little one with you when you go in Jan? If so, make sure you take her original birth certificate. Apparently this is a new law when entering and departing South Africa. We didn't know, and we were refused boarding and turned away. So, sooo stressful. We thankfully managed to fly a day later, and luckily it didn't affect our appointment at CFC. Nightmare!
    Anyway, we made it, it's sunny and gorgeous as ever, and hopefully tomorrow I'll have some (good) news. @Tittle I haven't used it yet but will try it today! Thank you. And of course you won't be needing it again!! @Blu are you still in Durban?
    xxxx hope everyone else is going well
    Oh no,i knew that but didn't realise you were taking a child with you or I would have said something. The Law changed just before we went last time.
    Glad you sorted it out x

17. The Following User Says Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

Minniemin  (06-12-2016)