Page 23 of 100 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    @kylie764 congrats on being pupo!!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Lolly99 For This Useful Post:

kylie764  (27-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats Kylie - 9 frosties is a great haul ! Enjoy the movies and fabulous food.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cathy69 For This Useful Post:

kylie764  (27-11-2016),Minniemin  (25-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Good luck Kylie! I'm having a very low key trip too x

6. The Following User Says Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

kylie764  (27-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Had a very nice breakfast at Jarryds @ 90 Regents rd Sea point.. But of retail therapy at The Point and now back resting with a magazine.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Im in awe of you ladies being able to fly. I may have to do the option b with the ladies flying to Australia and at QFG. I have heard good things and not so good things about it. Thanks maxswellmum for the information though. \

it sounds as though its a better set up going overseas but Im a chicken with flying.

congratulations on being PUPO Kylie!! for you and embie.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Much cheaper n quite easy to organise a trip to SA. Is it all flying that is a problem or just long haul flights? Could you start seeing a therapist about your fear of flying? I couldnt imagine a life without flying. I have taken over 30 flight segments in the last year with 3 trips to SA 3 to thailand and 2 to brisbane. My 2 year old has taken 30 plus flights in her lifetime. Once I have my frosties in SA.. I can look at shipping to thailand if I am sick of all the flying back and forth with long haul flights to SA. I am so over flying though!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Egg Donation in South Africa #14

Oh I'm a huge chicken with all flights Kylie 25mg of Valium still has me in tears but ok.

Only once has hubby taken a photo of me with a smile on my face once!

I have never been on a plane for more than one hour!

Will reply with an extended response on computer.

Mysticfalls
    Last edited by MysticFalls; 25-11-2016 at 08:08.

Thanks
    Reviews
    You've been on plane .. So good on you @MysticFalls. I would consult yr gp and explain the situation in regards to your anxiety over flying impacting yr life and ultimately your ability to have a child. 5 visits to a pschychologist per year can be covered by Medicare if referred to them under a mental health plan instigated via a gp. This may help reduce your anxiety.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kylie

$hit I typed a big one and lost it.

OK here goes again.

I have travelled to sydney via the Mt Victoria pass. I used to drive this albeit with swear words a plenty and gripping the wheel tightly. The more I have travelled this road the worse its become!!! So much so I now get dropped off by hubby at Lithgow and recommence the car journey at blackheath.

I love sydney so much its not funny and if someone said I will give you a house in Sydney for free at the place of your choosing if you would just inch worm your way up the centre of the road would you. HELL NO!!!! I have seen cyclist riding up and down this road and I think are you absolutely mad!! I can’t do it in a car, you would be on the very edge of that road with a small brick wall (probably heritage). If they enclosed that road in a tunnel I would be happy to travel it but the wall is probably fricken heritage.

Now as a new graduate nurse we got to choose what we would like to do for one day out. I stupidly chose air ambulance!!! Yeah I know extremely stupid of me!! I was thinking hey I get a free trip and figure out if I like flying. Oh hells bells it was a tiny plane and I nearly died!!!

Then I took a train trip to the north coast of NSW and then my first commercial flight from Brisbane. I was crying at take off, the children were laughing at me and the nice cabin crew from virgin sat near me to help. The comedy channel helped.

The next trip was with then Boy/f to noosa and back. He wanted to take me to new zealand but I had no passport. He had no idea of my fear. Brrrrr the sound of the landing gear coming up nearly $hit myself. On the way back I had to use the bathroom, never done this before and I was so nervous.

Then Melbourne with hubby. His idea was to get me drunk before flight and I was until I stepped onto the plane. Then I was as sober as a judge! It was an overcast day, I have only taken off in perfect weather before. It was bumpy and I was$hitting myself so much so the cabin crew let me take my valium from the overhead luggage. Coming into melbourne the plane was taking little step downs. Dip level out, dip level out, dip level out. I nearly threw up.

Then on the way back to sydney. It was very windy and I have seen those planes going sideways on those programs. So on the bus I took 5mg of valium, then 5mg at the air port. Then I seen the wind sock going hell for leather. So in the bathroom I took 10mg of valium hubby had no idea. The before boarding I took 5mg more. We commence boarding $hit $hit $hit, and here begins my rehersal I have to do. We’re going, we’re going, we’re going, we’re up, we’re up oh $hit. Cue tears. Once up I started looking out the window and was like seeing the small farms in between the clouds. Its the only time my hubby snapped a photo of me smiling on a plane. We arrive in sydney and I said that the best flight I have taken and wanted to do it again. I thought I would sleep like a baby having taken so much valium. Nope not at all.

So Im in awe of you lovely ladies who can fly. I wish I could so much because it would be cheaper to do it in south africa. But having said that I would ONLY fly qantas and british airways!!! So maybe not as cheap as someone who will fly any airline.

If I could go in a submarine I would be fine!!! I would like that very much over flying. I don’t think a psychologist could help me the more I was exposed to Mt victoria pass the worse it got, not better.

Does the flights to SA ever get bumpy or do you dip greatly in planes??? I would die.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mysticfalls.. Despite your fear of flying.. You have still flown and survived. A pschylogist can most certainly help you by getting the anxiety under control. They will give you strategies and do exercises with you over a period of time that modifies your internal self talk. They will give you other tips to deal with your fears like using sound cancelling headphones to block out the noise. I encourage you to open your mind and this situation can be overcome by seeing a professional. They are trained to help mpeople overcome fears.

Yes flights can get bumpy... But as long as you have your seat belt on.. It is not a problem. I am from Perth and given an option to fly to SA.. First choice is SOuth African airwsys as it is the shortest.. Then Singapore airlines as I love flying Singapore airlines. But from Sydney.. Qantas fly direct.. So that is probably a good option.

Other alternatives are via boat.. Eg the QE11 go perth to Cape Town about once a year.. But then not sure how u would get home. Another boat.

There is Dr Wazza option.. But u will need to go to Brisbsne for that. Long drive or a flight anyway. More expensive at $25 k

Look for a local donor.

I suppose it is just how badly you want a baby! 5 Medicare covered psych sessions is where I would start!

Good luck in what ever you decide is right for you.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to kylie764 For This Useful Post:

Minniemin  (25-11-2016)