Closed Thread
Page 21 of 100 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Cathy69 and @Lolly99 thanks so much ladies for all this valuable info..
    Definitely sensible advice having an insurance policy.
    I have requested the Embryoscope and it's been 'noted on my file' but apparently it's subject to availability.
    I've still got 2 boxes of crinone pessaries left over (Never did make it to 12 days past transfer) - are they they same as the gel? What is the Gestone for? Sorry if these are really dumb questions. I probably should just look it up, but it's always nice to hear it from a human experience.

It's very reassuring knowing you both had good experiences at CFC. It's scary for a first timer like me, so every positive story makes a difference.

xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Minniemin - ask all the questions you can, it is better to be informed than in the dark (in most cases ! ) and it is lovely for us 'oldies' to be able to help as others did for us !

Gestone are the progesterone injections that CFC want you to do from egg collection onwards. They will show you how to inject it into your butt (sounds awful but once you have done one it is fine - you may want to get some EMLA cream in SA just from a chemist not CFC. It is a lidocaine based cream that numbs your injection spot. I used it but others have said they thought it was a waste of time but if you do get it - SA is about 50% cheaper than Aus per tube ie $35 compared to $70).

I am not aware of Crinone Pesseries, only the gel but there are tonnes of progesterone pesseries around most are made by compounding pharmacists - I think only 1 or 2 commercial brands which tend to be more expensive. The Crinone gel is in an applicator that you insert vaginally and CFC usually say after a certain period of time (about 3-4 weeks post transfer if I remember correctly ???) then you have 2 weeks of alternating Gestone injections and Crinone Gel (or pesseries if you prefer) then you are on Crinone until 8 or so weeks. All the progesterone is to tell your body you are pregnant and try to maintain the pregnancy, CFC use it a lot longer than FS prescribe it in Aus, and at a much higher dose. It is really testing my memory but I think Gestone is about 4 times the strength of a pesserie or Crinone stick.

Your personal plan from CFC will have all the medication stuff in it so don't stress about it but it is good to do some research before you go so that you can do things like buying extra if you want to lengthen the Gestone etc.

To give you an idea what we are meaning when we say we took Gestone a lot longer than CFC suggested .... they say to about 8 weeks - I did a daily injection until 17 weeks so you can see why it is worthwhile buying it in SA and having it laying around. I then used Crinone and Pesseries in various combinations until about 26 weeks at the request of Dr M who I was seeing for Immune issues.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Cathy69 For This Useful Post:

mardicharli  (19-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy69 View Post
    Minniemin - ask all the questions you can, it is better to be informed than in the dark (in most cases ! ) and it is lovely for us 'oldies' to be able to help as others

Your personal plan from CFC will have all the medication stuff in it so don't stress about it but it is good to do some research before you go so that you can do things like buying extra if you want to lengthen the Gestone etc.

To give you an idea what we are meaning when we say we took Gestone a lot longer than CFC suggested .... they say to about 8 weeks - I did a daily injection until 17 weeks so you can see why it is worthwhile buying it in SA and having it laying around. I then used Crinone and Pesseries in various combinations until about 26 weeks at the request of Dr M who I was seeing for Immune issues.
    Cathy, thanks so much for taking the time to share this info.. It's really useful.
    Yep, the Crinone is the same - I meant applicators but wrote pessaries.
    Great suggestion re the emla cream - ive read that the Gestone injections can sting. Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Well I'm back on it girls...started Synarel on Friday night ...doing long down reg on advice from my FS here as I can't take the pill ..My donor hasn't been screened and CFC won't give me a treatment plan til she's screened...but I've still booked my flights and accommodation (changeable )..just call me a Rebel in Menopause

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

Canuck1  (21-11-2016),Lolly99  (20-11-2016),mardicharli  (20-11-2016),midnite01  (21-11-2016),Minniemin  (21-11-2016),Phia  (20-11-2016),Tittle  (22-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by emski72 View Post
    Well I'm back on it girls...started Synarel on Friday night ...doing long down reg on advice from my FS here as I can't take the pill ..My donor hasn't been screened and CFC won't give me a treatment plan til she's screened...but I've still booked my flights and accommodation (changeable )..just call me a Rebel in Menopause
    Yay emski! When do you think you will be heading over?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Lolly99 For This Useful Post:

emski72  (21-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck Emski! Wishing you all the best for this cycle.
    AFM: 13 weeks tomorrow, and starting to believe that this one may work.
    12 week ultrasound went well. Still feeling a bit queasy and tired, but happy with it all.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Canuck1 For This Useful Post:

Cathy69  (21-11-2016),EmmaJane75  (25-11-2016),Lolly99  (21-11-2016),Minniemin  (21-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolly99 View Post
    Yay emski! When do you think you will be heading over?
    Hi, mid Jan for me hopefully x

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

Lolly99  (21-11-2016),Minniemin  (21-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Canuck1 View Post
    Good luck Emski! Wishing you all the best for this cycle.
    AFM: 13 weeks tomorrow, and starting to believe that this one may work.
    12 week ultrasound went well. Still feeling a bit queasy and tired, but happy with it all.
    That's awesome! 13 weeks, yeahhhh!!
    Great news lovely.. This is what it's all about. ❤️

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Minniemin For This Useful Post:

Canuck1  (22-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yay @Canuck1. Hope the nausea eases soon for you. You should feel better in the second trimester hun. 😄
    Not long for you now @emski72 with Christmas almost here to keep you busy time will fly till you're over there 😄

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lolly99 For This Useful Post:

Canuck1  (22-11-2016),Minniemin  (22-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls (and any guys too). PM me if you are going over to capetown before the end of the year and would like to borrow a South African SIM card.....it has quite a bit of credit That will be wasted otherwise.....all you need is an unlocked phone to use with it. I think i even have cfc and a couple of cab companies numbers programmed into it!

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tittle For This Useful Post:

Lolly99  (24-11-2016),Minniemin  (22-11-2016)