Closed Thread
Page 20 of 100 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    😂 mysticfalls, you'll have to move to Brisbane. I've been struggling with hot flushes on top of some really hot weather. I've been down regulating over almost 2 months & the side effects really started to kick in 4 weeks ago, so maybe it takes time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Still no hot flushes here!
    Headaches mainly. Started the Estrofem (Progynova) today, so we'll see what's next!
    @Blu the countdown is on for you matey.. Exciting! Are you feeling organised?
    @kylie764 your trip is just around the corner too isn't it? Wishing you all the best xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not too far for me either. Just s quickie trip for me. I will be in Cape Town from 23 - 27 nov.. For a transfer on 24 nov. Have my last scan and bloods this Friday as a last check. Anyone else gonna be there at this time?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to kylie764 For This Useful Post:

Minniemin  (15-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    How are the flying out chicks going? Meant to be affectionate not flippant. Sorry gals. I'm in awe of you. I'm a terrified flyer.

Socks won't cut it I'm in thermals lol cathy69.

Blu almost had hubby at cairns house prices check jobs check. He checked the weather bugger not going. He is a hot frog and Dd is even hotter frog. They would melt just like Olaf!

But poor me let's stay in a cold climate. Yuk!

I wish all you lovelies the best of luck!!

Mysticfalls

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm really nervous actually, not of flying, but so scared that the outcome won't be positive. I don't know how I will cope.

In terms of organising, I'm trying to sort another instalment for the payments. Its so hard to know which is the most effective way to transfer, and on top of that I need to chase down a quote from the lab and sort out payment for that. I'm not sure how others go about this, I have used bank transfers up until now, but the rate is bad and there's fees on top of it. I have just registered with ozfx, but seem to have some troubles with the compliance office needing letter head in pdf. Anyway I guess all this organising is a good distraction. On a brighter side, I booked our accommodation for a game reserve, so that bit I am excited about. Hope to see some amazing animals!

I have also just increased my progynova dose, so it seems the hot flushes are easing off, but got a few headaches instead.

Kylie764 safe travels for the 23rd.
    And Mysticfalls and Minniemin good luck to you both on your pursuit of the hot flushes .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Blu you cheeky lady no hot flushes for me yet it's not a laughing matter. Lol.

I was so looking forward to some heat.

I'm just a little bit crabby and very very blunt. I call the kettle black. Hubby sits there and laughs at me.

It sounds interesting organising payments and trip. Sounds like it's a bit of a nightmare. Hopefully some of the ladies will pop in soon to give you tips to make it easier.

Mysticfalls

Hopefully get internet back again today fingers crossed

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Blu Of course you are feeling anxious about the outcome.. It's a really big deal. But as I'm sure you already know, it's amazing what strength and resilience we can find inside ourselves when difficult times arise.
    I really hope this is your time.
    For me, I'm trying not to think too much about it, and although I'll be devastated if it's not successful, at least I know I've tried. Not just 'tried', but REALLY tried, like crossed oceans and spent thousands and upturned my life tried.
    And at the end of the day, that's the best we can do.
    I'm making plans for my future if this doesn't work - things to focus on.
    But, you never know, maybe it will work.
    Booking safaris is exciting! Africa is a wonderful, magical place.
    I can't help with the money stuff - we will prob just use Visa or MasterCard.
    @kylie764 Hoping your quick trip brings you a stowaway or two for the journey home ❤️
    @MysticFalls I'll move to cairns with you and our hubbys can live in the cold

Hello to everybody else

Thanks
    Reviews
    Minniemum,

lol done lets go to queensland!!!! lol

And we are back online!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yay

telsta arghhh dummies.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Blu - re payments I just used credit cards and found that was the best rate etc available. There was 1 Egg Agency that I tried to use OzFX for and in the end cancelled the transaction as it was going to weeks for the Agency to actually receive the $$$ and they couldn't confirm anything until they received the $$$ so that wasn't for me.

While we are talking $$$ ladies .... make sure when you are in SA you buy enough (or more!) Gestone to do a FET ie 5 days worth just in case you need to go back. This way you can start off the next cycle in Aus and spend less time in SA on the return trip. It is a cheap insurance policy. Also Crinone Gel as it is considerably cheaper in SA than Aus. Progynova is cheaper in Aus than in SA but I can't remember about the Pessaries - so check out a few compounding chemists in Aus before you go and then ask the clinic when you are there. I always used far more Gestone than Dr LeR required ie for a longer period before swapping to Crinone and he was happy to OK my extra purchases at CFC. It is far easier to buy Gestone in SA and bring home than to try to get injectable Progesterone in Aus and far cheaper. Your Dr will give you a letter for any drugs you take out of SA, for border control/airlines/etc. I never had to produce the letter and travelled fairly extensively through Europe after my last cycle but again, it is an insurance policy.

Has everyone going investigated the Embryoscope ? When I went to CFc the Embryoscope was not officially being offered but they were trialling it and I know so many girls who chose to pay the extra $$$ and use it and we had a great run of success although officially, CFC were saying there was no evidence it improved success. (Embryoscope is where the lab monitors the embryos between fert and transfer via camera and do not remove them each day to look. The idea is that it reduces shock etc to the embryos and allows the technicians to monitor the way the embryo's grow not just the stage they are at ..... they may choose a slower growing embryo to transfer because it is more consistent for eg.) Anyway, I was there June last year (and access to it was limited and needed to be booked before the cycle) but 17 months later it may be de-riguer in the clinic.

Good luck to those going soon - it is scary and remember there is no guarantee of success just because it is DE but there is always HOPE and you couldn't be in better hands than at CFC in my opinion.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Cathy69 For This Useful Post:

Minniemin  (18-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good tips @Cathy69. Especially regarding the extra meds. I too used the gestone longer than required. For some reason I was terrified to stop it!! I also used embryoscope. If anyone is using embryoscope don't forget to ask for the use of the embryos! I have them and it's amazing to see.
    Had a transfer this time last year and have amazing 4 month old b/g twins as a result with three frosties.
    I found the staff very good, they know what they're doing there. I felt very safe and trusted them completely.
    Best of luck to the ladies heading over 😄

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lolly99 For This Useful Post:

Minniemin  (18-11-2016),Phia  (18-11-2016)