Closed Thread
Page 19 of 100 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Minniemin View Post
    Hi lovely,

Yes, it was all just approved yesterday, thank goodness. x
    That's fantastic news! So, DHS approved your treatment, flights and accommodation? Can I ask - are you in Melbourne, and if so, who is your FS? That's really wonderful news Minniemin. When will you travel to Cape Town?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @siansmum yes, it was all approved. My FS didn't have much to do with it all, except a generic letter of support. We went through Prof. BV at Monash.

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Minniemin For This Useful Post:

AdelMum  (05-11-2016),emski72  (05-11-2016),Phia  (18-11-2016),siansmum  (05-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Minniemin View Post
    @siansmum yes, it was all approved. My FS didn't have much to do with it all, except a generic letter of support. We went through Prof. BV at Monash.
    Minniemin, if you don't mind me asking, can you please tell me how your FS worded his/her letter of support?

I spoke to Lisa from Supercare and she told me that the most important part of my application will be my FS's supporting letter. If she doesn't word it correctly, our application won't be approved. She has to convince DHS that I can't get the same treatment in Australia.

I'd just be really interested to know how your FS did this. Hope you don't mind me asking, and please feel free to PM me if you'd prefer. Thanks Minniemin.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Egg Donation in South Africa #14

Quote Originally Posted by siansmum View Post
    Minniemin, if you don't mind me asking, can you please tell me how your FS worded his/her letter of support?

I spoke to Lisa from Supercare and she told me that the most important part of my application will be my FS's supporting letter. If she doesn't word it correctly, our application won't be approved. She has to convince DHS that I can't get the same treatment in Australia.

I'd just be really interested to know how your FS did this. Hope you don't mind me asking, and please feel free to PM me if you'd prefer. Thanks Minniemin.
    Hi @siansmum - Lisa was our Supercare contact too - she knows exactly what DHS require and will assist you with all of this - you need to show that you have exhausted all efforts here in Australia and this is the best medical choice for you. Based on age, lack of time to wait, along with the emotional toll, I'm sure yr FS would support you xxx
    Last edited by Minniemin; 06-11-2016 at 20:51.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi All,
    I haven't been on for ages, as the count down and prep for South Africa has been HECTIC(as has work). But it's less than 2 weeks and we will be arriving in South Africa, so I thought I might make a short post. I'm really struggling to manage my anxiety, and trying so hard to stay positive despite all the mood swings. It seems very difficult, as I know that this is our last hope. I feel like I have to keep this hope in check though, with all the failures up until now, I'm kind of scared of thinking about what might be if it all goes well. But so far so good in terms of the down regulating. I am now in full fledged menopause and feeling rather uncomfortable with all the hot flushes and night sweats . So I guess that is encouraging.
    I don't suppose any Australian ladies are heading over on the 19th of November? We are going to Durban, but trying to plan a few days of sight seeing in between appointments. My husband will also only be there for a week, so following that I'll be kicking around on my own.
    Anyway, I hope there's been a few success stories since I last check, and a few more to come for those of you on this crazy journey right now.
    Blu

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blu For This Useful Post:

AdelMum  (09-11-2016),Tittle  (22-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @Blu - I will be 10 days behind you.
    Sorry to hear you are feeling so anxious.. It's really hard not to sometimes though isn't it?
    I think I've (seriously) talked myself into thinking it won't work so it's just a holiday.

When did your symptoms start to kick in from the down reg drugs and which one did you take? I gave myself a depot injection last week and I've been having headaches, but not sure if it's due to the injection.
    2 weeks is not far away, and it may be the beginning of a wonderfully happy ending for you! I haven't been to Durban but I'm sure you'll find plenty to do.
    Wishing you all the luck... Keep us posted xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Minniemin,So it's exciting times ahead for us both then 🙂. Yes the anxiety is difficult to manage & I find people keep saying "be positive", not realising how hard that can be. I think for most of us, it's so painful to have our hopes dashed time & again that we just find it easier to prepare for the worst. But my fingers are crossed that it will be more than a holiday for both of us.
    I'm on syneral nasal spray for the down reg, & I started it earlier than usual. My side effects seemed to intensify about 2-3 weeks after starting & it was too late for HRT to make me comfortable. I don't know what the effect is of injections. I hope you don't get the sweats, but I can recommend carrying a hand held fan to help, plus it looks very exotic 😁. xoxo

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Blu For This Useful Post:

Minniemin  (10-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Haha great advice, every girl should own a fan!
    No sweats here yet, just headaches and emotions in full swing..

Crossing everything for both of us.
    Hopefully you get to do a safari when your hubby leaves xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh bugger poop and bum!!! I'm on syneral and no hot flushes for me I was hoping when real menopause begins I would at least get some heat! I was looking forward to getting hot, I'm a cold frog! Oh man no hotness for me. Just headache and eating arghh

Thanks
    Reviews
    Apart from a building headache, I never had any other symptoms when taking Syneral so it is interesting reading others' expectations that it would take them into Menopause. Everyone reacts differently I suppose.

You'll just have to buy socks MysticFalls ;-)