Closed Thread
Page 12 of 68 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ange1111 View Post
    We're heading up to check out donor sperm next week as we are thinking when we next cycle (in nov if FET doesn't work) then we may try half donor sperm - seems silly now that I've found out my AMH is so low and it's likely low fert rates are due to my side not his but he has always said we should not leave any stone unturned on this journey. Not to say he doesn't have any issues with it, he does. But we thought we'd have the appt and look at the profiles and then we have options - Charlotte mentioned we could do half and half donor/DPs sperm...be great if I had tonnes of eggies but we get between 4-9. Anyone else been down this path?
    Good luck honey, we didnt do donor but my ahm is very low with me only producing 3eggs max. We are 33wks preg now thanks to Wazza.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Chyna For This Useful Post:

ange1111xxx  (11-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Btae View Post
    Thanks guys. It is disappointing I won't deny that but I understand why wazza made this call. I was called to tell dh not to get on the plane and when I got back to clinic, wazza said my progesterone and LH not rising as expected. We could retrigger and go to EPU but eggs are already potentially messed up and might not be the best quality wazza wants and would end up with poor day 5 result so wazza made the call. No EPU, no FET for this cancelled cycle, we will stim again in December per wazza advice.

I am feeling okay, a little defeated as I thought this would truly be my last stim and egg numbers were looking good. But this is the nature of ivf treatment. I will be back to normal pregnyl trigger next stim.
    Awh honey big hugs xo

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Chyna For This Useful Post:

Btae  (11-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We're heading up to check out donor sperm next week as we are thinking when we next cycle (in nov if FET doesn't work) then we may try half donor sperm - seems silly now that I've found out my AMH is so low and it's likely low fert rates are due to my side not his but he has always said we should not leave any stone unturned on this journey. Not to say he doesn't have any issues with it, he does. But we thought we'd have the appt and look at the profiles and then we have options - Charlotte mentioned we could do half and half donor/DPs sperm...be great if I had tonnes of eggies but we get between 4-9. Anyone else been down this path?
    @ange1111

We did a 50/50 hubby and donor sperm cycle last year. We have significant known issues with hubby's sperm but he needed one more try and was happy to do this.

This was our 5th stim (second with warren) and we got our first ever day 5 embryos!! From Over 20 eggs none of hubby's make it past day 3/4 and we ended up with 4 donor embryos of varying quality. We got our BFP from that fresh cycle but sadly our son was stillborn in February (not related to IVF or donor). We transferred the last 3 embryos with no luck.

We are cycling again now (day 5) and will be using all donor sperm.

It was a tough decision but we are so glad we decided to try. It was our own little study and it showed that donor is our best chance of becoming parents.

It's just important to discuss what you will do if you get da 5 embryos from both your partner and donor - will you transfer DP first or best quality first etc. You can't mix them and you must know which is transferred.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to mummymaybe For This Useful Post:

ange1111xxx  (11-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @mummymaybe I wish you very best of luck with your cycle, you are under the best care! Fx for good results!!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Btae For This Useful Post:

mummymaybe  (11-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Me! Hey @Btae good you have great stim outcomes even if he did cancel the cycle. In such good hands, good for you!
    Yay cycle buddy!! Yes Wazza is amazing, I have faith he is the man who will get us the take home baby. This is universe giving me 2 more months to get everything ready.

I will be cheering for you!!

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Btae For This Useful Post:

ange1111xxx  (11-10-2016),Chyna  (11-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @mummymaybe thanks so much for sharing your experience! Oh my goodness luv I'm so sorry for your loss, one of the hardest things I can imagine going through.
    So excited for this cycle!! Are you doing same protocol as before?
    Yes thanks for the tip, I don't think DP is quite there yet but I know he so dearly wants me to be a mum (he's a daddy already and wants more). X
    Yes exactly what we did last time, long down reg cross over cycle with growth hormone. Will do all ICSI because that worked best with our donor and probably use embryoscope. As Warren said, why change what worked.

It took us months to decide to use a donor, we took about 6 months without any IVF and just talked and talked. It's a huge decision and you need to be ok with it. This is tough when your AMH is low I'm sure.

After 3 years of trying we decided we care much more about having a baby than how it happens. Genes just aren't important to us anymore. I would use donor eggs (my sister has offered) if we needed them.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mummymaybe For This Useful Post:

ange1111xxx  (11-10-2016),Chyna  (11-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Grace1 yes that's it. It feels long because that first month you just wait for day 20. The actual stim takes the same time. I never got good results with short cycles.
    @pingc383 the main advantage is that the embryos remain at a stable temperature rather than being pulled in and out of the freezer. I guess you could ring more but I doubt anything more than daily updates would tell you much.

We got our growth hormone from Warren, I can't remember the dose but I know it was the cheapest option.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mummymaybe For This Useful Post:

ange1111xxx  (11-10-2016),Grace1  (11-10-2016),pingc383  (11-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @pingc383 - Hi hun I have requested the embryoscope on all 3 of my cycles with Warren, unfortunately the first time it was booked up so no room for me however they have since bought another one so more availability. The advantage of it is the scientists can look in on the embies through a video link so no disturbance of taking them out of the best environment and exposing them to unatural environment. Also they can watch a video of each embies development therefore having more information when deciding which embie to put back. Unfortunately though no you cant watch the video yourself you can get updates daily but last cycle I only rang for them every few days. I have also used the Scitropin in the past hin but sorry I cant remember the vial size, I am using Saizen this cycle.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Heyside For This Useful Post:

ange1111xxx  (11-10-2016),Grace1  (11-10-2016),pingc383  (11-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @pingc383 not at all :-) thanks for all the info and taking the time to write it all out :-)
    Last edited by gorgeousgeorge; 11-10-2016 at 19:09.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to gorgeousgeorge For This Useful Post:

pingc383  (11-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Is anyone else here on 200mg progesterone pessaries? Can I ask how much you're paying and where from? I'm currently paying $90 for 30 at my life my health compounding pharmacy at Spring Hill which was cheapest last time I rang around- but my OB said there's a new product you can get from regular (i.e. not compounded) chemists that's much cheaper. I've rang around but all the prices I've been quoted are far more expensive, so thought I'd ask you ladies

20. The Following User Says Thank You to softshellcrab For This Useful Post:

ange1111xxx  (12-10-2016)