+ Reply to Thread
Page 67 of 72 FirstFirst ... 17576566676869 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Called my OB the other day to book in my c-section eeekkkk kind of made my mind up this is the least risky option of induction or c-section. Hoping he'll make an appearance by himself really but being first baby I hear it's unlikely

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @Gingerlion dates masks it very real doesn't it! I've got less than 6 weeks to go, at the absolute latest!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to AmyEL For This Useful Post:

Gingerlion  (21-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Gingerlion still very nauseated, back on zofran and maxalon. At least I have an end date.

Booking in a date makes it very real. My last caesarean while bad for lots of reasons was ok. Post op I found the recovery fine I was reasonably active within 2 weeks. I know there are horror stories but I know so many women who have had great experiences.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Omg @AmyEL less than 6 weeks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mummymaybe View Post
    @Gingerlion still very nauseated, back on zofran and maxalon. At least I have an end date.

Booking in a date makes it very real. My last caesarean while bad for lots of reasons was ok. Post op I found the recovery fine I was reasonably active within 2 weeks. I know there are horror stories but I know so many women who have had great experiences.
    @mummymaybe that sounds awful! I've talked with both indcuctees and c-sectioners and have heard so many horror stories about both ways. What annoys me is that I have no natural birth option as that's what I want. But with statistics showing that 40% of inductions lead to emergency c-sections and having seen it happen to lots of friends we've decided that whilst the recovery might be longer we don't want to risk any issues with an induction (only for the baby tho not me). We've been trying for so long we just want a healthy baby which has swayed the decision for us.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by AmyEL View Post
    @Gingerlion dates masks it very real doesn't it! I've got less than 6 weeks to go, at the absolute latest!
    @AmyEL It does. OB suddenly brought the delivery date forward by 2 weeks dependant on availability at the hospital which I find scary. At least once it's booked it's in. If I change my mind we can cancel it. I'm really hoping he arrives by himself but the earlier they book that date in the less chance of that there is!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Gingerlion & @mummymaybe my OB is away for 10 days when I'm 37w till 38w3d so I'm booked in at 39w3d so it's pretty late for 3rd c-section, most would do at 38w... but I'm hoping he'll do it before is leave, Bub is very big (90th %) and my blood pressure (I'm on gone 'rest' for this) has been up along with irritable uterus so there are a few reasons... but at the most bubs will be here in less than 40 days!
    @Gingerlion planned c-sections are very calm, I've had 2 & my recovery has been great, the key is to use the pain meds to move as soon as you can, the more you move the less stiff you'll be & the quicker you'll feel back to normal

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF babies due June/July/August 2017

@AmyEL wow! Your OB has great timing! Thanks for the reassurance on the c-sec. tbh I'm scared about both ways. The risks seem to be great either way! Why do they make it so hard because of age! I've had two surgeries for endo albeit keyhole and I know it's gonna hurt big time. I'll try to keep movement at the forefront of my mind.

Do you think your baby could decide to come earlier than planned c-sec?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes great timing, but hey everyone deserves a holiday! I just hope I get deliver with him, he'll have someone covering his practice but this is my 3rd Bub with him so would like it to be him, I'll be crossing legs tight while he's gone if I haven't delivered before then! I'm more nervous of going into labour than I have been, purely cause I'm feeling BH this time (didn't feel them last 2 times) and Bub is sitting a lot lower than the other 2 did.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @AmyEL less than 6 weeks.. eek.. so close now! I have about 8 weeks unless they decide to come earlier..
    @Gingerlion having a date definitely makes it feel real! I was one of those induction ending in emergency c section. So this time is going to be a different experience having a planned one.
    I second what Amy said about just take the drugs they give you, even if you feel like you could do withoutl (makes me sound like a druggie lol) and get up and about as soon as you can. Take it easy still but movement is definitely better for a quicker recovery.
    I had a laparoscopy last year and I think that was worse than my c section to be honest. Nothing is worse than that horrible trapped gas pain. Everyone is different though.
    @mummymaybe sorry your still getting morning sickness. The things we have to go through for these babies!! Women should have to carry them but the dads get the symptoms. Seems only fair to share the load

AFM.. had our 28 week growth scan on Thursday. Both bubs are growing beautifully and weigh roughly 1.3kgs each. So happy with their sizes. Did my GTT and I don't have it... somehow after all the chocolate and junk I've been eating I avoided it lol... I do have super low iron though.. level came back at only 6. And my haemoglobin is also low. Have to double my iron tablets (had run out a few months ago and been to lazy to go get some.. dumb dumb me ) until my next OB appt on Thursday. Then she will discuss the plan with me. Pretty sure it should be another iron infusion and all will be good. Well that's what I'm hoping anyway!

Sorry if I missed any one else. Hope all is going well. Can't believe we are towards the end of April already.. These bubs are going to be here before we know it!!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to kdsd For This Useful Post:

Gingerlion  (30-04-2017)