+ Reply to Thread
Page 63 of 72 FirstFirst ... 13536162636465 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MaybeBabyIVF View Post
    Currently my placenta has moved up away from cervix so I may not have to yet
    Good news, the less risk the better

Thanks
    Reviews
    Currently my placenta has moved up away from cervix so I may not have to yet
    My ob said once the placenta is up it doesn't move back down so sounds like you will be ok.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AmyEL View Post
    Good news, the less risk the better
    Quote Originally Posted by mummymaybe View Post
    My ob said once the placenta is up it doesn't move back down so sounds like you will be ok.
    Whoops sorry girls I had a typo. It hasn't moved up and away from my cervix yet.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Whoops sorry girls I had a typo. It hasn't moved up and away from my cervix yet.
    Bugger. You still have time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oops well my response wouldn't have made sense to you then!!

C-sections aren't as bad as they are made out, I'm onto my 3rd & wouldn't have it any other way, whatever gets the baby here safely

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AmyEL For This Useful Post:

Gingerlion  (25-03-2017),MaybeBabyIVF  (26-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

C-sections aren't as bad as they are made out, I'm onto my 3rd & wouldn't have it any other way, whatever gets the baby here safely
    Yeh that's my thoughts and with my pregnancy anxiety at all time over having a take home baby i think I'd be leaning that way anyways. I've only had 1 csect and it was a cat 1 emergency so was knocked out for it so it's also the unknown for me but because of circumstances I also lost quite a lot of blood and went into shock and needed to be out from the ga asap so they stapled me shut on the outside which were forgotten about and day 10 when I couldn't walk and was in more agony then day 2, the midwife thought it was strange and no one realised I still had staples in so my recovery was horrid. I know it'll be different this time round having a private Ob etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeh that's my thoughts and with my pregnancy anxiety at all time over having a take home baby i think I'd be leaning that way anyways. I've only had 1 csect and it was a cat 1 emergency so was knocked out for it so it's also the unknown for me but because of circumstances I also lost quite a lot of blood and went into shock and needed to be out from the ga asap so they stapled me shut on the outside which were forgotten about and day 10 when I couldn't walk and was in more agony then day 2, the midwife thought it was strange and no one realised I still had staples in so my recovery was horrid. I know it'll be different this time round having a private Ob etc.
    Wow @MaybeBabyIVF that all sounds horrendous. How can they 'forget'? Uurrgghhh so frustrating and upsetting on top of the situation at the time. Wow.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @AmyEL Can I ask why you chose the c-section for the first one? I'm so in two minds about an induction or a c-section (assuming no natural labour as I'm not allowed to go over my due date). I kinda have an issue with inductions as they are trying to force your body into doing something it's not ready to do. OB told me 40% of inductions lead to emergency c-sections so it seems like a no brainer to have a c-section. But then I've read about recovery times and they seem to really vary from '2 weeks and I felt fine' to 'I didn't feel right for months'. I'm so torn.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingerlion View Post
    @AmyEL Can I ask why you chose the c-section for the first one? I'm so in two minds about an induction or a c-section (assuming no natural labour as I'm not allowed to go over my due date). I kinda have an issue with inductions as they are trying to force your body into doing something it's not ready to do. OB told me 40% of inductions lead to emergency c-sections so it seems like a no brainer to have a c-section. But then I've read about recovery times and they seem to really vary from '2 weeks and I felt fine' to 'I didn't feel right for months'. I'm so torn.
    @Gingerlion no probs, I was in no position for induction at 38w so it was either wait till 41w & see if anything happens & if nothing had changed it would be c-section anyway... at 38wks DS was sitting so high that induction would likely mean the cord would prolapse first & become very dangerous & result in emergency which is why my OB said no to induction... DH worked away & was home from 38.5w so we decided on a c-section at 39wks as nothing had changed but meant I had DH Home for 6 weeks with Bub instead of waiting around when there was no certainty of anything & then him having to go back to work & me not healed properly... turns out it was a great decision cause DS had his cord around his neck & had meconium in my waters so would have been emergency anyway!

The thing with induction is it will only work of your body is on its way to being ready or ready... mine was no where near that so it was a straight no from OB, DS was stuck high in my uterus (had to be pulled/forced out even with c-section) so no matter how much inducing they could have done nothing would probably have happened & it would have got scary quickly! I have 3 older sisters & all 3 had had emergency c-sections & all 3 said to avoid an emergency if you can, so that helped me make the decision.

Recovery wise I was much better with the second but that was because I was wiser... my advise would be to read as much as you can, prepare yourself to move as a early as you can after op, you are still on pain killers at first so you can move without pain easily (albeit a bit stiff) so do it, the more you move the better your recovery will be, the more you stay still the more your body will seize up & the recovery becomes harder... so ask for your catheter to come out asap & for the nurses to get you up & showered as soon as possible, use the pain relief, there is no reason you should feel any pain (pain only hinders your recovery)... if you plan to breastfeed c-section can delay your milk so get some lactation cookies (bake or buy) and eat those in hospital as soon as possible, also use a breast pump in between bubs feeding to help stimulate milk. With number 1 my milk took 6 days to come in, number 2 it was day 2... dealing with a baby that is getting enough to eat is far nicer than dealing with a starving one!

Ok now I've gone on for too long! Let me know if you have any other questions

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @AmyEL that's great info! I guess then it's important to communicate with my OB well closer to the time. At least if the baby is in the right position I'm guessing that means he'll be ready to come out. Otherwise I'll be going down the sun-roof option.

So much good advice in there, THANK YOU