+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I really want to learn to knit or crochet so that I can make cute stuff.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Late to the party

We are TTC, but prior we did buy a couple of things before. However these things weren't with a bundle of joy in mind, it was like 'Wow, this is a bargain' and chuck it in the closet in the spare room. I think its less about keeping these things in your home, and more about your mental clarity and feelings towards them. We are excited to get pregnant but everything we have purchased is completely from a 'thats a bargain' money perspective - and we are also stock pilers, so it seems natural to me.

I actually yet have no interest in baby clothes, or blankets etc. Because in my opinion, I want to save the 'personally picked out' items when we are pregnant.

I'm mainly interested in purchasing the foundation items for a great price, like cot, drawers, change table, car seat, pram. Worst case scenario we would just sell it on gumtree or give it away.

From a mental perspective, our stock doesn't have an owner, if my best friend fell pregnant and she needed help, I would have no reservations giving her my stuff, I have no attachment to it what so ever.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I did and regretted it as we found out we had massive problems with getting pregnant so the purchases didn't help! Up to you of course

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I wouldn't buy anything with a warranty, until late in pregnancy. We bought DDs pram when I was about 6 months pregnant. She was in a capsule until she was 6 months. Shortly after we started using the pram seat, it broke, and was out of warranty

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Lil Smurfy For This Useful Post:

HillDweller  (13-06-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    i bought a few bits and pieces but later regretted it as when i did fall pregnant i ended up having a micarriage. i ended up giving it to my partner to put away for me. i probably wont be buying anything until im 12 plus weeks, we are aiming for trying again in july. Took us 5-6 months to concieve last time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I researched before I was pregnant but didn't purchase. There are always baby sales on and many places price match

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Buying baby stuff whilst TTC

Me...... I celebrated every bit of good news or good test results during the 9 years we spent TTC.
    We got to the point where we decided enough was enough, stopped trying and started sorting through everything we had (clothes, blankets, play mats, new bottles etc - nothing big like furniture though) and decided to sell everything as we had no use for any of it and never would.
    I'm being induced tomorrow at 38+4
    Having so much stuff already was a god send, I felt like it took a lot of pressure off us both financially and mentally (trying to figure out what we needed!!)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ceejie For This Useful Post:

kylie764  (21-06-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I bought some small things like clothes or little toys that i thought were cute. Didn't buy any big ticket items until i was actually pregnant

Thanks
    Reviews
    My sister bought heaps, and then it took her 2.5 years and Ivf to conceive. It was a torture for her to see it all.

I bought a few bits of clothing, and am now on 13 months of bfn's and I really hate seeing that stuff I bought back at the beginning because it reminds me how happy and exciting this process used to be - now everything is painful and upsetting.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to ana14 For This Useful Post:

Rachi321  (25-06-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I did for my daughter was pretty handy and I'm doing it this time (will not be actively trying until May next year) but some small stuff here and there I can pop in the storage under the stairs. Bigger things I'd wait for but for instance today I bought a swaddle and change mat they come packaged and can be stored for ages